This month with your Nikon 1 - June 2019

Started Jun 5, 2019 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
This month with your Nikon 1 - June 2019

My apologies for the delay - I was offline for some time and just came back online again.

Welcome to another monthly thread! Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2019: May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - June 2019

Practicing in my backyard with the V1 and 70-300 AF-P.  It is a western cotton tail rabbit, not a hare (grin).

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Sangster Contributing Member • Posts: 986

A few from an ongoing project photographing Alaska cruise ships in Vancouver Harbour. I love seeing them because they signal the arrival of sunny, warm, weather.

A common sight in the harbour

The Queen Elizabeth on its inaugural Alaska cruise season.

Largest ship to visit Vancouver. It had to wait for low tide to clear this bridge safely.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 771

Nice stuff. But I can't imagine ever signing up for one of these elating hotels!

RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 771
Cat at my feet

Trixie enjoys laying at my feet, which are usually not bare as in this shot. I keep the V1 with 18.5 mounted just behind where I'm sitting as I never know what opportunities will materialize.

Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Eventide

Autumn smog

Evening embers

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Re: Eventide

Opps. Sorry one of those wasn’t N1. These are:

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
WizArt New Member • Posts: 13
...from a recent cycling-tour... - June 2019

sleepyinVancouver New Member • Posts: 16

Peonies, up close and personal.  My wife's Peonies are in full bloom and this is an extreme close up of the Stamen.  I love my V2 and 105 Micro combo.

Re: ...from a recent cycling-tour... - June 2019

WizArt, where did you do this cycling tour? How many days? Looks gorgeous.  I can almost hear Julie Andrews singing. 

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more

RichDitch wrote:

Nice stuff. But I can't imagine ever signing up for one of these elating hotels!

Me either. I have only done a very short, small scale cruise in the Kerala backwaters but I can certainly see the appeal of being taken care of 24/7. No need to pack, unpack, cook, wash, or think about entertainment. Never say never.

-- hide signature --

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,164
Heron

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
RedVespa
RedVespa Forum Member • Posts: 71

My white dog looking very yellow ahead of bath hence the b/w. V3 with 70-300 CX

RedVespa's gear list:RedVespa's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +7 more
PTMcH
PTMcH Regular Member • Posts: 305
Savannah River

PTMcH's gear list:PTMcH's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye +13 more
Cubits Regular Member • Posts: 174

I finally picked up some tubes to have a play with macro on the cx lenses, and it works surprisingly well. The recent upgrade to the v2 also helped with the extra on-body controls over my old v1.

Coriander. 18.5mm with 10mm extension. Full frame with just the sides cropped in.

Mint. 30-110 with 26mm extension. I could stand surprisingly far back, would be great for insects.

Waay too short on the aperture! I wanted to see how thin the DOF could go since subject separation is normally an issue with the CX format.

The 18.5mm has to get pretty close to the subject with a 10mm tube, but the 30-110 is actually amazing for distance photography even with the full 26mm stack! Needs a lot of light though.

WizArt New Member • Posts: 13

Hi Sangster, sorry for the long delay to respond. 
These were taken on regular training rides. The first three on one the other two on another. I usually sit on the bike on a daily basis… that's why I like the 1 system so much, it's just ideal for biking and hiking trips.
Btw, the region on the pics is between Aarau and Lucern in Switzerland, where il live.

RedVespa
RedVespa Forum Member • Posts: 71

Park and waterfront

RedVespa's gear list:RedVespa's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +7 more
fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561

I just had to laugh when I saw #3.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 1,537

I don’t know what it is about water, ships and boats, they are a superb photographic subject and hold endless fascination for me, very nice.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

WizArt wrote:

Hi Sangster, sorry for the long delay to respond.
These were taken on regular training rides. The first three on one the other two on another. I usually sit on the bike on a daily basis… that's why I like the 1 system so much, it's just ideal for biking and hiking trips.
Btw, the region on the pics is between Aarau and Lucern in Switzerland, where il live.

Wonderful landscape scenery WizArt. We have big wild mountains here in British Columbia but they lack that human element that connects people with the land. I too take my V1 with two lenses on bike rides frequently. What a great little camera. Everything easily fits into a fanny pack.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads