First crack at shooting event with new Z6 and z 50mm 1.8 s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
N_Face
N_Face New Member • Posts: 7
First crack at shooting event with new Z6 and z 50mm 1.8 s

So received my Z6 and Nikkor Z 50mm 1.8 s last weekend and had a chance to use it at the weekend. Loved it. Was a bit worried as I shoot with D5 and D850. Had not problem whatsoever with captioning the action with Z6 and able to focus across the frame was great help with framing the shots. So D850 is going and Z6 is definitely a keeper at least for me. Btw Face and eye detection worked wonders for me while shooting action 🙌

Mo

N_Face's gear list:N_Face's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +2 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
NexLupus Contributing Member • Posts: 500
Re: First crack at shooting event with new Z6 and z 50mm 1.8 s

Congrats!!!

You will really enjoy the Z6, the low light focusing is now amazing with the recent firmware upgrade. This will really come in handy when you shoot events at some of the darker Crossfit Boxes.

BTW, where was this event?

NexLupus's gear list:NexLupus's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8
fpessolano
fpessolano Veteran Member • Posts: 3,155

Very nice, I am debating if Z7 or Z6 (I have a recalled Z7 already).

Your shots make a case for a z6 very clear!

fpessolano's gear list:fpessolano's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 +1 more
AminF Regular Member • Posts: 372

Those shots are superb and the quality is just stunning. Another lens I need to add to my wish list - I think I'll have to sell some older gear to pay for the 50mm.

Amazon have it at a pretty good price at the moment - in fact I'm going to order it right now

N_Face wrote:

So received my Z6 and Nikkor Z 50mm 1.8 s last weekend and had a chance to use it at the weekend. Loved it. Was a bit worried as I shoot with D5 and D850. Had not problem whatsoever with captioning the action with Z6 and able to focus across the frame was great help with framing the shots. So D850 is going and Z6 is definitely a keeper at least for me. Btw Face and eye detection worked wonders for me while shooting action 🙌

Mo

AminF's gear list:AminF's gear list
Sony RX100 III Panasonic LX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Nikon D750 +25 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads