OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 40,036
Re: I thought this was kinda weird

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

snappyden wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

A while ago I bought these tinkerbell fairies on an auction for my granddaughter. . Came from China. Well I gave them to her the other day and my daughter tells me...They are all "Bare-Butts". I never noticed. But do think it's kind of weird?

Lo

Look up "Tinkerbell Anime" Bill.

You naughty, naughty, boy ;-0.

Thanks

Bill,

I can't stop laughing . But it s pretty sad when one can't even buy a toy for their grandchild without Mr. Nasty getting involved.

Den

Yup, I agree 100%

Well, if you are comparing with the Disney cartoons, not much more than some indescrepit off-white paint appears to be missing from those figurines. There also is a scene with mermaids that aren't actually wearing clothing and they are fish only waist-down. It's just that something or other always happens to be in the line of sight of anything but a PG rating. So how do you even make figurines of this stuff when it's only their specific filmic poses that made them PG?

Frankly, I still wonder what the actual market for those kidney-infection Tinkerbells is supposed to be, but then sometimes my imagination does not prepare me for everything.

I have no clue

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
RLBur
RLBur Veteran Member • Posts: 3,803
Strawberry Moon - 6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Last night's Strawberry Moon Over the Mojave.

RLBur's gear list:RLBur's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot S120 +11 more
Bill Borne
Re: Strawberry Moon - 6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Nice shot. Now get some trees or mountains in the shot

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Bill Borne
Just Lady Bugs doing their thing

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

RLBur
Bill: Ask and ye shall receive

Moon, mountain, and scrub trees ...all that you will find in the desert here.

Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot S120 +11 more
Bill Borne
Re: Bill: Ask and ye shall receive

I like that one better

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

RLBur
Bill

I have to drive out of town to get those shots, lol. Too many buildings and houses to get a shot like that from my house.

Glad you liked it.

Randy

Bill Borne
Re: Bill

RLBur wrote:

I have to drive out of town to get those shots, lol. Too many buildings and houses to get a shot like that from my house.

Glad you liked it.

Randy

I Took one the other night handheld but wasn't very good! I wasn't gonna post it but here it is

For for what it's worth?

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Evenstar606
Evenstar606 Senior Member • Posts: 2,877
Re: W

hwvlover wrote:

TF said the squirrel

Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

My thoughts exactly, squirrel! What is that thing? ๐Ÿ˜‚

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606's gear list:Evenstar606's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Apple iPhone X
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 1,542

Bill Borne wrote:

RLBur wrote:

Glad you liked it.

Randy

I Took one the other night handheld but wasn't very good! I wasn't gonna post it but here it is

For for what it's worth?

Better than mine.

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Bill Borne

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

RLBur wrote:

Glad you liked it.

Randy

For for what it's worth?

Better than mine.

Not Really..... 2 different type picsย 

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 1,087
Re: ***6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Just missed the brilliance  .. was trying to grab the camera from my backpack .. and was using rx100 m2 already in my hand

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S6000 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 +5 more
Bill Borne
Re: ***6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Still a nice shot

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Pi lover
Pi lover Senior Member • Posts: 1,493
Re: Bill: Ask and ye shall receive

RLBur wrote:

Moon, mountain, and scrub trees ...all that you will find in the desert here.

That is a beautiful shot.   There are a million standard moon in the sky shots.  With the trees, the angle  (hill?) you have gone where few have gone before.  Not centering... good choice.  Out of all the shots I'm looking at on this thread this one is the keeper.

It would be very neat to keep the cam in the same position (tripod) and combine 2 shots with the lower part in daylight (low light) and the top in dark.

Grant.

hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 3,935
Re: W

Evenstar606 wrote:

hwvlover wrote:

TF said the squirrel

Regards,
David
And I have opted out.

My thoughts exactly, squirrel! What is that thing? ๐Ÿ˜‚

It is a baffle, designed to stop the squirrel getting to the bird feeders.  It certainly has the little creature baffled......at the moment.
Regards,
David
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,318
Re: Just Lady Bugs doing their thing

Bill Borne wrote:

Was this in your garden Bill? If it was you might have trouble - those aren't ladybugs, there lily beetles.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 1,542

edform wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Was this in your garden Bill? If it was you might have trouble - those aren't ladybugs, there lily beetles.

I wanted to post a quip about how this did not seem very lady-like to me, took a look at the Wikipedia page about coccinellidae and decided this was way over my head to joke about accurately.

But then in this forum someone always delivers.

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,981
New ride and new rider

I've always driven pick-up trucks, but when my wife got sick, I had to sell my truck and buy a coupe that was low and had long doors in order to get her in and out of the vehicle from her wheelchair (basically a dead-weight lift). The truck was too high and the crew-cab doors to narrow for that to work. I used the coupe for business and general transportation and the old Jeep to get up and down the mountain in bad weather, for hunting and to tow behind the motorhome. I missed the truck for heavy hauling and towing.

Now that I'm not dealing with wheelchairs any more, I am able to go back to driving a truck. Been looking around for a while and decided on a new "compact" Ford Ranger because modern pick-ups have become so huge. The Ranger is about the size my pick-ups used to be - perfect for me. It has every cool bell and whistle Ford offers, plus I had it built and equipped for serious off-road use. It will work fine for daily transportation, for towing behind the MH, for hunting; and I've already used it several times for heavy hauling. I like it so far and it's nice to replace two vehicles with just one (I still own way too many).

Along with the new truck has come a new rider in the form of little Bliss. Bliss enjoys riding just like all of my dogs - a necessary thing for a working bird dog to be, because we will cover many, many miles together. Joy and Bliss sleeping on the back seat of the truck after an outing:

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 3,935
Another hummer

taken when I was on holiday in the Caribbean

Antillean crested female
Regards,
David
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,318

Dak on cam wrote:

edform wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Was this in your garden Bill? If it was you might have trouble - those aren't ladybugs, they're lily beetles.

I wanted to post a quip about how this did not seem very lady-like to me, took a look at the Wikipedia page about coccinellidae and decided this was way over my head to joke about accurately.

But then in this forum someone always delivers.

Perhaps you don't know that Bill is an ardent grower of lilies, with a big collection. Lily beetle is seriously bad news.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads