Milky Way inspiration

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Dan Zafra
Dan Zafra Junior Member • Posts: 38
Milky Way inspiration

A good source of inspiration is always good for shooting the Milky Way. I've been working on a project trying to gather the best Milky Way images and stories around the world.

Hope you like it and it encourages to go out and shoot beautiful images of our galaxy!

https://capturetheatlas.com/best-milky-way-images/

Hoka Hey
Hoka Hey Contributing Member • Posts: 892
Re: Milky Way inspiration

What are the rules of this forum in regard to posting images that aren't yours without attribution?

-- hide signature --

Joe

Gman58 Senior Member • Posts: 2,121

He posted the link to a public forum, where they are found. I don't think it's a problem to repost public images.

Gman58's gear list:Gman58's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Dan Zafra
OP Dan Zafra Junior Member • Posts: 38

Hi Hoka,

I think there is no need to mention the 25 authors of this article on this post when you can just click the article and see their images/stories/websites and social media.
All the images and information was authorized and submitted by them with prior consent.

I just wanted to share their work with the community, hope it wasn't misunderstood!

Hoka Hey

Dan Zafra wrote:

Hi Hoka,

I think there is no need to mention the 25 authors of this article on this post when you can just click the article and see their images/stories/websites and social media.
All the images and information was authorized and submitted by them with prior consent.

I just wanted to share their work with the community, hope it wasn't misunderstood!

As long as you have their permission to publish their images without attribution to promote your business for profit, it’s ethical.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Dan Zafra

Hoka Hey wrote:

Dan Zafra wrote:

Hi Hoka,

As long as you have their permission to publish their images without attribution to promote your business for profit, it’s ethical.

As mentioned, In the article you'll see the author, location, caption, website, Instagram, Facebook page and 500 px of each author.
All of them accepted and submitted the images for the project.
Dan

Dan Zafra

Gman58 wrote:

He posted the link to a public forum, where they are found. I don't think it's a problem to repost public images.

Thanks Gman for your understanding. As the owner of a Photography website I'm always concerned about this matters.

swimswithtrout Veteran Member • Posts: 3,270

Dan Zafra wrote:

A good source of inspiration is always good for shooting the Milky Way. I've been working on a project trying to gather the best Milky Way images and stories around the world.

Hope you like it and it encourages to go out and shoot beautiful images of our galaxy!

https://capturetheatlas.com/best-milky-way-images/

Too bad that 90% have no clue what they're doing.......

They all default to the Tungsten Blue WB . "Fake" composites, light painting.

For real information go HERE

or read the discussion HERE

bmike
bmike Senior Member • Posts: 1,834

'25 Most Inspiring Cat Photos from Around the World'

Hoka Hey

Dan Zafra wrote:

Hoka Hey wrote:

Dan Zafra wrote:

Hi Hoka,

As mentioned, In the article you'll see the author, location, caption, website, Instagram, Facebook page and 500 px of each author.
All of them accepted and submitted the images for the project.
Dan

It looks like the sole point to this thread is to promote your photography travel business using other peoples work without attribution. I would be curious to know if they gave you permission to use their images without the information contained in your website. That is what you did here.

i also wonder whether this forum is the right place for self promotion of your workshops.

Even if it is, these are not close to the best MW images anywhere. Check out the astro forum for far better works. Here is a link to the world's best astro photography

https://www.rmg.co.uk/royal-observatory/insight-astronomy-photographer-year

If you want to inspire folks point them there.

Finally, since your post is about astrophotography/nightscapes, why don’t you post it to the astro forum and see what kind of a welcome you get there.

To those other than OP, sorry about the Angry Guy Rant. The original post seems completely inappropriate on a number of different levels.

-- hide signature --

Joe

JT26 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,505

Do you think it detracts from the image / feeling when you realise probably less than 10% of these are real?

Wonderful images, but...

Moon0326 Contributing Member • Posts: 723

Many people actually know that. They choose to ignore, which is totally up to them.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads