Pan LF1, First snap

Started 2 months ago | Photos
rolandb
rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,747
Pan LF1, First snap

First snap with my 'new' LF1,,

Time will tell if the camera is a 'keeper' or not.

Thanks for looking guys.

Roland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolandb52/

"" I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turn into a photograph.""

rolandb's gear list:rolandb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Olympus TG-5
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Cpljacko Regular Member • Posts: 440
Re: Pan LF1, First snap

I have an LF1 which I normally only use when I need something really small. It produces excellent results in many situations and probably gets underrated because of the tiny viewfinder. I've had mine for a few years now and will certainly hang on to it. I see you used the -2/3 stop underexposure - good idea because the camera can have a tendency to blow out the highlights.

Cpljacko's gear list:Cpljacko's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100 II Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
rolandb
OP rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,747

Cpljacko wrote:

I have an LF1 which I normally only use when I need something really small. It produces excellent results in many situations and probably gets underrated because of the tiny viewfinder. I've had mine for a few years now and will certainly hang on to it. I see you used the -2/3 stop underexposure - good idea because the camera can have a tendency to blow out the highlights.

Thanks Cp,,

Early days yet with the LF1,,

Yes I always seem to set my Panny compacts to a -2/3 exposure.

Roland.

"" I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turn into a photograph.""

rolandb's gear list:rolandb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Olympus TG-5
edhume
edhume Contributing Member • Posts: 774

I use my LX7 for most shots, but the LF1 has the same sensor and fits in a pocket, so it goes abroad for impromptu shots. The LF1 also has a mild telephoto (10x). Too bad my instance will not maintain a clear autofocus at max telephoto. I nope your copy keeps a clear focus and gives you good pictures. Remember that it can open to f/2.0 so that it is not bad in low light.

edhume's gear list:edhume's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Silkypix Developer Studio Pro Corel Aftershot Pro DxO Optics Pro Elite +8 more
sigamy Junior Member • Posts: 40

I just got the Leica C version of this camera.  I’m interested to see how it performs as a “take to the park on walk” cam.

saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,990

rolandb wrote:

Thanks for looking guys.

Roland.

The LF1 is an excellent little camera, only let down by the tiny evf. If it had a better one, I'd still have mine!

Dave

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +1 more
Smallpox
Smallpox Regular Member • Posts: 320

The LF1 is an excellent little camera, only let down by the tiny evf. If it had a better one, I'd still have mine!

Excellent little camera with sensible sensor size vs IQ. Viewfinder of no import...

-- hide signature --

Only drummers can travel in time

saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,990

Smallpox wrote:

Excellent little camera with sensible sensor size vs IQ. Viewfinder of no import...

The evf is very important to me and a lot of other people.  I wear reading glasses and the LCD is clear enough to see the scene but not to read the settings. If I don't have a decent evf I have to carry reading glasses and take them on and off all the time as I'm walking around taking photo's, which is an irritating nuisance.

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +1 more
NextShowForSure Contributing Member • Posts: 628

rolandb wrote:

Thanks for looking guys.

Roland.

These old 1/1.7" sensor cameras a rather a precious resource now. A lovely well balanced shot with the out of focus just right.

NextShowForSure's gear list:NextShowForSure's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads