Tiny status/notification bar icons on P30 Pro

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
TKinVA Senior Member • Posts: 2,002
Tiny status/notification bar icons on P30 Pro

I've had my P30 Pro for a day now and there's one thing I haven't figured out.

The icons in the status/notification area are tiny, compared with other phones, and I can't find a way to make them larger. I fiddled with all of the Display settings, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,367
Re: Tiny status/notification bar icons on P30 Pro

TKinVA wrote:

The icons in the status/notification area are tiny, compared with other phones, and I can't find a way to make them larger. I fiddled with all of the Display settings, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

I am afraid you cannot do anything with this - they are not part of regular display scaling.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
OP TKinVA Senior Member • Posts: 2,002

_vlad wrote:

TKinVA wrote:

Any suggestions?

I am afraid you cannot do anything with this - they are not part of regular display scaling.

Bummer.

I take it that your p30 pro has tiny icons like mine.

You can get some of the functionality (time, temperature, battery level) by adding widgets to the home screen.

I'm working hard at loving this phone, but why do they make it such a chore?

_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,367

TKinVA wrote:

_vlad wrote:

TKinVA wrote:

Any suggestions?

Bummer.

I take it that your p30 pro has tiny icons like mine.

You can get some of the functionality (time, temperature, battery level) by adding widgets to the home screen.

I'm working hard at loving this phone, but why do they make it such a chore?

Mine are probably as small as yours - and personally I do not see it a problem. The bigger icons shall be - the less can be positioned in top bar. Usually when there is something I am interested in, I always pull down the top edge to see them all at full size.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
I2K4 Contributing Member • Posts: 800

If it's a serious problem reading them, there's are screen Magnification tricks under Android Settings / Accessibility (in Oreo).  Clumsy but certainly blows up the notification area.

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads