Godox 850II + Xpro sony trigger + a7iii how to setup

Started 4 months ago | Questions
icoh Junior Member • Posts: 36
Godox 850II + Xpro sony trigger + a7iii how to setup

hello,

I have a question how to get 'Godox 850II + Xpro sony trigger + a7iii ' with wireless mode

working together.

It does not look like the trigger + camera and the flash communicate..

Normally if I change the setting on the trigger, the flash also change it the same way, right??

all of the settings are below on the images.

I chose wireless flash mode on the camera... and chose wireless mode on the flash.

what do I need to do more or change to make it work??

thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Thomas Traub Contributing Member • Posts: 643
Re: Godox 850II + Xpro sony trigger + a7iii how to setup

read the manual

Advice: set the flash to "slave" and go at least 0,5 m away - the units have problems with distances under 0,3 (or 0,5?) meters. I don't understand why but that is explained in the manual.

-- hide signature --

with best regards from Vienna
Thomas T
If we photographers were taxi-drivers we all wanted a 450 HP Ferrari for our job

Thomas Traub's gear list:Thomas Traub's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +5 more
OP icoh Junior Member • Posts: 36

thanks a lot!

kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245

V850II is in the wrong syncing mode(s). You've got it set to be a radio master (transmitter), and an S1 "dumb" optical slave.

You probably want to take it out of S1 mode, so a stray flash burst won't set off the V850II [hold down Zoom/Fn, then repeatedly press SET until you're at 05 and set it to 05-OF (rotate the wheel and press SET)]. The S1 on the lower right of the LCD should go away.

And you want the radio mode to be "S" (slave), not "M" (master). [hold down MODE/lightning bolt until the radio icon on the lower left of the LCD flashes, then turn the wheel until it displays S and press SET.]

Also check on the XPro transmitter so that the ID C.Fn isn't turned on. The V850II and TT600 can't use ID codes.

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more

hi kli, thank you for your very detailed & kind message!!

kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245

icoh wrote:

hi kli, thank you for your very detailed & kind message!!

You're welcome.

You also want to take the camera out of wireless flash mode. That's for Sony's WL system, not for Godox's 2.4 GHz radio system. You'll also want to make sure the camera isn't using any electronic shutter/curtain or silent shutter modes. Most Sony users say you should set the flash mode on the camera to Fill Flash. (I'm not a Sony shooter, so it may not be called exactly that.)

Good luck!

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more

hi kil,

I got used to canon interface... could be good friends with it without reading it’s manual :))

yes for my (newer) sony I am struggling a bit for each step or need to study it well...

thank you have a good day!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads