light and shadows with the Q2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Josh B
Josh B Senior Member • Posts: 1,024
light and shadows with the Q2

Hi All,

Sharing a few from a recent day out with the Q2.  I hope you enjoy.  More on Flickr

Regards

Josh

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshbear/

Cross the beam

Carry the beam

Reading in the company of shadows

The Walking Shadow

Josh B's gear list:Josh B's gear list
Leica Q Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8
Bags27 Regular Member • Posts: 441
Re: light and shadows with the Q2

thanks so much for these. They are great.

As a Q owner, I have to admit that I've been far more impressed with the B&W than with the color output of the Q2. If I were to switch, it would be for this.

-- hide signature --

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept -- Henri Cartier-Bresson

flbdig Regular Member • Posts: 480

Beautiful Images. Thank you for sharing.

-- hide signature --

https://www.1cor1313.com/
1Co 13:13 But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is LOVE!!!

flbdig's gear list:flbdig's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +14 more
Josh B
OP Josh B Senior Member • Posts: 1,024

Thank you both.   Appreciate you taking the the time to comment.

regards

Josh

Leica Q Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,670

I like the processing method here, whatever it was. My only niggle with any of these is the same I have with SO many landscapes I see posted that include expanses of sky.....the totally blown detail in the clouds with the obvious blank totally white clipped areas that just takes those down for me before I even really notice anything else about the image.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X +30 more
JT26 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,370

The first and third images are brilliant Josh

Josh B

thanks.  Appreciated

Josh B

Gregm61 wrote:

I like the processing method here, whatever it was. My only niggle with any of these is the same I have with SO many landscapes I see posted that include expanses of sky.....the totally blown detail in the clouds with the obvious blank totally white clipped areas that just takes those down for me before I even really notice anything else about the image.

Hi,  thanks for commenting.   I agree and would have liked more detail in the clouds but didn't want to distract from the main subject matter.  Sometimes it works well in my opinion although not always

Here are two I took from the same location with different approaches.  Thanks again for the comment.  This forum is great for getting opinions / advice.

Regards

Josh

Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,083

Well-done set. The first is a very well-timed capture, but I like them all. Thanks for creating, and for posting.

-- hide signature --

By accident of availability, I learned to use Canon and Nikon DSLRs at the same time. I love specific lenses made by both Canon and Nikon, too much to quit either system. Dabbling with Leica-M is fun, too. I am, certainly, not an expert.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +44 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads