Grrrrrr....Nikon Coolpix 610 LCD screen keeps going off?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Pato63 New Member • Posts: 3
Grrrrrr....Nikon Coolpix 610 LCD screen keeps going off?

I have  had my Bridge camera - Nikon Coolpix 610 for nearly 2 years now and have taken on numerous holidays as a travel camera rather than lugging my DSLR Nikon D600 with all associated lenses me.

Recently for some unknown reason, the LCD screen now only stays on for a few seconds then goes completely blank. Even when I try to review the photos taken it just will not come on. Sometimes when I turn the camera off and then on, the screen will stay of for a minute or so, then will go out again.

Extremely frustrating and am not sure if the LCD screen has simply packed it in, the battery is not charging full enough which makes the screen die or one of those camera 'gremlin's have invaded the camera.

I am at a lost end and would appreciate any advice or suggestions?

Grrrrrr..

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,283
Re: Grrrrrr....Nikon Coolpix 610 LCD screen keeps going off?

Pato63 wrote:

I have had my Bridge camera - Nikon Coolpix 610 for nearly 2 years now and have taken on numerous holidays as a travel camera rather than lugging my DSLR Nikon D600 with all associated lenses me.

Recently for some unknown reason, the LCD screen now only stays on for a few seconds then goes completely blank. Even when I try to review the photos taken it just will not come on. Sometimes when I turn the camera off and then on, the screen will stay of for a minute or so, then will go out again.

Extremely frustrating and am not sure if the LCD screen has simply packed it in, the battery is not charging full enough which makes the screen die or one of those camera 'gremlin's have invaded the camera.

I am at a lost end and would appreciate any advice or suggestions?

Grrrrrr..

..Sorry to hear about this problem..

..I've read previously the "eye sensor" (see below picture, diagram #7 item), can become dirty and needs careful & gentle cleaning..

..for me, I bypass the use of the "eye sensor" (evf auto toggle), by turning it "off" (see the below picture)..

..and after turning the "eye sensor" (evf auto toggle) to "off", then I just press the "monitor button" (see below picture, diagram #8 item), to manually switch from the evf to lcd for my viewings..

..I do this for all my cameras that has these "eye sensors", as I just prefer switching the views manually..

..hope this will help you in resolving this issue..

..screen capture from the P610 pdf manual..

..thanks for sharing & happy shooting..

..Cheers..

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX70
OP Pato63 New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Grrrrrr....Nikon Coolpix 610 LCD screen keeps going off?

Ishen.

Thanks for this advice.

I am away with work and do not have the camera with me but will be home next week and will try this and give some feedback if it does work.

Thanks again!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads