Show Your Snaps...May 13, 2019

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 36,716
Show Your Snaps...May 13, 2019

This is the weekly Show Your Snaps thread where we invite you to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. I'll be sure to comment about your photos, if you choose to share.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. You might also consider describing your pictures in the subject title. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too. Thanks everyone for your participation.

This is open to all camera systems and skill levels.

OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 36,716
Spring Flowers

This past Saturday, I went out looking for spring flowers in Portland, Oregon. First I got a few around some residences and then some at the Rose Garden. It's that time of year to appreciate the beauty around us.

Photo No. 1 - The red color looked great next to the white flowers. I found these at some residences.

Photo No. 2 - Here's the same white flowers without the red (except for one tiny spot).

Photo No. 3 - The red-purple flowers looked great too.

Photo No. 4 - I came too late in the afternoon to take a photo of the rhododendron wall of flowers at the Rose Garden. The rose plants are illuminated by the sun in the foreground.

Photo No. 5 - The same people seen above posed here for this picture. The Canon T7i (800D) does great, preserving lots of details at relatively high ISO.

Photo No. 6 - This is what the rhododendron wall looks like (again, as taken in the shadows).

Photo No. 7 - The Rose Garden had very little roses, almost none.

Photo No. 8 - Here's another photo of the Rose Garden, looking into the light.

Photo No. 9 - I did find one rose that caught my attention.

Photo No. 10 - And a camellia flower.... I hope you liked the tour.

Stricnine Contributing Member • Posts: 690
M27 - Dumbbell Nebula

It cleared off for a night!  I had trouble with autoguiding (or camera mounting to the telescope) so most of the images weren't usable, the ones I did use were marginal.

-- hide signature --
 Stricnine's gear list:Stricnine's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +5 more
Re: M27 - Dumbbell Nebula

Will you be able to get the autoguiding fixed?  I sure hope so.  Your photos are spectacular.  I like that one a lot too, with the light blue colors.

Stricnine Contributing Member • Posts: 690

Digirame wrote:

Will you be able to get the autoguiding fixed? I sure hope so. Your photos are spectacular. I like that one a lot too, with the light blue colors.

I'm sure I'll sort it out.  As I was packing up to leave I noticed the Off Axis Guider was a little loose so it may have allowed some movement despite the nearly non-existent wind (or me piddling around with the laptop the cables to the camera and guide camera were connected to).

-- hide signature --
 Stricnine's gear list:Stricnine's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +5 more
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 1,403
Re: Spring Flowers

Thanks for the beautiful snaps!!!!! Put a smile on my face!!

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
cdmazoff

Gorgeous!!!!! 

-- hide signature --

When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
cdmazoff
2 Types of Teal: Blue-winged and Cinnamon

Both are very elusive and far away.  I hope I did some kind of justice to them..

-- hide signature --

benjilafouine Senior Member • Posts: 2,074
Re: Fun time (but still freezing cold)

Went to see the extent of floods. It was bad. Out of 1000 homes, 220 were flooded. Our stone and beams dock was even deformed by ice crashing on it (the one behind my Sea-Doo).

Also, plenty of new birds species now in my feeder. I will need cdmazoff to identify some of them for me next time I get back to them. Season is late. No leaves yet on trees.

Taking Sea-Doo out after a ride (water still too high to install my own dock)

Note: I had wet suit boots, pants and an Under Armour coat on because the water makes it very cold to ride. Water must be barely 40-45 degrees F I think.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
cdmazoff

Wow!!!!!  Be safe!!  Don't fall in!!!

-- hide signature --

Spring Flowers - Thanks

Thanks.  I'm glad you liked them.

Re: 2 Types of Teal: Blue-winged and Cinnamon

They look good.  I think they dive for their food.  Is that right?  You all are having beautiful weather too.

That's too bad about the flooded homes.  That's amazing you all don't have green leaves yet in mid-May.

cdmazoff

Digirame wrote:

They look good. I think they dive for their food. Is that right? You all are having beautiful weather too.

They are dabblers.. The eat pond grass etc..

-- hide signature --

ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,813
Run

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
mocha123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,533
Re: Spring Flowers

Hi Digirame,

Lovely set of the flowers and a stunning looking rhododendron wall, it looks like you had good weather to.

mocha123's gear list:mocha123's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more

Hi Stricnine,

WOW, very nice.

Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more

Hi cdmazoff,

Good stuff, you never seem short of new species to show from your area. I'm jealous

Hi benjilafouine,

Good to see you've managed to get the Sea-Doo out for a spin.

Re: Run

Hi ZX11,

Super action shot. Nice capture.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads