Show Your Snaps...May 13, 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
benjilafouine Senior Member • Posts: 2,048
Re: Hare not scared

This guy seems to be liking my grass (well, for the very little that I have yet). And he isn't scared either; I took that snap at 10 feet with my iPhone...

Hare eating scarce grass patch

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 1,392

Cute!

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II

In fact it was looking for dandelions (he was eating one I noticed). This is why he was on that small patch.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 36,599
Re: Purple Martins

I don't think so.  Are they swallows?

I especially like the first one.

OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 36,599

I wonder if the hare was too hungry to be scared.  Sometimes I have noticed that if they are hungry enough and we are not thought of being a huge threat, they will ignore us.  Or at least they will keep one eye on us.  What do they eat during winter months with all of that snow cover?

Digirame wrote:

I wonder if the hare was too hungry to be scared. Sometimes I have noticed that if they are hungry enough and we are not thought of being a huge threat, they will ignore us. Or at least they will keep one eye on us. What do they eat during winter months with all of that snow cover?

Good question! Never see them here in winter but they are not hibernating. Seems like they are more active at night according to Wikipedia.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Ontarian Regular Member • Posts: 488

benjilafouine wrote:

In fact it was looking for dandelions (he was eating one I noticed). This is why he was on that small patch.

Eats dandelions !!!

Can I borrow him.  My neighbour has a lawn full of dandelions

Ontarian wrote:

benjilafouine wrote:

Eats dandelions !!!

Can I borrow him. My neighbour has a lawn full of dandelions

My mom said the same thing... The trouble is to catch it...

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
Re: Purple Martins

Digirame wrote:

I don't think so. Are they swallows?

I especially like the first one.

Purple Martins are an uncommon type of swallow on the West Coast

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads