USB transfer photos from FZ80 to a PC

Started May 1, 2019 | Discussions
garywc
garywc Senior Member • Posts: 1,018
USB transfer photos from FZ80 to a PC

Neither page 272 nor 275 of the manual identifies the software used in the process to transfer photos from the camera to a PC.

The software pre-selects a great majority (but not all) of the images on the camera's memory card.

Is there a way to change the software's default so it pre-selects NONE of the images?

garywc's gear list:garywc's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Grumpy002 Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: USB transfer photos from FZ80 to a PC

I'm guessing you have Panasonic's PhotoFunStudio.

Personally I uninstalled it after about 5 minutes due to some very strange behaviour.

When you connect the camera, the computer should see it as a new disc drive and you can simply copy and paste the files across to wherever you want them.

Hope that helps

garywc
OP garywc Senior Member • Posts: 1,018

I did not download/install PhotoFunStudio on my fz80

Canon PowerShot G16
Grumpy002 Forum Member • Posts: 77

I think you need to help us out with a bit more information. The software will be on the computer not the camera. Surely the software identifies itself in some way? In the title bar? In the help menu (under 'about')? Are you using Windows or a Mac?

My point is that you don't need additional software at all just the operating system in the computer. Close the programme down and use the file manager on the computer.

garywc
OP garywc Senior Member • Posts: 1,018

I have the USB cable connected to the camera and the PC (Windows).

When I turn the camera on, "USB Mode" appears on the camera's LCD screen.  The display says "Please select the USB mode" and gives two selections ("PictBridge(FTP)" and "PC".

When I touch "PC",  the displays says "Connecting to PC" and a page appears on the PC's monitor.  The resulting page says "Select the items you want to import" and "158 of 558 items are selected".

The available actions are to "Select All" and "Unselect All" ("Select new" is greyed-out).

How can I change the action to default to "Unselect All"?

I think you need to help us out with a bit more information. The software will be on the computer not the camera. Surely the software identifies itself in some way? In the title bar? In the help menu (under 'about')? Are you using Windows or a Mac?

My point is that you don't need additional software at all just the operating system in the computer. Close the programme down and use the file manager on the computer.

Canon PowerShot G16
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads