I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
(unknown member) Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: I think she's still looking pretty good :)

What do you think of that new Jeep Gladiator?

Fishchris
OP Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,724
Re: I should have said, post a shot of your truck !

brucet wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

brucet wrote:

OK so you show me yours so I'll show you mine!

Love Dodges too πŸ™‚

I really wasn't talking about you specifically, when I said that many of the guys that look at my truck cross-eyed, are driving white trucks with a bunch of chrome ☺️ lol

No offence taken. We deliberately bought a white truck so we could blend into the crowd. It looks like a 'standard' 1500 RAM. Parked in a hotel lot it looked just like any other work truck. But it had all the goodies in it. Drove it all over the USA for almost 6 years. Then a health scare forced me to sell it and return to Australia. I LOVED that truck like nothing else. (Shhhh don't tell my wife I said that). But that truck enabled me to travel and take approx 60000 images in all sorts of place.

Someone asked why a truck/pickup? Well IMHO it allowed us to bash up some very 'average' back roads and tracks. Lots of places we would never have dreamed of going in a car. In reality it was a valuable tool to allow me to get some great shots in some less popular and less well known places.

Keep on trucking.

regards

There are definitely a lot of places I'll take me truck, that I won't take me little car.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
Mackiesback
Mackiesback Senior Member • Posts: 6,712
Re: Honest question...

Nutty Lutty wrote:

richiebee wrote:

As someone who has never had any interest in owning a truck, to someone who obviously does like them, what’s the attraction? They certainly are popular but other than people who need a washable, durable bed, for whom they’re obviously very practical, I don’t understand the point over a car or SUV.

When I was in Iowa, I saw many lifted trucks rolling coal in people's faces. That must be part of the appeal for some of the people driving them.

I wonder what it's like in coal country like WV. Would hate to drive a Prius there.

Since a lot of electricity is coal powered, you may fit right in.

Mackiesback's gear list:Mackiesback's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D50 Nikon D100 Nikon Df +18 more

Mackiesback wrote:

Nutty Lutty wrote:

richiebee wrote:

As someone who has never had any interest in owning a truck, to someone who obviously does like them, what’s the attraction? They certainly are popular but other than people who need a washable, durable bed, for whom they’re obviously very practical, I don’t understand the point over a car or SUV.

When I was in Iowa, I saw many lifted trucks rolling coal in people's faces. That must be part of the appeal for some of the people driving them.

I wonder what it's like in coal country like WV. Would hate to drive a Prius there.

Since a lot of electricity is coal powered, you may fit right in.

Last year, on the way to VA, I drove right through WV without stopping my hybrid. My fuel gauge was hovering near empty, but the fear of anti-clean energy coal rollers high on opioids kept me going.

Fishchris

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

Not so much as a single door ding

+1

Totally love it! LOL.

Well thank you very much much πŸ™‚ After 11 years, so do I. But like I say, it's definitely not typical styling for the way trucks are usually customized.

A long time ago, I got to borrow a Ford Ranger from work.

The one with jumper seats in back.

My kids thought it was a lot of fun to drive around in the jumper seats! LOL.

But . . . with its 4 Litre engine, that thing eats gas like there's no tomorrow. LOL.

Oh wait... this is not a new photo, but I think its pretty cool... now to find it...

My custom tailgate oval

+1

Ok. I totally love the "Fish" emblem! How'd you get it done?

Well, i went to a place that did custom decals. We went through about 500 font designs until we found one very close to the Ford font. Scanned a Ford emblem, and just changed the "ord" to "ish". It was good too, because I was able to pick and choose the best colors, which in my case, to match my other badges, and the truck itself, ended up being satin black and antique gold πŸ™‚

PS, Even when I bought this truck, I always thought the GMC's and Chevy's looked better (I just got such a good deal, I had to go with the Ford)... And I continued to feel this way all the way until the last couple years. But IMPO, the brand new Chevy's have gotten kind of weird, while the new Fords look SO freaking tough and awesome ! My dream truck is a 2020 Ford Raptor.

But I do love trucks of all brands, and if somebody is handing them out, I'll take one right now, and worry about the brand later

My wife sometimes says, let's get a truck. But when we look at the gas and how we use our cars it just doesn't make sense for us.

So, when our little car finally required brakes and we weren't willing to spend any more money on it, we happened to find an old Nissan Rogue SUV. 2.5 Litre engine. It's unibody, not body-on-frame. Not the greatest on gas, but a lot less than a truck. But we totally love it. LOL.

As crazy as it sounds . . . I wouldn't mind a Lada 4x4 . . .

https://www.lada.ru/en/cars/4x4/3dv/about.html

Another unibody. I think it was one of the first.

Take care & Happy Trucking!

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Website

Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
Fishchris

Nutty Lutty wrote:

What do you think of that new Jeep Gladiator?

Those things are freaking cool ! πŸ™‚

Not a huge fan of other Jeep vehicles.... But I have always loved Wranglers, and the Gladiator "Wrangler truck" is no ex exception πŸ™‚

-- hide signature --

Website

nevada5
nevada5 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,709
It's worthless

If you can't put the top down.

-- hide signature --

Stay thirsty, my friends.
I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.
It's fun being me -- Denny Crane.

nevada5's gear list:nevada5's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Fishchris
Re: It's worthless

nevada5 wrote:

If you can't put the top down.

Ummm.... As in like, a convertible ?

-- hide signature --

Website

RetCapt Regular Member • Posts: 210

Speaking of Wranglers.......

Fishchris

RetCapt wrote:

There you go If your going to buy a Jeep, buy a Jeep ! THIS ^ is what Jeep is good at building ! Great color too

Btw, I once lost a bet with a friend (who was well known to often be completely FOS lol So he said, "My Jeep has WAY more steel in it, than your truck."... And I was like, No freaking way. So he says, My Jeep weighs over 8000lbs... And I'm thinking, Bro, you have to be out of your mind, my F150 only weighs 5200, and their is no way your Jeep is heavier than that.

So he broke out his manual, and his Jeep was over 8000 lbs ! Think I lost $20 on that one...

-- hide signature --

Website

TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,193

Fishchris wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

+1

Totally love it! LOL.

Well thank you very much much πŸ™‚ After 11 years, so do I. But like I say, it's definitely not typical styling for the way trucks are usually customized.

+1

No it is not.

When I was looking at trucks . . . I noticed a few with the air intact being moved up really high, the added chrome, etc, and the really big, big tires.

Looks good. But I know for me, I would just not put any of that to good use. LOL.

Your truck has a nice understated power to it.

But . . . with its 4 Litre engine, that thing eats gas like there's no tomorrow. LOL.

Oh wait... this is not a new photo, but I think its pretty cool... now to find it...

My custom tailgate oval

+1

Well, i went to a place that did custom decals. We went through about 500 font designs until we found one very close to the Ford font. Scanned a Ford emblem, and just changed the "ord" to "ish". It was good too, because I was able to pick and choose the best colors, which in my case, to match my other badges, and the truck itself, ended up being satin black and antique gold πŸ™‚

It sounds like it was a bit of work, but one of those nice little things that shows the attention to detail.

I love it!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

PS, Even when I bought this truck, I always thought the GMC's and Chevy's looked better (I just got such a good deal, I had to go with the Ford)... And I continued to feel this way all the way until the last couple years. But IMPO, the brand new Chevy's have gotten kind of weird, while the new Fords look SO freaking tough and awesome ! My dream truck is a 2020 Ford Raptor.

But I do love trucks of all brands, and if somebody is handing them out, I'll take one right now, and worry about the brand later

My wife sometimes says, let's get a truck. But when we look at the gas and how we use our cars it just doesn't make sense for us.

So, when our little car finally required brakes and we weren't willing to spend any more money on it, we happened to find an old Nissan Rogue SUV. 2.5 Litre engine. It's unibody, not body-on-frame. Not the greatest on gas, but a lot less than a truck. But we totally love it. LOL.

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Mackiesback
Mackiesback Senior Member • Posts: 6,712

Fishchris wrote:

RetCapt wrote:

There you go If your going to buy a Jeep, buy a Jeep ! THIS ^ is what Jeep is good at building ! Great color too

Btw, I once lost a bet with a friend (who was well known to often be completely FOS lol So he said, "My Jeep has WAY more steel in it, than your truck."... And I was like, No freaking way. So he says, My Jeep weighs over 8000lbs... And I'm thinking, Bro, you have to be out of your mind, my F150 only weighs 5200, and their is no way your Jeep is heavier than that.

So he broke out his manual, and his Jeep was over 8000 lbs ! Think I lost $20 on that one...

Google Jeep Wrangler curb weight and you will find that your friend is still fos.

Mackiesback's gear list:Mackiesback's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D50 Nikon D100 Nikon Df +18 more

RetCapt wrote:

I'm a big fan of Wranglers. Love the styling, though I wonder about the reliability.

Nothing beats them (and the 4runner) off-road.

brucet
brucet Veteran Member • Posts: 3,357

Careful with the Jeep jokes. My daily driver is a KK.

Great car. Go anywhere in it. Especially the gas stations!!!

FWIW that's not a glass hood. It's just two images combined.

It also has lost the 'city' wheels and tyres for off road versions.

regards

-- hide signature --

I thought I made a mistake once. But I was wrong!
https://500px.com/brucetreloar
https://www.brucetreloar.blogspot.com.au

brucet's gear list:brucet's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Fishchris

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

+1

Totally love it! LOL.

+1

No it is not.

When I was looking at trucks . . . I noticed a few with the air intact being moved up really high, the added chrome, etc, and the really big, big tires.

Looks good. But I know for me, I would just not put any of that to good use. LOL.

Your truck has a nice understated power to it.

Yes, I hear you. I have actually said, that the only thing that would make me like the looks of my truck more, would be some giant tires, and a 16" lift.... And so once I actually looked into that. What I found, was that to do that right, it could cost me $10k to $15k, and when it was all said and done, I'd go from an already not great 19mpg, to a terrible 13mpg.... All to just look cooler. I guess if I had so much $$$ that I didn't know what to do with it, but that's never been my problem πŸ™‚ lol

My custom tailgate oval

+1

It sounds like it was a bit of work, but one of those nice little things that shows the attention to detail.

I love it!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Yes, I think she charged me like $25 for 1, but told me she would make extras for $3 each. So I had her make 3 of them. The vinyl lasts about 4 or 5 years.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Website

Fishchris
  1. Mackiesback wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

RetCapt wrote:

Google Jeep Wrangler curb weight and you will find that your friend is still fos.

His was much older...

-- hide signature --

Website

Fishchris

Nutty Lutty wrote:

RetCapt wrote:

I'm a big fan of Wranglers. Love the styling, though I wonder about the reliability.

Nothing beats them (and the 4runner) off-road.

Honestly,I've never heard about any reliability issues with Wranglers. Now Cherokee's and such, that's another story...

I think Jeep should have just stuck with "Jeeps"

-- hide signature --

Website

Fishchris

brucet wrote:

regards

Great color, and I love HDR auto shots.... Especially if they "look" HDR πŸ˜‰

-- hide signature --

Website

brucet
brucet Veteran Member • Posts: 3,357

Fishchris wrote:

brucet wrote:

regards

Great color, and I love HDR auto shots.... Especially if they "look" HDR πŸ˜‰

Yeah a bit over the top!!

-- hide signature --

I thought I made a mistake once. But I was wrong!
https://500px.com/brucetreloar
https://www.brucetreloar.blogspot.com.au

brucet's gear list:brucet's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Bob A L Senior Member • Posts: 2,134

Not from WV and never done opioids, but your disrespect and likely misconception of a specific group of fellow citizens needs some study and understanding.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads