Fujifilm Camera Remote app with X-T20

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
GarySFBCN
GarySFBCN Forum Member • Posts: 72
Fujifilm Camera Remote app with X-T20

The latest release of the Camera Remote app has brought new consistency - instead of working sometimes, it doesn't work at all.

Anyone else have this problem?

GarySFBCN's gear list:GarySFBCN's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samsung Galaxy S9+
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Crashton
Crashton Senior Member • Posts: 1,789
Re: Fujifilm Camera Remote app with X-T20

It works great for me. I wonder if you delete it & then reinstall it if that might help? I'm using an iPhone if that makes a difference.

-- hide signature --

Chuck

Crashton's gear list:Crashton's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 +9 more
muptup Regular Member • Posts: 104

Works ok for me too.

I've been using Cascable which had worked pretty reliably but it's still slow for transfer and doesn't allow batch photo transfer. So this is the first time I've checked out the Fuji app in a while and it looks much improved, I may swap back.

muptup's gear list:muptup's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
liggy
liggy Regular Member • Posts: 434

Crashton wrote:

It works great for me. I wonder if you delete it & then reinstall it if that might help? I'm using an iPhone if that makes a difference.

X2

Works great now after deleting and a fresh Bluetooth pairing.  Minor PITA.

liggy's gear list:liggy's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm XQ1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +24 more
Victoria Marshall Regular Member • Posts: 344

GarySFBCN wrote:

The latest release of the Camera Remote app has brought new consistency - instead of working sometimes, it doesn't work at all.

Anyone else have this problem?

It works fine for me, but in typical Fuji fashion, it's quirky as hell. I have an X100F, and an X-T2, and my phone is a Galaxy S8.

Maybe you're doing all this stuff already, but here's what I do.

-your phone's location must be on.

-obviously, you have to give the app permission to use the storage on your phone.

-I have no empirical evidence to claim that this is the 'right' way, but I always turn on the wifi transmitter on the camera before starting up the app. I make sure that the viewing screen on the back of the camera is 'on', so can make sure that the camera is, in fact, transmitting.

-I wait until the screen appears that shows you your camera, and then select 'live view shooting' or 'image transfer.'

-then I wait for it to connect. This usually takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds.

-Then, I can adjust all my shooting settings from the app.

Victoria Marshall's gear list:Victoria Marshall's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
GarySFBCN
OP GarySFBCN Forum Member • Posts: 72

Thank you.  I did delete the app, reinstalled it, set the permissions and it still didn't work.  My battery wasn't really low, but I decided to give it a charge and it worked.  The app isn't as intuitive as the previous version and I suspect that iPhone users have a better experience than those of us on Android. 
I think it was a combination of problems.  When I reinstalled the app, it asked my camera model, etc and the previous installation did not ask for that information. 
Anyway, thanks!

GarySFBCN's gear list:GarySFBCN's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samsung Galaxy S9+
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads