** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Orsonneke
Orsonneke Junior Member • Posts: 33
Visit to the glass museum , Belgium

with the XT3 and 16-55 lens , some sooc pics:

Orsonneke's gear list:Orsonneke's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +6 more
Jose Viegas
Jose Viegas Senior Member • Posts: 1,845
Views to the bridge
 Jose Viegas's gear list:Jose Viegas's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 +7 more
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,328
Re: Views to the bridge

Hi nice shots. Not sure where it is. Porto?

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm XQ2 Sony RX100 IV Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E3 +1 more
Jose Viegas
Jose Viegas Senior Member • Posts: 1,845
Re: Views to the bridge

jhorse wrote:

Hi nice shots. Not sure where it is. Porto?

Thanks. Yes it's Porto, Portugal.

Jose Viegas's gear list:Jose Viegas's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 +7 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,990
Re: Birds of Northern California

Lovely captures, great color.  Excellent work!

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,635
Re: Birds of Northern California

dv312 wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Very good captures. The turkey vulture looks like it is ready for a mouthful. Was it standing on its next meal?

Bob

Thanks Bob

He was standing on a dead calf

Moments ago, there were no less than half a dozen vultures fighting over the carcass

Thought so.  The feature of this creature that looks so amazing in flight is its very unattractive head.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,635
Re: Visit to the glass museum , Belgium

ooh.  Another bucket list venue.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,990
Re: Giants over the land

kiwi2 wrote:

I took this one a few days ago but not really sure if I like it that much yet. Even though I got some nice setting sunlight on the rolling hills, I think the sky is too uninteresting considering the amount of frame it is taking up.

I think maybe shot at night under a small amount of moonlight lighting up the spinning blades with the stars trailing across the sky might make this particular view more interesting.

Jerry-astro, the photo details you asked about in the previous weekly thread - I can't read the EXIF fully anymore and I think from memory it was around a 10 minute single exposure at f/2.5 ISO 400 with the Canon 50mm 1.8 II. Some high thin cloud had drifted across and made the brighter stars of the Southern Cross itself appeared bigger as the light scattered through the thin cloud.

(You can see the same effect happening in this time lapse near the start at 10 seconds)

Thanks for that. A really interesting effect.

I really love this image... the colors are definitely in the realm of the magical (to use a rather hackneyed, but in this case, very appropriate term). What catches my eye is both the contrast between the warm tones of the earth and the cooler tone of the clouds along with the way the reddish clouds complement the earth tones in your foreground.

Probably too darn many words on my part... to summarize: I like it a lot!

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
T-Rex Mark Forum Member • Posts: 90
The Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, TX. And thereabouts

Interesting places - especially if you are into TX history.

XT3, 16mm, then a few with 18-55.

18-55. The Blue Lacy was designated as the official state dog breed of Texas in 2005

18-55 handheld

kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,617
Re: Giants over the land

Jerry-astro wrote:

Thanks for that. A really interesting effect.

I really love this image... the colors are definitely in the realm of the magical (to use a rather hackneyed, but in this case, very appropriate term). What catches my eye is both the contrast between the warm tones of the earth and the cooler tone of the clouds along with the way the reddish clouds complement the earth tones in your foreground.

Probably too darn many words on my part... to summarize: I like it a lot!

Thanks for the feedback.

-- hide signature --
 kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads