A worthy purchase

Started Jun 18, 2019 | User reviews
Robin Ducker New Member • Posts: 9
A worthy purchase

This focal length isn't in my preferred range so I was willing to compromise somewhat. Overall, I am glad I did, though I would have loved this lens to reach down to 24mm FL at which I take the majority of my shots. Generally I use the Sony 16-35 for this - 24mm being one of its strengths, while 35 is clearly not. So, at 28mm + the Tamron fills a useful role. Compared to the Sony at for me. At 28-35mm its about equal or one stop better at 28 but clearly superior at 35 on the Sony. In the field this shows up very clearly and I have been quite pleased with some of the images, particularly those in which I have used focus stacking to gain extra acuity. A worthwhile purchase. Build quality wise, it's clearly second best to the Sony range, so look after it because its doesn't feel like it can handle hard use.

Robin Ducker's gear list:Robin Ducker's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R III Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +6 more
Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD
Wideangle zoom lens • Sony FE • A046
Announced: Feb 20, 2019
Robin Ducker's score
Average community score
James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 9,219
Re: A worthy purchase

Robin the 17-28mm not surprisingly doesn't go to 35mm So your review has been posted for the wrong lens , perhaps you meant the Tamron 17-35mm

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling:
It is not reason which is the guide of life, but custom. David Hume

James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z7 Olympus E-M5 III Nikon Z7 II +10 more
DejayRezme Regular Member • Posts: 134
Re: A worthy purchase

He probably meant the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD https://www.dpreview.com/products/tamron/lenses/tamron_28-75_2p8_di_iii_rxd

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads