Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,106
Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

I did not go shopping really, but i had X-H1 in mind and just wanted to check the price. Some weeks ago they had some great offers. Price was quite good IMO

This is a  small country and probably Fuji has just forgotten Finland     - but we do exist.

Anyways, X-H1  has totally disappeared from the websites of the biggest (or all) shops who have been selling X-H1 and other Fujifilm models. All other models are visible.

Now they all just say "not available" if i search.

This could mean something - or not.  Is a new  X-H1 mkII coming  ? H1 is a good camera and the only model with IBIS - they can not just discontinue it. Or ?

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 is my favourite traveling camera - also NEW! 5DMkIV for landscapes, BIF/nature .

 KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DerKaiser Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

KariP wrote:

I did not go shopping really, but i had X-H1 in mind and just wanted to check the price. Some weeks ago they had some great offers. Price was quite good IMO

This is a small country and probably Fuji has just forgotten Finland - but we do exist.

Anyways, X-H1 has totally disappeared from the websites of the biggest (or all) shops who have been selling X-H1 and other Fujifilm models. All other models are visible.

Now they all just say "not available" if i search.

This could mean something - or not. Is a new X-H1 mkII coming ? H1 is a good camera and the only model with IBIS - they can not just discontinue it. Or ?

Seem to be widely available in the US.

SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Still available, but only with the vertical battery grip. Body only not available AFAIK.

dual12 Contributing Member • Posts: 797
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

dual12 Contributing Member • Posts: 797
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?
3

B&H has the body only, but I don't know why anyone would buy that when you can get the grip and 2 extra Fujifilm batteries for the same price as the body only.

KariP
OP KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,106
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

That was what i was checking - it is not available online or in any form around here. I'm not really in a very urgent need of a new camera. I just wanted to check if they had the same good price - but X-H1 is not available at all ...

It has happened sometimes before when a new model is coming that they sell the last cameras as an offer . This is a small country and they can not have thousands of cameras in some warehouse - in big USA the big  stocks  last much longer.

I have enough cameras at the moment or i can consider X-T3. I can just wait and see.  I just wanted to hear if it is global...

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 is my favourite traveling camera - also NEW! 5DMkIV for landscapes, BIF/nature .

 KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,294
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Looked at a pricewatch site and two of the bigger sellers in NL. Most of the sites have it as available and the two sellers show availability in most of their shops

 robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

I just picked one up last week with the free grip deal. Maybe Fujifilm is trying to get rid of its stock and won't reorder. I'm thoroughly pleased with it and hope others jump on the deal to realize how good of a deal and build the X-H1 is.

 MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
Desperadude Regular Member • Posts: 120
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Fuji and retailers learnt to control the stock of outgoing cameras after the X-t1.  Even now the X-t2 combo with kit lens is not available at many canadian retailers.

1 year after X-t2 came out, at one point the X-t1 + 35mm f2 combo was selling in Canada for an equivalent of 600 USD.  I don't think that will happen to X-t2 or any other outgoing cameras

Threaded Senior Member • Posts: 2,476
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?
1

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

To be accurate (as far as you can be with rumours) the rumour/tip over on FR was simply that the XH1 would not be replaced in 2019. You can take that to mean that any replacement may come next year, but the rumour wasn’t that there *will* be a replacement next year, only that there *wouldn’t* be one this year.

To date it’s the only rumour/leak regarding the future of the XH line, and it still leaves open the distinct possibility that there won’t be an XH2 at all.

 Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
KariP
OP KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,106
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

MrALLCAPS wrote:

I just picked one up last week with the free grip deal. Maybe Fujifilm is trying to get rid of its stock and won't reorder. I'm thoroughly pleased with it and hope others jump on the deal to realize how good of a deal and build the X-H1 is.

I think we had the same deal some weeks ago (grip+extra batteries) to a very good price.

I just started to meditate the -H1 deal quite slowly. My X-E3 does the job it gets  quite well - i will just take photographs with the cameras i already have (too many ). Perhaps X-T4 some day.

Perhaps H1 deal sold well  or X-H1 did not sell at all in this smallish country  of 5 million (inhabitants not photographers  -  and 4,8 million cameraphones)

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 is my favourite traveling camera - also NEW! 5DMkIV for landscapes, BIF/nature .

 KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
Dawindyk Regular Member • Posts: 166
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?
1

KariP wrote:

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

That was what i was checking - it is not available online or in any form around here. I'm not really in a very urgent need of a new camera. I just wanted to check if they had the same good price - but X-H1 is not available at all ...

It has happened sometimes before when a new model is coming that they sell the last cameras as an offer . This is a small country and they can not have thousands of cameras in some warehouse - in big USA the big stocks last much longer.

I have enough cameras at the moment or i can consider X-T3. I can just wait and see. I just wanted to hear if it is global...

That's quite interesting - I've checked amazon UK, DE and US and it's available on all of them in large quantities. And that's both body only and with grip. What exactly have You checked?

baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 13,255
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Available withuot delay in France, from french website plus Amazon, eBay, Rakuten..

Around 1000-1200€ body, add 100e more with grip, in stock

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

 baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
montera2 Regular Member • Posts: 487
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Rajala, Fotomonza, and from  some smaller dealers. (eilinen tilanne)

 montera2's gear list:montera2's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,813
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

No.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

 biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

KariP wrote:

MrALLCAPS wrote:

I just picked one up last week with the free grip deal. Maybe Fujifilm is trying to get rid of its stock and won't reorder. I'm thoroughly pleased with it and hope others jump on the deal to realize how good of a deal and build the X-H1 is.

I think we had the same deal some weeks ago (grip+extra batteries) to a very good price.

I just started to meditate the -H1 deal quite slowly. My X-E3 does the job it gets quite well - i will just take photographs with the cameras i already have (too many ). Perhaps X-T4 some day.

Perhaps H1 deal sold well or X-H1 did not sell at all in this smallish country of 5 million (inhabitants not photographers - and 4,8 million cameraphones)

Haha! I'm right there with you with the X-H1/X-E3 combo. Just picked up the 16mm 1.4 after trying out the 16-55 2.8. Might pair it with the X-E3 today.

 MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
KariP
OP KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,106
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Dawindyk wrote:

KariP wrote:

dual12 wrote:

Rumor says no X-H1 replacement until next year. Buy it online if you can. The X-H1 is in stock at B&H and Amazon.

That was what i was checking - it is not available online or in any form around here. I'm not really in a very urgent need of a new camera. I just wanted to check if they had the same good price - but X-H1 is not available at all ...

It has happened sometimes before when a new model is coming that they sell the last cameras as an offer . This is a small country and they can not have thousands of cameras in some warehouse - in big USA the big stocks last much longer.

I have enough cameras at the moment or i can consider X-T3. I can just wait and see. I just wanted to hear if it is global...

That's quite interesting - I've checked amazon UK, DE and US and it's available on all of them in large quantities. And that's both body only and with grip. What exactly have You checked?

It is more simple to buy camera from Finland ( warranty, returning,   etc things) - i checked 4 biggest online camera stores inside our borders  ( that have also  real  shops in this country) . X-H1 has disappeared from their online catalogues.  Usually some models have a certain time you must wait - X-H1 was just "not available at th moment"

Of course i can order from Amazon or what ever shop somewhere - if i really must get some special equipment not available here. I can live without X-H1 - too much gear in the house anyway.

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 is my favourite traveling camera - also NEW! 5DMkIV for landscapes, BIF/nature .

 KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
Montanawildlives Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

dual12 wrote:

B&H has the body only, but I don't know why anyone would buy that when you can get the grip and 2 extra Fujifilm batteries for the same price as the body only.

Yep, I just bought the package and just sold the grip on eBay for two hundred bucks and kept the batteries

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +9 more
basleigh Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?

Camera retailers here in France not stocking X-H1 after some discounting as they recommend X-T3 with improved AF despite lack of image stabilization on that model. Also X-H2 expected next year so limited demand; perhaps.

Heavy US trade tariffs on FUJIFILM made in China causing further delays?

 basleigh's gear list:basleigh's gear list
Sony a7 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 13,255
Re: Has X-H1 disappeared from the market also in other countries ?
3

basleigh wrote:

Camera retailers here in France not stocking X-H1

sorry not true

Bundle with grip:

and body

Most retailers (green dot) have them in stock...

after some discounting as they recommend X-T3 with improved AF despite lack of image stabilization on that model. Also X-H2 expected next year so limited demand; perhaps.

Who does such recommendations on the web ???

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

 baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads