Any new rumors on a new Flagship from Canon and Nikon DSLRs?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions
ToxicTabasco
ToxicTabasco Senior Member • Posts: 2,084
Any new rumors on a new Flagship from Canon and Nikon DSLRs?

It's been a few years since the Canon 1DxII, and the Nikon D5.  Any rumors on the new flagships for 2020?

ToxicTabasco's gear list:ToxicTabasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon D5500
Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
justmeMN Veteran Member • Posts: 7,938
Re: Any new rumors on a new Flagship from Canon and Nikon DSLRs?

"Canon Ambassador Teases New 30fps Canon DSLR On Social Networks"

https://www.canonwatch.com/canon-ambassador-teases-new-30fps-canon-dslr-on-social-networks/

(Hanging my head in shame for posting a rumor.)

Erwann Loison Regular Member • Posts: 256

This will turn out to be a sony a9 II, you'll see

ToxicTabasco
OP ToxicTabasco Senior Member • Posts: 2,084

justmeMN wrote:

https://www.canonwatch.com/canon-ambassador-teases-new-30fps-canon-dslr-on-social-networks/

Yes... I've seen a few YouTube video rumors on the Flagships.  Seems the angry photographer dude claims a Nikon D6 will be out this year.  But, they said the same thing last year.

I didn't know there was shame on this foum 

ToxicTabasco's gear list:ToxicTabasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon D5500
Klaus dk
Klaus dk Veteran Member • Posts: 5,674

2020 Olympics in Tokyo - could they set a better scene?

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +14 more
tom1234567
tom1234567 Senior Member • Posts: 1,883

Yes I'm waiting for the Nikon d760 FF

Next month I hope

-- hide signature --

Tom G Scotland
Fujifilm X-T2, Nikon D7200,

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T2
PhotoPhart
PhotoPhart Senior Member • Posts: 2,193
New Canon DSLR incoming,... or maybe Mirrorless?

justmeMN wrote:

Well,... it seems something is up. It's being quoted elsewhere

"Canon UK ambassador and renowned wildlife and aviation photographer Andy Rouse has been posting images he took “using some new kit” on his Twitter and Instagram accounts, raising suspicions that a new Canon camera could be released in the near future.

https://www.techradar.com/news/new-canon-dslr-incoming-mysterious-camera-gets-teased-on-social-media

"Testing for the latter began in February, according to Canon Rumors, and Rouse was one of the first people to test drive the EOS 1D X Mark II, tempting us to put our money on the next iteration of the pro-level full-frame DSLR, especially since shooting at 30fps will likely be difficult for a 32MP APS-C system.

That kind of frame rate, however, is possible on a mirrorless camera. Back in April 2019, Canon confirmed it was working on another professional high-end full-frame mirrorless shooter to join the current EOS R line-up. This potential new EOS R series camera is said to feature in-body stabilization, something neither the EOS R nor the more affordable EOS RP offer.

Whether it’s a new DSLR or a mirrorless snapper remains to be seen, but Rouse does say he hasn’t “dumped anyone for anyone”, making us believe it’s definitely a Canon camera and not a new system from another manufacturer.

Robert1950 Forum Member • Posts: 80
 Robert1950's gear list:Robert1950's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon D80 Nikon D70s Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
threw the lens
threw the lens Contributing Member • Posts: 655

Since when were the flagship camera releases exciting. They are very much incremental releases designed to just work and keep on working for jobbing photographers. No wacky novelties in there to go wrong. Shame some non-pros can't appreciate this.

Don Lacy
Don Lacy Senior Member • Posts: 1,897
Canon has the 1DXIII out in the field being tested

Had an interesting conversation with a friend who works with Canon doing workshops about when and what they might be releasing concerning pro mirroless and the 1DXMKIII after a bunch of hints I finally asked him if he was under a NDA his reply was he couldn’t tell me which I took that he was. There is enough smoke out there about the 1DMKIII that it’s pretty much a given that they are being beta tested right now.

Don Lacy's gear list:Don Lacy's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M100 Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM +11 more
mordor_74 Contributing Member • Posts: 615
Re: New Canon DSLR incoming,... or maybe Mirrorless?

Mmmm...

30fps and he states "nope they dont" when asked witch canon model has 30fps...

The lens used in one of the shots is a "80-150mm f2.8 lens, iso 800, f2.8 @ 1/1000th"

and it does not make sense since canon is already putting out a 70-200 f2.8 but there is an assonace with a certain 40-150 f2.8 that work with an m43 camera that has 30fps

but i guess this is already old news...

to me it looks like money moves a lot more than product specs... it is sad!

-- hide signature --

STM ZOOM Trinity completed! 10-18+18-55+55-255
STM PRIME Trinity completed! 24+40+50
BONUS YN35mm T17-50 2.8 VC
http://samsungnxtips.blogspot.com

mordor_74's gear list:mordor_74's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Samsung NX1100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
BigBen08 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,146
Re: Canon has the 1DXIII out in the field being tested

Don Lacy wrote:

Had an interesting conversation with a friend who works with Canon doing workshops about when and what they might be releasing concerning pro mirroless and the 1DXMKIII after a bunch of hints I finally asked him if he was under a NDA his reply was he couldn’t tell me which I took that he was. There is enough smoke out there about the 1DMKIII that it’s pretty much a given that they are being beta tested right now.

That's interesting. Wonder if the sensor's mp count will be increased.

-- hide signature --

My best aviation photos: https://500px.com/kenfm2018

PhotoPhart
PhotoPhart Senior Member • Posts: 2,193
Another rumor gets shot down

"...it now seems like the speculation over Rouse’s enigmatic photos and captions was off the mark, and they didn’t have to do with an upcoming Canon launch after all…

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/14/is-canon-readying-a-new-pro-camera-with-30fps-speed/

Don Lacy
Don Lacy Senior Member • Posts: 1,897
Re: Another rumor gets shot down

PhotoPhart wrote:

"...it now seems like the speculation over Rouse’s enigmatic photos and captions was off the mark, and they didn’t have to do with an upcoming Canon launch after all…

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/14/is-canon-readying-a-new-pro-camera-with-30fps-speed/

Sounds like Andy trying to not to get in trouble with a NDA from Canon. He also had a relationship with Nikon so could be one of theirs.

Don Lacy's gear list:Don Lacy's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M100 Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM +11 more
VBLondon Senior Member • Posts: 1,079

threw the lens wrote:

Since when were the flagship camera releases exciting. They are very much incremental releases designed to just work and keep on working for jobbing photographers. No wacky novelties in there to go wrong. Shame some non-pros can't appreciate this.

I'm a Nikon user, so easiest to reference Nikon

D3 was hugely exciting, a breakthrough in low light performance

D5 introduced the world's best AF. It still is.

Both were exciting exactly because they weren't wacky novelties.

VBLondon's gear list:VBLondon's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon Df Nikon Z6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads