“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 769
“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”

This Friday Panasonic officially announced the 10-25 f/1.7 with all the details about prices, weight and so on.

A great new lens for our MFT system with an quite unique range and incredible fast for a zoom. DPR got 2 articles out on the front page to give attention to this launch.

Hand on: https://www.dpreview.com/articles/6726234179/hands-on-with-panasonic-s-10-25mm-f1-7-micro-four-thirds-lens

Press release; https://www.dpreview.com/news/2097346933/panasonic-s-versatile-leica-dg-vario-summilux-10-25mm-f1-7-lens-available-in-july

The articles are just fine, also the video that is done. The problem is the reactions under the articles. Some people are going savage about it. The seize, the price, small sensor. And so on.

Obviously DPR isn't going to do anything about it because it generates a huge amount of clicks.

But this negativity is bad for our system we use and would like to continue to use.

What can we (as a group or as individuals) do about it?

Edit; to make it more clear, this topic isn't made to have the discussion in the 2 articles all over again. The clear question is nog bold.

nzmacro
nzmacro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,511
Fear not on the dark side Luke, for I am your father

Not too bad in there.

Just wait until the 150-400 F/4.5 arrives and watch the commotion that goes on  What we see with that lens will be minor in comparison .

Danny.

NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,522
Sweet Nothing

Thorgrem wrote:

This Friday Panasonic officially announced the 10-25 f/1.7 with all the details about prices, weight and so on.

A great new lens for our MFT system with an quite unique range and incredible fast for a zoom. DPR got 2 articles out on the front page to give attention to this launch.

Hand on: https://www.dpreview.com/articles/6726234179/hands-on-with-panasonic-s-10-25mm-f1-7-micro-four-thirds-lens

Press release; https://www.dpreview.com/news/2097346933/panasonic-s-versatile-leica-dg-vario-summilux-10-25mm-f1-7-lens-available-in-july

The articles are just fine, also the video that is done. The problem is the reactions under the articles. Some people are going savage about it. The seize, the price, small sensor. And so on.

Obviously DPR isn't going to do anything about it because it generates a huge amount of clicks.

But this negativity is bad for our system we use and would like to continue to use.

Edit; to make it more clear, this topic isn't made to have the discussion in the 2 articles all over again. The clear question is nog bold.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why should we do anything about it? It is not our problem.

I waste too much time worrying about my clients. Why should I weep and cry over the nasty things people say about sombody else's product.

Just buy the flipping camera equipment that suits you best and enjoy using it. Worry about taking great pictures.

Who really takes any notice of the pathetic "fans" of any particular brand? Yes the M43 fans are just as pathetic as the Sony, Canon and Nikon fans. Brand fans are pathetic creatures, full stop.

I had no problem about buying some Nikon gear to fill in some holes where my M43 did not cut it. I now have a more powerful set of gear to make photographs.

I will be keeping my M43 gear because it does things my FF gear does not do well.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M5
ahaslett
ahaslett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,504
Peace

Just let it wash over you.  There are always going to be negative reactions, including from the chap who can't do the maths on light gathering.

It's an unusual and useful zoom, neatly positioned.  How well it can hold its price will depend on IQ.

There is nothing we can do about human nature.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R +27 more
Brandon birder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,381
Re: Fear?

Well it is a big lens.

Having just added Olympus m4/3 to my mainly  Nikon gear, I love the small cameras and lenses along with the image quality. So big lenses are not for me on my EM10ii.

Maybe this lens is why Panasonic made the G9 large for m4/3.

OP (unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 769
Re: Peace

Just let it wash over you.

If it where a few reactions, sure. But it's nog a huge portion of the reactions. My primary reaction is retaliation in coming FF front page articles. As DPR doesn't give a sh*t about all this negativity on the front page with MFT articles, they sure don't mind that the front page becomes such a nasty toxic place in all the articles that people avoid it altogether.

I've found a nice new forum but not yet a substitute for the DPR front page.

Keit ll Veteran Member • Posts: 4,520
Re: Peace

Those who think that the lens is too big should consider the Olympus 9-18mm

Happy Daze Regular Member • Posts: 316
Counterproductive

The more you respond with posts like this the more negativity you encourage.

The sooner these people realise that their antagonism is falling upon deaf ears the sooner it will stop.

Re: Counterproductive

Happy Daze wrote:

The sooner these people realise that their antagonism is falling upon deaf ears the sooner it will stop.

That's also a valid answer. Your suggestion to just ignore it can be done if we take it as a group effort.

Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 7,576

Thorgrem wrote:

Happy Daze wrote:

That's also a valid answer. Your suggestion to just ignore it can be done if we take it as a group effort.

You seem to be taking it far too seriously. Ask yourself how this impacts on your life? It shouldn't do so. Not at all.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a7 III Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +23 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 24,816
Re: Fear not on the dark side Luke, for I am your father

nzmacro wrote:

Not too bad in there.

Just wait until the 150-400 F/4.5 arrives and watch the commotion that goes on What we see with that lens will be minor in comparison .

Danny.

i own a Nikon 1.....man that system got a verbal kicking over the years lol, end of the day it's just a camera and money can buy something else less controversial...but without the 2.7x crop

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D2Xs Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Happy Daze wrote:

You seem to be taking it far too seriously. Ask yourself how this impacts on your life? It shouldn't do so. Not at all.

On my life; none. But think about. What we, as a group of MFT users, want is MFT to be successful. We want new lenses and body's from time to time. With all this negativity from 35mm users the change of new blood becomes smaller. This process of negativity is proven in the marketing world.

Another thing is that all this negativity is bad for the entire photography world. As a young person who is looking to upgrade his smartphone camera to a real camera and sees all these negativity and nagging under a review of a body, he/she will think twice about it to start with the hobby.

This place should be the number 1 spot to get information as a new camera owner of someone who is interested in the hobby. Instead it's so toxic that I would never mentioned it to any one interested in photography.

cerich
cerich Contributing Member • Posts: 508
Re: “Fear is the path to the dark side

Not gonna do a thing, I do think you need counseling. You want us to rally around to “do” something to people for exercising their free speech because it annoys you and may hurt your camera systems choice sales. You lack perspective imho

cerich's gear list:cerich's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus Air +34 more
Re: “Fear is the path to the dark side

cerich wrote:

Not gonna do a thing, I do think you need counseling. You want us to rally around to “do” something to people for exercising their free speech because it annoys you and may hurt your camera systems choice sales. You lack perspective imho

Lol, I just wanted other opinions on the matter. Thanks for your input.

TN Args
TN Args Veteran Member • Posts: 8,518
Re: “Fear is the path to the dark side…etc

Thorgrem wrote:

Firstly, the lead articles are pretty positive, and that makes heckling from the audience look pretty stupid.

Secondly, I'm not sure it is "bad for our system", if we believe the sayings about all news being good for business. And those sayings do seem to be backed by evidence, on the whole.

The front page comments? Not a lot can be done. You can't use the Complain button because someone said a certain product is a joke. Once they start attacking one another you can Complain, but... good luck.

As for inside this forum, the best chance is to find a moderator who wants to help m43 enthusiasts to make a positive community in here; a moderator who wants to listen and help, who would say to us, "tell me what you want and I will try to make it happen". But building a positive community requires a pretty low bar for cutting off negativity, that the 'freedom-of-speech' brigade would wrongly assume is some form of censorship and complain bitterly. It would be a big effort, and in general, our hard-working mods just don't have enough time.

cheers

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more

Thorgrem wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Happy Daze wrote:

On my life; none. But think about. What we, as a group of MFT users, want is MFT to be successful. We want new lenses and body's from time to time. With all this negativity from 35mm users the change of new blood becomes smaller. This process of negativity is proven in the marketing world.

Another thing is that all this negativity is bad for the entire photography world. As a young person who is looking to upgrade his smartphone camera to a real camera and sees all these negativity and nagging under a review of a body, he/she will think twice about it to start with the hobby.

This place should be the number 1 spot to get information as a new camera owner of someone who is interested in the hobby. Instead it's so toxic that I would never mentioned it to any one interested in photography.

As I thought.

Why care about such trivial issues that to not effect you in the slightest? Why care about a camera system, unless you are a company shareholder.  If you do not like the contents of a comments section or indeed in some forum posts, spare yourself the angst and just avoid reading them. It's an 'attitude thing'. You either let it wash over you, or you ignore it, or it upsets you. Its entirely up to you which route you take and it is entirely out of your hands what is posted by others. This is what is called 'life'. Live it and be happy.

Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a7 III Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +23 more

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Happy Daze wrote:

As I thought.

Why care about such trivial issues that to not effect you in the slightest?

Already answered that one.

Thorgrem wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Happy Daze wrote:

As I thought.

Why care about such trivial issues that to not effect you in the slightest?

Already answered that one.

Let's hope you cope better when something properly serious crops up that does.

Okapi001 Senior Member • Posts: 4,944
Re: Sweet Nothing

NCV wrote:

Brand fans are pathetic creatures, full stop.

The only pathetic thing here is your patronizing attitude.

Okapi001's gear list:Okapi001's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +16 more
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,522
Re: Sweet Nothing

Okapi001 wrote:

NCV wrote:

Brand fans are pathetic creatures, full stop.

The only pathetic thing here is your patronizing attitude.

Nothing hurts like the truth it would seem.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads