Great Beginners Bridge Camera

Started 2 months ago | User reviews
TEN64 New Member • Posts: 4
Great Beginners Bridge Camera

This camera has given me the ability to take photos that I had no idea I could take. It was highly recommended by our local camera store manager. I was just looking for something to zoom onto nature but not spend a lot of money on a mirrorless camera. Their is also some great youtube videos provided to help learn the camera. The videos are posted by a photographer and not Panasonic. Not sure I can give out his name. I can even take photos of the moon with no tri-pod.

I had no idea I could take a photo like this, the camera did the work.

This photo has been my bragging photo at work.

TEN64's gear list:TEN64's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus TG-5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
12 megapixels • 3 screen • 25 – 600 mm (24×)
Announced: Jul 16, 2015
TEN64's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
unrated
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Castaway
Castaway Veteran Member • Posts: 4,555
Re: Great Beginners Bridge Camera

Good morning Ten.

The FZ300 is a great Camera Period. I have owned cameras over some 66 years and I still think that it is one of the best and most capable that I have ever owned.

It is capable of so many things although it does take a while to figure out all its features in order set set it up the way that will suit the things that you want it to do in the quickest most suitable manner.

One of the best on line resources for learning about those features is by Graham Houghton.

https://www.grahamhoughton.com/fz300-330-specific-pages/

Graham also sells an e’book on the FZ300.

I don’t think that there is any problem with you adding a link to the YouTube videos that you have watched.

Good luck and enjoy your camera.

-- hide signature --

Malcolm the Old Sea Dog
Galleries at http://www.pbase.com/oldseadog/galleries

Castaway's gear list:Castaway's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100
kkardster
kkardster Veteran Member • Posts: 9,346

You've made a great choice and a good start! And believe me, the FZ300 is capable of much better - which will come with more experience.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic ZS100 +5 more
Ramanan Padmanabhan Contributing Member • Posts: 643

The versatility of Fz300 was well discussed here vide:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4321805#forum-post-61681916

Regards,

Ramanan.

bill hansen Veteran Member • Posts: 9,805

I'm still floundering around, trying to decide on a long zoom "fixed lens" camera. My ZS200 and my FZ1000 are both wonderful but they don't have the reach I need for birds and other wildlife. (I am not able to "zoom with my feet" as most people advocate.) The FZ300 is still on the list, but even with its f2.8 aperture and 600mm FL, I think it might not have the zoom I want. I find myself using equivalent focal lengths up to 1000mm and still cropping a little.

In all other respects, the FZ300 seems like a nearly perfect camera.

The thread to which Ramanan linked contains an excellent group of posts by some of the best FZ300 photographers on the DPR forum.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads