** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,602
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section. Also helpful to some of us who are less traveled to talk about the location of your photo if possible

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to Fuji.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,602
Purple Luxury 1933-Style!

Not too much more fro the Auto show but since you retired the 1st weekly thread a day early maybe some of you have soe more images to post.

Was going to post this tomorrow but today is today!  1933 chrysler and an award winner!

Have a good one,

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Senior Member • Posts: 2,945
On the waterfront

High and Dry

fishing bird

fishing man

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,288
Re: ** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Only 36hrs ...

Bob

Ok, I was holding off as my pictures this week are not to this thread's normal high standard. However, as the event was this week it makes no sense to wait, despite no time to post process due to work commitments.

We went to the London Marathon to watch a friend run (in 2hrs 58 mins - not too bad!). We started off at the top of the Shard so those images are taken though glass (and the panes were not that clean). Not a bad place for a morning coffee!

Then we went via walking over Tower Bridge to Victoria Embankment to watch at Mile 25.

Tower Bridge from the top of the Shard.

You can just make out some of the elite athletes.

The Tower of London from the top of the Shard.

HMS Belfast.

Charity banners on Tower Bridge.

Victoria Embankment, random athletes going well, Mile 25.

Ditto.

Love the 'wasp' man! You can just make out WaterAid's wand, which is the charity my daughter works for.

Hot in a bottle? What a superb effort for this person's charity.

Not the best photographically, but hope they convey some atmosphere. All taken with a XT3 (using Mike's AF-C dog frisbee settings!) and the 55-200 from the Shard or the 18-55 at ground level. Camera set to +1 sharpening, but no other PP done.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm XQ2 Sony RX100 IV Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E3 +1 more
BryceM
BryceM Senior Member • Posts: 1,366
Leitz "Tiltall" Tripod

I'm irrationally pleased with this tripod setup! Leg locks have been thoroughly cleaned and lightly lubed with petroleum jelly (as the Marchione brothers intended), scratches have received the Sharpie treatment (as my drill sergeants would have demanded), and I found a basic Arca-Swiss adapterthat matches the head and overall aesthetic nicely while adding a bubble and modern quick-release functionality. I cut some arrows out of a red reflective sticker material to remind me which knob does what and was compelled for some reason to add the "Red Dot" that Leitz left off Now I just need to figure out a carrying strap or to find a tripod bag for it...

1970's Tiltall Tripod - captured with the Mamiya 55mm f/1.4@f2 on my Fujica X-T2

-- hide signature --

- International Man of Mystery

BryceM's gear list:BryceM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm X-Pro1 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +35 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 37,602
Thanks Willy & Alistair, and. . .

Thanks for the answer about that switcher / shunt engine .

And. . . random stops / breaks while shuttling between homes this past week. . .

(It's also nice that, recently, Flickr embedded images now come with EXIF data attached).

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X100F +1 more
kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,551
Giants over the land

I took this one a few days ago but not really sure if I like it that much yet. Even though I got some nice setting sunlight on the rolling hills, I think the sky is too uninteresting considering the amount of frame it is taking up.

I think maybe shot at night under a small amount of moonlight lighting up the spinning blades with the stars trailing across the sky might make this particular view more interesting.

Jerry-astro, the photo details you asked about in the previous weekly thread - I can't read the EXIF fully anymore and I think from memory it was around a 10 minute single exposure at f/2.5 ISO 400 with the Canon 50mm 1.8 II. Some high thin cloud had drifted across and made the brighter stars of the Southern Cross itself appeared bigger as the light scattered through the thin cloud.

(You can see the same effect happening in this time lapse near the start at 10 seconds)

-- hide signature --
 kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Bob Tullis
Re: Giants over the land

kiwi2 wrote:

I took this one a few days ago but not really sure if I like it that much yet. Even though I got some nice setting sunlight on the rolling hills, I think the sky is too uninteresting considering the amount of frame it is taking up.

I think maybe shot at night under a small amount of moonlight lighting up the spinning blades with the stars trailing across the sky might make this particular view more interesting.

Jerry-astro, the photo details you asked about in the previous weekly thread - I can't read the EXIF fully anymore and I think from memory it was around a 10 minute single exposure at f/2.5 ISO 400 with the Canon 50mm 1.8 II. Some high thin cloud had drifted across and made the brighter stars of the Southern Cross itself appeared bigger as the light scattered through the thin cloud.

(You can see the same effect happening in this time lapse near the start at 10 seconds)

I find this to be a most calming scene, simple but with subtle interest that the light makes more so.   After I might ever capture something like this, I'd make this a frequent return visit location, if not for one better, for the variation of atmospheres.   That is, I'd love to see what you do with this location, subsequently - is this relatively local for you (local enough)?

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,551

Bob Tullis wrote:

I find this to be a most calming scene, simple but with subtle interest that the light makes more so. After I might ever capture something like this, I'd make this a frequent return visit location, if not for one better, for the variation of atmospheres. That is, I'd love to see what you do with this location, subsequently - is this relatively local for you (local enough)?

Yes it's a magical spot and somewhere I plan to visit again. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive from where I live, but a lot of it is dirt roads and will also be hard to access through winter if there is lots of snow about. But I certainly plan to get back soon and shoot this at night under the stars and some moonlight to light the scene up.

It's also a special area to me because the far hills in the background is where I spent 11 years working on a farm when I was younger and where I fell in love with the dark rule skies and astronomy and optics. It was working with such a view on a daily basis and seeing the light and whether change constantly and nature's moods is what started me off in photography.

-- hide signature --
 kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Senior Member • Posts: 2,945
Just hold still...

This rabbit was nibbling on something when I took the first photo. My lens bumped the window glass, it sat straight up and froze as seen in the second image. It held that position while I took another 22 shots.

I'm thinking "Well fine. If you're just going to hold that pose I'll do some exposure bracketing to get the depth of field I like."

It was still sitting frozen like that when I lowered the blind and walked away.

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
BryceM
BryceM Senior Member • Posts: 1,366
Kiron 105mm f/2.8 Macro

-- hide signature --

- International Man of Mystery

BryceM's gear list:BryceM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm X-Pro1 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +35 more
Photofix101 Regular Member • Posts: 336
Majestic meerkat

Here's a little friend I snapped whilst at the Zoo. Processed using Capture One.

-- hide signature --

Be nice and kind ....... as life's too short to be too short

Bob Tullis

kiwi2 wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

I find this to be a most calming scene, simple but with subtle interest that the light makes more so. After I might ever capture something like this, I'd make this a frequent return visit location, if not for one better, for the variation of atmospheres. That is, I'd love to see what you do with this location, subsequently - is this relatively local for you (local enough)?

Yes it's a magical spot and somewhere I plan to visit again. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive from where I live, but a lot of it is dirt roads and will also be hard to access through winter if there is lots of snow about. But I certainly plan to get back soon and shoot this at night under the stars and some moonlight to light the scene up.

It's also a special area to me because the far hills in the background is where I spent 11 years working on a farm when I was younger and where I fell in love with the dark rule skies and astronomy and optics. It was working with such a view on a daily basis and seeing the light and whether change constantly and nature's moods is what started me off in photography.

I kind of thought there was something more in this conveyance, more than what is obvious, anyway.   I thought it was your hand to the developing.   

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

dv312
dv312 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,627
Birds of Northern California

Northern Mockingbird

Acorn Woodpecker

Black Phoebe

Red-tailed Hawk

Bank Swallow

American Robin

Bank Swallow

Turkey Vulture

Red-tailed Hawk

Great White Egret

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3
RicFromTor New Member • Posts: 6
Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Picture taken with Fujifilm X-T3 XF 23mm F2 R WR

• f/8.0
  • 23.0 mm
  • Shutter speed 1/1700
  • ISO 640
  • Processed with Capture One 12

RicFromTor's gear list:RicFromTor's gear list
Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
DykesC Junior Member • Posts: 37
Indian PInk

Indian Pink wildflower

SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: ** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

X-T3 at 55mm f/4 (kit lens)

Halifax, NS

SpeedyNeo's gear list:SpeedyNeo's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,602
Re: Birds of Northern California

Very good captures.  The turkey vulture looks lie it is ready for a mouthful.  Was it standing on its next meal?

Bob

dv312
dv312 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,627
Re: Birds of Northern California

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Very good captures. The turkey vulture looks lie it is ready for a mouthful. Was it standing on its next meal?

Bob

Thanks Bob

He was standing on a dead calf

Moments ago, there were no less than half a dozen vultures fighting over the carcass

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3
wolfbane Senior Member • Posts: 1,336
Re: Leitz "Tiltall" Tripod

Good Morning BryceM.

And good luck finding a strap or bag to tote that impressive tripod.

Love the INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY tag. Minute I saw it I thought of Bluebottle, a Boy Scout with a persistent but unsatisfied desire to achieve fame and fortune; played 60 plus years ago by Peter Sellers on BBC' Radio's long-running Goon Show!

In the mind's ear I can hear him saying it.

Thanks for the reminder, Alistair.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads