Would Omd Em5 iii get a lens bundle?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
AlmostDoctor New Member • Posts: 15
Would Omd Em5 iii get a lens bundle?

If so, what you think the lens options/prices will be?

I'm interested in getting a pro-grade lens before my next travel, but I would wait if there's a good possibility of em5 iii bundle deal. What kind of deals does Olympus provide upon release?

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tommi K1 Senior Member • Posts: 6,827
Re: Would Omd Em5 iii get a lens bundle?

AlmostDoctor wrote:

I'm interested in getting a pro-grade lens before my next travel, but I would wait if there's a good possibility of em5 iii bundle deal. What kind of deals does Olympus provide upon release?

12-40 PRO

14-42 EZ

17 PRO

25 PRO

45 PRO

Prices 2100-2500€

bluevellet Senior Member • Posts: 2,942

Em5ii had the 14-150 bundle...

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Nikon D600 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon 85mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +16 more
PistonPhotoUK
PistonPhotoUK Regular Member • Posts: 166

I would expect it to come with a 12-200 bundle as the standard-ish kit, and maybe a 14-40 & 40-150 dual pro kit.

As for pricing, difficult to say without knowing the body cost, but (from my math) you get about 50% off the body price when you total up the lens prices of a kit.

PistonPhotoUK's gear list:PistonPhotoUK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +1 more
OP AlmostDoctor New Member • Posts: 15

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

I would expect it to come with a 12-200 bundle as the standard-ish kit, and maybe a 14-40 & 40-150 dual pro kit.

As for pricing, difficult to say without knowing the body cost, but (from my math) you get about 50% off the body price when you total up the lens prices of a kit.

If body-only goes for like 1200 (not too crazy considering the competition, a6400, xt30, G9, GH5 etc.), maybe I can hope for 1600 USD-ish with 12-40 PRO? I guess that might be too optimistic. Anything more might be hard to justify considering I'm just a hobbyist and married. Hmmm.......

I would much rather have a pro-zoom or a good primes than consumer zooms. Hopefully there will be other options besides 12-200 (which I agree is a likely for a bundle)

mchnz Senior Member • Posts: 1,117

AlmostDoctor wrote:

I would assume so, the E-M5 and E-M5 II did.  The E-M1 II  stayed as a body only offer for a heck of a long time (at least in my home market).  I hope the E-M5 III reverts to bundling from day one.  Maybe it depends on how well Olympus expects them to sell, or the rate at which they can make them.

dinoSnake Veteran Member • Posts: 3,156

AlmostDoctor wrote:

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

If body-only goes for like 1200 (not too crazy considering the competition, a6400, xt30, G9, GH5 etc.), maybe I can hope for 1600 USD-ish with 12-40 PRO? I guess that might be too optimistic. Anything more might be hard to justify considering I'm just a hobbyist and married. Hmmm.......

I would much rather have a pro-zoom or a good primes than consumer zooms. Hopefully there will be other options besides 12-200 (which I agree is a likely for a bundle)

The idealized EM5.3 is DOA considering the quoted price range and the competition that already occupies that segment.  It's time to move on, guys.

gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,782

dinoSnake wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

The idealized EM5.3 is DOA considering the quoted price range and the competition that already occupies that segment. It's time to move on, guys.

I ‘ve not seen a “quoted” price range but am definitely interested in the E-M5 III. Could you provide more specifics on this pricing?

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +8 more
OM User
OM User Regular Member • Posts: 300

I'm rather hoping for EM5.3 + 12-200mm bundle. Price? Anyon'es guess at the moment.

OM User's gear list:OM User's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +10 more
Erick L Senior Member • Posts: 1,251

Hope it comes with a Panny 12-60/3.5-5.6 for 100$ more.

-- hide signature --

Erick - www.borealphoto.com

LackingCommonSensor
LackingCommonSensor Regular Member • Posts: 384

AlmostDoctor wrote:

If you want a deal you'll need to almost patient, waiting for the discounting down the road from its release.

-- hide signature --

Joe

dinoSnake Veteran Member • Posts: 3,156

gary0319 wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

The idealized EM5.3 is DOA considering the quoted price range and the competition that already occupies that segment. It's time to move on, guys.

I ‘ve not seen a “quoted” price range but am definitely interested in the E-M5 III. Could you provide more specifics on this pricing?

Well, the "quoted" or commonly-discussed price range is the price range that the EM5 series has occupied since its inception: $999 body only for the original EM5, $1099 body only for the EM5 Mk II.

The problem is that time has moved on, the competition has moved on, but the. EM5 can't. Olympus has a history of keeping prices at MSRP / RRP as long as they can, meaning that a new EM5.3, if and when it ever shows up, will be at a logical minimum $1099 price.

The issue is that I just bought a G9 for $1199, a camera that will beat any proposed EM5.3 like a gong for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus still have enough for a call for dessert: the G9 is designed to go against the EM1, the EM5's big brother. And we won't even discuss the new competition from both Sony and Fuji.

So unless the EM5.3 can become as advanced and as capable as the EM1, at a lower price, a proposed EM5.3, as it needs to slot into Olympus' product lineup, is almost completely DOA. The best a proposed EM5.3 can do is be designed to price, and compete, against the G95, which at a RRP of £899 / $899 (because the history is equivalent pricing, exchange-compensated pricing), is a step *down* in pricing from where it currently occupies.

Therefore, in order to be both successfully priced and not a business loss, a proposed EM5.3 must be *stripped* of some level of features to lose £200 of RRP, but technology markets won't hear of a new product, replacing a market leader, with less features or build quality.

So, by waiting too long to introduce a model, Olympus has painted the EM5 series into a corner. At its current design feature level it is now too expensive compared to the competition; reducing its price almost assuredly means reducing its feature set, which will NEVER go over well with the market; increasing its feature set to compete with the market teir competition means stepping on the toes of its more expensive big brother, and only hoping to compete in performance against its rivals.

LoneTree1 Contributing Member • Posts: 594

No 12-60mm f3.5-5.6 mid-level zoom like Panasonic, just low-end or high end. I'd create my own kit with the E-M5III and a used 12-40.

gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,782

dinoSnake wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

Well, the "quoted" or commonly-discussed price range is the price range that the EM5 series has occupied since its inception: $999 body only for the original EM5, $1099 body only for the EM5 Mk II.

The problem is that time has moved on, the competition has moved on, but the. EM5 can't. Olympus has a history of keeping prices at MSRP / RRP as long as they can, meaning that a new EM5.3, if and when it ever shows up, will be at a logical minimum $1099 price.

The issue is that I just bought a G9 for $1199, a camera that will beat any proposed EM5.3 like a gong for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus still have enough for a call for dessert: the G9 is designed to go against the EM1, the EM5's big brother. And we won't even discuss the new competition from both Sony and Fuji.

So unless the EM5.3 can become as advanced and as capable as the EM1, at a lower price, a proposed EM5.3, as it needs to slot into Olympus' product lineup, is almost completely DOA. The best a proposed EM5.3 can do is be designed to price, and compete, against the G95, which at a RRP of £899 / $899 (because the history is equivalent pricing, exchange-compensated pricing), is a step *down* in pricing from where it currently occupies.

Therefore, in order to be both successfully priced and not a business loss, a proposed EM5.3 must be *stripped* of some level of features to lose £200 of RRP, but technology markets won't hear of a new product, replacing a market leader, with less features or build quality.

So, by waiting too long to introduce a model, Olympus has painted the EM5 series into a corner. At its current design feature level it is now too expensive compared to the competition; reducing its price almost assuredly means reducing its feature set, which will NEVER go over well with the market; increasing its feature set to compete with the market teir competition means stepping on the toes of its more expensive big brother, and only hoping to compete in performance against its rivals.

All I needed was the first sentence...., but thanks.

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +8 more
btwango Regular Member • Posts: 427

Conjecture

Noun

The formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

PistonPhotoUK
PistonPhotoUK Regular Member • Posts: 166

dinoSnake wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

dinoSnake wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

PistonPhotoUK wrote:

The problem is that time has moved on, the competition has moved on, but the. EM5 can't. Olympus has a history of keeping prices at MSRP / RRP as long as they can, meaning that a new EM5.3, if and when it ever shows up, will be at a logical minimum $1099 price....

I have no issue paying more for an Olympus camera that is comparable to a Panasonic one. Say it follows the trend of slight price increases due to inflation, development and competition, I would be happy to pay £1199.

The reason: Olympus materials feel nicer and look better. I bet there are a few who were initially drawn to Olympus by the handsome looks, and stuck around for the great feel in the hand. Panasonic cameras have always felt too plastic for my taste.

No doubt there will be various trade in incentives and cash back offers at release to effectively bring the price down. Buying the body only has always been the less cost effective way to do so, with a kit being better value as you can sell the lens on to recoup... Generally...

PistonPhotoUK's gear list:PistonPhotoUK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads