Livestream with Panasonic Cameras (Clean HDMI Output)

Started May 24, 2019 | Discussions
johndo New Member • Posts: 10
Livestream with Panasonic Cameras (Clean HDMI Output)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a list of Panasonic cameras that offer clean hdmi output and unlimited runtime for FullHD livestreaming.

I am NOT looking for cameras that can record in-camera while streaming, just cameras that offer clean feed from the HDMI port.

I have succesfully tested the GH2 and G7 cameras. They are capable of hadling a 12h+ stream with no problems, using a dummy battery.

Also tested the Lumix LX100: it offers HDMI output only on playback mode, no live feed.

Elgato has an awesome list of cameras fit for livestream here https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link/camera-check, but I am wondering about other cameras:

Panasonic GX80/GX85 ?

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 ?

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82  ?

Thanks!!

3dwag
3dwag Veteran Member • Posts: 4,509
Re: Livestream with Panasonic Cameras (Clean HDMI Output)

johndo wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a list of Panasonic cameras that offer clean hdmi output and unlimited runtime for FullHD livestreaming.

I am NOT looking for cameras that can record in-camera while streaming, just cameras that offer clean feed from the HDMI port.

I have succesfully tested the GH2 and G7 cameras. They are capable of hadling a 12h+ stream with no problems, using a dummy battery.

Also tested the Lumix LX100: it offers HDMI output only on playback mode, no live feed.

Elgato has an awesome list of cameras fit for livestream here https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link/camera-check, but I am wondering about other cameras:

Panasonic GX80/GX85 ?

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 ?

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 ?

Thanks!!

FWIW, the Elgato website list the following Panasonic μ4/3 cameras as working:

Lumix DC-GH5

Lumix DMC-G7

Lumix DMC-GH4

Lumix DMC-GX8

Lumix DMC-GX80

(you asked about the GX80).

Sorry, I don’t know anything else about this.  You might ask in the digital video forum, or in the Panasonic compact cameras forum.

-- hide signature --

-Dennis W.
Austin, Texas
¯\_|’_’|_/¯
http://www.pbase.com/3dwag/image/97156660.jpg

3dwag's gear list:3dwag's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III +22 more
OP johndo New Member • Posts: 10

3dwag wrote:

johndo wrote:

Hello everyone,

Panasonic GX80/GX85 ?

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 ?

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 ?

Thanks!!

Lumix DC-GH5

Lumix DMC-G7

Lumix DMC-GH4

Lumix DMC-GX8

Lumix DMC-GX80

Thanks for the reply!

On the GX80 it says "1080p resolution at 50fps if 'FHD 50p' is selected in the recording option menu." Does this mean that 50p is the only framerate available on hdmi output?

On the G7, HDMI output is determined by the recording option on the camera. For example, if you need an interlaced signal, you will choose AVCHD format, which gives you 1080 60i.

3dwag
3dwag Veteran Member • Posts: 4,509

johndo wrote:

3dwag wrote:

johndo wrote:

Hello everyone,

Panasonic GX80/GX85 ?

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 ?

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 ?

Thanks!!

Lumix DC-GH5

Lumix DMC-G7

Lumix DMC-GH4

Lumix DMC-GX8

Lumix DMC-GX80

Thanks for the reply!

On the GX80 it says "1080p resolution at 50fps if 'FHD 50p' is selected in the recording option menu." Does this mean that 50p is the only framerate available on hdmi output?

I apologize, I don’t know.  Don’t have the GX80/ 85, just pointing out what you may have missed in your Elgato link.

On the G7, HDMI output is determined by the recording option on the camera. For example, if you need an interlaced signal, you will choose AVCHD format, which gives you 1080 60i.

Hopefully, someone else in this forum may be able to help.

Also, you might try asking about this in the Pansonic compact cameras or digital video forums, perhaps someone there (who does not read here regularly) could be of help.

-- hide signature --

-Dennis W.
Austin, Texas
¯\_|’_’|_/¯
http://www.pbase.com/3dwag/image/97156660.jpg

3dwag's gear list:3dwag's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III +22 more
JakeJY Veteran Member • Posts: 5,202

johndo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

On the GX85 it defaults to whatever record setting you are using (it can even output 4K but you need to have a 4K capable TV and a good cable), however, if the device you are connecting it to reports it does not support the resolution, the camera will automatically downconvert.

You can also force it to use a certain resolution under [TV Connection].

See page 293 in advanced manual for details and limitations.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-gx85_en_adv_om.pdf

I should note however on the GX85 (for USA) it only supports 24/30/60 recording. It does not support 25 or 50 fps. I haven't tried a PAL TV or interlaced signals. A GX80 will have different options. You would need to consult the advanced manual for your specific region for the options.

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
DejayRezme Regular Member • Posts: 134

I'm curious about this too. I saw a video that you can do it with the G7 and the G85 provides easier clean hdmi output while also recording (8 bit 4:2:2 output)

The also recording part is interesting to me. I'd like to get into microscopy with a 4k monitor in the future.

Can the Panasonic GX850 / GX800, GX85 and GX9 do it too?

A list of the hdmi out capabilities of various cameras would be great.

JakeJY wrote:

johndo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

On the GX85 it defaults to whatever record setting you are using (it can even output 4K but you need to have a 4K capable TV and a good cable), however, if the device you are connecting it to reports it does not support the resolution, the camera will automatically downconvert.

You can also force it to use a certain resolution under [TV Connection].

See page 293 in advanced manual for details and limitations.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-gx85_en_adv_om.pdf

Thank you JakeJY, this is really helpful! So the GX85 output is determined by the recording option, just like de G7 and just like some of Canon's cameras, like the 5D Mark III(tested by me).

I should note however on the GX85 (for USA) it only supports 24/30/60 recording. It does not support 25 or 50 fps. I haven't tried a PAL TV or interlaced signals. A GX80 will have different options. You would need to consult the advanced manual for your specific region for the options.

There is a PAL/NTSC selection method for these cameras, but I dont recommend it.

I have switched a G7 to NTSC mode and was not able to revert to PAL, so be careful with that.

DejayRezme wrote:

I'm curious about this too. I saw a video that you can do it with the G7 and the G85 provides easier clean hdmi output while also recording (8 bit 4:2:2 output)

The also recording part is interesting to me. I'd like to get into microscopy with a 4k monitor in the future.

Can the Panasonic GX850 / GX800, GX85 and GX9 do it too?

A list of the hdmi out capabilities of various cameras would be great.

They do record 4:2:2 on an external recorder/video assist. All Panasonic mirrorless cameras in that price range can output 4:2:2 clean hdmi signal. Many field monitors like the FeeelWorld T7 feature a HDMI in and a HDMI out port, which you can use to connect to recorders, convertors or ATEM's.

CAMERA to FIELD MONITOR to BM VIDEO ASSIST to ATEM SWITCHER using the HDMI port, with no quality loss.

pannumon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,675

johndo wrote:

JakeJY wrote:

There is a PAL/NTSC selection method for these cameras, but I dont recommend it.

I have switched a G7 to NTSC mode and was not able to revert to PAL, so be careful with that.

Do you mean the 30/60fps NTSC modes selected when in service mode? I had trouble getting my G7 back to PAL, but I was able to do it when I tried another time . Maybe there are bad instructions circulating, or maybe it is just easy to misunderstand the procedure. Good luck if you still have the camera!

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +21 more

pannumon wrote:

johndo wrote:

JakeJY wrote:

Do you mean the 30/60fps NTSC modes selected when in service mode? I had trouble getting my G7 back to PAL, but I was able to do it when I tried another time . Maybe there are bad instructions circulating, or maybe it is just easy to misunderstand the procedure. Good luck if you still have the camera!

If I remember correctly, some of the buttons are slightly different among the different models, and if you do not follow the instructions to the dot, it's easy to get it wrong.

Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
stresscookie New Member • Posts: 1

johndo wrote:

Hello everyone,

Panasonic GX80/GX85 ?

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 ?

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 ?

Thanks!!

Panasonic FZ300/FZ330 is a yes. I have one. Been trying to figure this out for a while.

"There’s also a menu option that allows you to turn off the info display to allow the output of a ‘clean’ signal via the HDMI port."
https://www.cameralabs.com/panasonic-lumix-fz330-fz300-review/

Jan Capek New Member • Posts: 2

Compact TZ100 with 1"inch sensor can also provide clean HDMI output.

I only wish I figure out how to force camera to do continuous AF without recording to memory card.

jobjob
jobjob Regular Member • Posts: 224

I found no easy and clear tutorial for getting 4K video out of my Panasonic GX80 / GX85 to record this in HQ. So I connected an Atomos Field Recorder with the GX80 HDMI and made this workaround.

https://mind.work/2020/03/28/4k-hdmi-out-of-the-panasonic-gx80-gx85/

andrewfletcher86 New Member • Posts: 3

The GX800 doesnt work when linking a field monitor in live view. Only in playback. I found out the hard way

andrewfletcher86 wrote:

The GX800 doesnt work when linking a field monitor in live view. Only in playback. I found out the hard way

GX800 apparently doesn't (although some websites said it did, so it's kind of confusing).  The GX80 definitely does however.

chip12930 New Member • Posts: 1

I've discovered  you can live stream with the Panasonic DMC FZ2500 but have failed to find a way with the Panasonic LX100

OrtilanoPhotography New Member • Posts: 1

I would like to know, if anyone has tried using Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80 for live streaming. I can't seem to find out how. Only playbacks can be displayed.

pannumon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,675

OrtilanoPhotography wrote:

I would like to know, if anyone has tried using Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80 for live streaming. I can't seem to find out how. Only playbacks can be displayed.

Many (especially older) Panasonic models allow HDMI output only in playback mode. If you are able to view that but not live view, then I guess you are out of luck.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +21 more
menu202 New Member • Posts: 5

Panasonic Cameras with Clean HDMI Output

Lumix GH2 (only when recording)
Lumix GH3

G7
FZ300
FZ330
HC-V770
Lumix BGH1
Lumix DMC-GH4
DMC-GX80
Lumix G100
Lumix G85
Lumix G9
Lumix G95
Lumix GH5
Lumix GX8
Lumix GX9
Lumix S1
Lumix S1H
Lumix S1R
Lumix S5
V180
V800
VX1
VXF1
W585
WXF1
X1500/X2000
FZ1000

No clean HDMI out:

GX7
GF1

Lcna New Member • Posts: 2

Yo estoy intentando utilizar una Lumix fz-82 para hacer partidos en streaming y me es imposible conectar la cámara , OBS no loa reconoce , con tarjeta capturadora.

Hay alguna solución?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads