Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
basleigh Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Let me correct that....my camera store in France. Your referenced website for  all of Europe.

basleigh's gear list:basleigh's gear list
Sony a7 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Christian Scarlet Regular Member • Posts: 162

KariP wrote:

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

That was what i was checking - it is not available online or in any form around here. I'm not really in a very urgent need of a new camera. I just wanted to check if they had the same good price - but X-H1 is not available at all ...

It has happened sometimes before when a new model is coming that they sell the last cameras as an offer . This is a small country and they can not have thousands of cameras in some warehouse - in big USA the big stocks last much longer.

I have enough cameras at the moment or i can consider X-T3. I can just wait and see. I just wanted to hear if it is global...

You realize nobody knows where ‘around here’ is?

Desperadude Regular Member • Posts: 121

Christian Scarlet wrote:

KariP wrote:

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

That was what i was checking - it is not available online or in any form around here. I'm not really in a very urgent need of a new camera. I just wanted to check if they had the same good price - but X-H1 is not available at all ...

It has happened sometimes before when a new model is coming that they sell the last cameras as an offer . This is a small country and they can not have thousands of cameras in some warehouse - in big USA the big stocks last much longer.

I have enough cameras at the moment or i can consider X-T3. I can just wait and see. I just wanted to hear if it is global...

You realize nobody knows where ‘around here’ is?

We can rule the following places out : Africa, Cuba, Mongolia, North Korea.

They never been on forums...

On a more serious note, I’m more interested to see overstock of X-T2 being dumped

baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 13,292

Not really, digit photo, miss numérique digixo are in France ... same Fnac, rakuten fr

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
9VIII Regular Member • Posts: 450

From what I heard the X-H1 is discontinued due to poor sales and is currently sold at clearance pricing.

9VIII's gear list:9VIII's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +5 more
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,363

9VIII wrote:

From what I heard

Great source, not.

robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
Christian Scarlet Regular Member • Posts: 162

9VIII wrote:

From what I heard the X-H1 is discontinued due to poor sales and is currently sold at clearance pricing.

At a dinner party? Back alley secret meeting with an undercover Fuji representative?

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-h1-marked-as-discontinued-but-no-fujifilm-x-h2-on-the-horizon/

The X-H1 body on its own has been discontinued.

Everything points to Fuji just trying to liquidate stock right now. It’s highly doubtful that Fuji will ever actually manufacture another X-H1.

Canon EOS 1100D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +5 more
SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Regular Member • Posts: 162

9VIII wrote:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-h1-marked-as-discontinued-but-no-fujifilm-x-h2-on-the-horizon/

Everything points to Fuji just trying to liquidate stock right now. It’s highly doubtful that Fuji will ever actually manufacture another X-H1.

If it's true that there will be no successor to the X-H1, it somewhat gives me hope the X-T4 will have IBIS. I still think an X-H2 is more likely than not. Of course it's pure speculation on anybody's part.

SpeedyNeo's gear list:SpeedyNeo's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
Threaded Senior Member • Posts: 2,536

I think IBIS may come to the X-Pro3 next, which would pave the way for it in an XT4. In interviews Fuji have made it clear that they want to make their IBIS system smaller and put it in more cameras, without obviously committing to any timescale for that.

Whether that would then leave room in the lineup for an XH2 is questionable. Various people here insist the XH line is not just about IBIS and the bigger grip and stronger build are what the “pros” are looking for in a Fuji, but the harsh fact is not enough pros were attracted to the XH1 to pay the pro price at release, which is why it’s been on fire sale prices for months now. It seems to me the people snapping it up now are the same enthusiasts who would otherwise be buying an XT3 or 4 if the model didn’t exist, not the wider pro market Fuji were aiming for.

A lot of people blame it all on the slightly dated “specs” of the XH1 at release, but again - specs are generally something that enthusiasts on sites like these worry about, rather than the pro market. Unless the XH2 comes with a whole new sensor etc (likely years away) it’s still going to have the same problem now anyway.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR

SpeedyNeo wrote:

9VIII wrote:

If it's true that there will be no successor to the X-H1, it somewhat gives me hope the X-T4 will have IBIS. I still think an X-H2 is more likely than not. Of course it's pure speculation on anybody's part.

What I’m saying is that the X-H1 manufacturing lines will most likely never be used again, they’ve probably manufactured enough X-H1 bodies for the entire lifecycle of the product. I’d expect an X-H2 around 2021 as most of us do, maybe 2020 if Fuji has specific plans for a new sporting body at the Tokyo Olympics, which would be worth breaking trends for and using a unique development schedule.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads