I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,213
Re: I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Fishchris wrote:

.... for an 11 year old truck. I bought it new for a steal of a price ($31K window sticker, I got it for $23K) I did a bunch of stuff to it right in the first few months I owned it ($5,500 worth) but it was mostly stuff that does not stand out. Magnaflow true dual exhaust, super top end shocks, bed cover, etc, etc... then killed the chrome.... which I probably would have done anyway, but especially with my camo kick panels, I think chrome would look terrible. The stereo was aside from the $5,500, and it was awesome then, but has sort of evolved ever since. Probably not quite as loud now, but has never sounded more balanced, and full. Traded 5% loudness, for 90% better sound.

Anyway, the styling of my truck has been pretty polarizing. I've had a good number of guys come up to me (often hunters, or fishermen, or red necks lol ...who just flip out over it, like, wow ! I've never seen a truck styled like this ! Love it ! ...but have had plenty of guys in their white trucks, covered in chrome just kind of look at it crosseyed, like, "but wait, wheres the flash" lol

Not so much as a single door ding

Oh wait... this is not a new photo, but I think its pretty cool... now to find it...

My custom tailgate oval

PS, Even when I bought this truck, I always thought the GMC's and Chevy's looked better (I just got such a good deal, I had to go with the Ford)... And I continued to feel this way all the way until the last couple years. But IMPO, the brand new Chevy's have gotten kind of weird, while the new Fords look SO freaking tough and awesome ! My dream truck is a 2020 Ford Raptor.

But I do love trucks of all brands, and if somebody is handing them out, I'll take one right now, and worry about the brand later

Coyote motor? What year?

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Re: It's worthless

nevada5 wrote:

If you can't put the top down.

I feel it's worthless if you can. Would never spend my money on a convertible. That's just me, not putting yours down if you have one...

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Mackiesback
Mackiesback Senior Member • Posts: 6,712

Fishchris wrote:

1. Mackiesback wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

RetCapt wrote:

Speaking of Wranglers.......

There you go If your going to buy a Jeep, buy a Jeep ! THIS ^ is what Jeep is good at building ! Great color too

Btw, I once lost a bet with a friend (who was well known to often be completely FOS lol So he said, "My Jeep has WAY more steel in it, than your truck."... And I was like, No freaking way. So he says, My Jeep weighs over 8000lbs... And I'm thinking, Bro, you have to be out of your mind, my F150 only weighs 5200, and their is no way your Jeep is heavier than that.

So he broke out his manual, and his Jeep was over 8000 lbs ! Think I lost $20 on that one...

Google Jeep Wrangler curb weight and you will find that your friend is still fos.

His was much older...

Older Wranglers are actually lighter. Even the Suburban sized Grand Cherokee of old wasn’t close to 8000lbs.

I think your friend was looking at towing weight or capacity or something.

Mackiesback's gear list:Mackiesback's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D50 Nikon D100 Nikon Df +18 more
RetCapt Regular Member • Posts: 212

My recollection from when I bought it was a little over 3200#s.    That weight would be consistent with the published performance figures at the time.     These vehicles are not large.

nevada5
nevada5 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,721
Re: It's worthless

I'm on my 8th convertible. I'm counting a 911 targa and a Jeep Wrangler that I made topless. Not true ragtops but it's my list, I can do what I want. I don't think I'd feel right if I didn't have one to drive. 😀

-- hide signature --

Stay thirsty, my friends.
I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.
It's fun being me -- Denny Crane.

nevada5's gear list:nevada5's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Fishchris
OP Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,724

Coyote motor ? It's a 2008, 5.4L V8

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM

Fishchris wrote:

So not a coyote, they came out in 2010. They show up in the trucks and Mustang GTs.

Savannah0986 Regular Member • Posts: 157

Ugh.  You Americans certainly know how to make ugly cars!

S.

Savannah0986 wrote:

Ugh. You Americans certainly know how to make ugly cars!

S.

Is this perhaps your idea of a beautiful car?

Mackiesback

stevo23 wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

So not a coyote, they came out in 2010. They show up in the trucks and Mustang GTs.

They came out in 2010 in the 2011 models. I always felt sorry for the 2010 GT owners, new body style, but old engine. The Coyote is so much better that the 4.6.

Mackiesback

Savannah0986 wrote:

Ugh. You Americans certainly know how to make ugly cars!

S.

And yet, we are still making them.

Your sense of humour is unenviable.

Sorry to disappoint, but my car is a Maserati Ghibli.

S.

Mackiesback wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

They came out in 2010 in the 2011 models. I always felt sorry for the 2010 GT owners, new body style, but old engine. The Coyote is so much better that the 4.6.

So I hear. I still had a 2007 V6 Mustang in 2010 so never got to experience that 4.6. A lot of people seem to like it for modding.

Now I have a 2017 GT with a higher ratio rear end - it really jumps. Great match up.

Savannah0986 wrote:

It wasn't humor, your insult to Americans was inane.

Yea sure. Doesn't matter. You'll forever be associated with this:

stevo23 wrote:

Savannah0986 wrote:

Oh good, so glad.

Why should I personally be associated with an admittedly ridiculous vehicle that died before I was born?  Admittedly, it was the subject of one of the funniest ever episodes of Top Gear.

I drive a Ghibli, but oh my, how I'd love an Edsel.

HRC2016 Senior Member • Posts: 4,384
Not a fan

Statistically, pickups are the least safest cars on the road. That's due to their high center of gravity (which goes along with seeing over traffic), the rural locations in which they are driven and irresponsible drivers.

Also, driving a truck can alter your sense of how fast you are going, which is why many truck drivers speed.

In my most recent car-buying process it was between a Nissan pickup and a compact SUV. The little SUV has slightly higher ground clearance, lots of storage and gets 30+ mpg.  I like the environment. If I want to go offroad I will hike to leave no trace.

I've driven trucks in the past. They have their place. But so many people who drive them are real jerks, and use a truck to make up for physical or mental deficiencies.

richiebee wrote:

As someone who has never had any interest in owning a truck, to someone who obviously does like them, what’s the attraction? They certainly are popular but other than people who need a washable, durable bed, for whom they’re obviously very practical, I don’t understand the point over a car or SUV.

-- hide signature --

I believe in science, evolution and light. All opinions are my own. I'm not compensated for any of my posts. Can you honestly say that?

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more

Savannah0986 wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Savannah0986 wrote:

Oh good, so glad.

You're glad you're inane? I don't know what to say.

Why should I personally be associated with an admittedly ridiculous vehicle that died before I was born?

Because they still live on.

Admittedly, it was the subject of one of the funniest ever episodes of Top Gear.

Loved watching the rocket explode.

I drive a Ghibli

So is it the terrible Chrysler interior parts like the UConnect system and steering column parts that attracted you, or the underpowered V6? Honestly, you should have held out for our Camaro ZL1. At least when you close the passenger door for your date, you know you'll actually be able to drive to the restaurant instead of having to call the tow service.

, but oh my, how I'd love an Edsel.

It would certainly save you some money. But then the number of gorgeous women who would flock to you just to be near that car would be overwhelming.

So what is it you want to be associated with then, the Edsel or the Robin?

Mackiesback

Savannah0986 wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Savannah0986 wrote:

Oh good, so glad.

Why should I personally be associated with an admittedly ridiculous vehicle that died before I was born?

Because when you condemn and entire nation's automotive output in an ignorant blanket statement, you should expect the same in return. If you want to avoid that, refrain from ignorant blanket statements.

And as much as I love about the UK, your automotive history is nothing to write home about. Your car and motorcycle industry was literally crushed in the 70s due to the inability to incorporate things like basic safety features and emissions controls. Couldn't figure out disc brakes on bikes for a decade after the Japanese did it, heck, it rains half the year there and your wipers sucked. If anybody should have been good at wipers, it should have been you.

So no, it's not really fair to link you to the Robin, given your age, but we are playing by your rules here, and what was it that replaced the Robin exactly? That's right. Nothing.

Probably for the better.

Admittedly, it was the subject of one of the funniest ever episodes of Top Gear.

I drive a Ghibli, but oh my, how I'd love an Edsel.

brucet
brucet Veteran Member • Posts: 3,357

There is no doubt the Americans have built some butt ugly cars. But so have the French, Germans, English and just about about every other country in the world. But just like photography it's all in the eye of the viewer.

Australian's don't built cars so we are exempt from the debate!!!!!!

regards

-- hide signature --

I thought I made a mistake once. But I was wrong!
https://500px.com/brucetreloar
https://www.brucetreloar.blogspot.com.au

brucet's gear list:brucet's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
andrzej bialuski Senior Member • Posts: 2,750

Geez, Guys!

Get a garage and lick or bite each other’s rims 🤫😏

This is the weirdest discussion on DPR I have ever seen

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads