Ricoh GR II
Olifaunt Contributing Member • Posts: 757
Re: Blow

This is right up my alley, I love it.

OP angrytoe Forum Member • Posts: 73

Olifaunt wrote:

This is right up my alley, I love it.

I'm glad - it was a fun, impromptu thing to do - half the fun of photography and GR cameras I think!

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

angrytoe's gear list:angrytoe's gear list
Ricoh GR II
jlinear Regular Member • Posts: 187

Wish I had thought of that.

Ricoh GR

kitsap2
kitsap2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,304

A most excellent short series if I ever did see one!  Well done!

kitsap2's gear list:kitsap2's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +3 more

kitsap2 wrote:

A most excellent short series if I ever did see one! Well done!

Many thanks! 🙏

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

Ricoh GR II

jlinear wrote:

Wish I had thought of that.

Ricoh GR

I like that your dandelion looks particularly metallic.

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

Ricoh GR II
Loga Senior Member • Posts: 1,806

This is awesome, congratulations! Love the ending scene, adds darkness and weight to the whole series, and grabs my heart.

Loga's gear list:Loga's gear list
Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more

Loga wrote:

This is awesome, congratulations! Love the ending scene, adds darkness and weight to the whole series, and grabs my heart.

Thank you.

I echo your sentiments towards an image on your web-site, the final one in your nature photos gallery - the girl stood by the water's edge, with the tree reaching down to the water - really great!

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

Ricoh GR II

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

Thank you.

I echo your sentiments towards an image on your web-site, the final one in your nature photos gallery - the girl stood by the water's edge, with the tree reaching down to the water - really great!

Thank you very much!

Do you have similar series like your OP, or a website?

Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more

Loga wrote:

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you very much!

I keep a tumblr photo diary at https://davidsidley.tumblr.com 🙂

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

Ricoh GR II

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you very much!

God, how beautiful and inspiring! Thank you. Saved to my 'favorite photographers'.

I love your style and your eye to photography. I noticed that you use flash often. Did you use it to this series above? (I guess not, because it would have not recharged fast enough - or multiple flowers were used in multiple runs? )

Loga wrote:

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

angrytoe wrote:

Loga wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you very much!

God, how beautiful and inspiring! Thank you. Saved to my 'favorite photographers'.

I love your style and your eye to photography. I noticed that you use flash often. Did you use it to this series above? (I guess not, because it would have not recharged fast enough - or multiple flowers were used in multiple runs? )

Really kind - genuine thank you.

You're spot on in guessing that actually multiple flowers were used for the series. 6 or 7. Flash was used to freeze the movement of the seeds, and also to highlight them and the flower against the massively underexposed daylight-lit woodland in the background.

-- hide signature --

David Sidley

Ricoh GR II
nibbles00 New Member • Posts: 10

Great pics, were you using the on camera flash or an external one?

Also - I like your processing, also on your tumblr, would you mind sharing what you do please?

nibbles00 wrote:

Great pics, were you using the on camera flash or an external one?

Also - I like your processing, also on your tumblr, would you mind sharing what you do please?

Hi there, thanks!

Flash was onboard - benefit of the GRII I guess!

In terms of processing, I just use Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop, and have made a profile that I've adjusted over a couple of years. Often a good amount of dodging and burning too. And I think I follow the ethos of 'sliders should either be at 0 or 100'.

-- hide signature --
Ricoh GR II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads