Photography in Morocco

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Photography in Morocco
39

Below are some photographs in colour taken in Morocco in December 2017 with my Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera and Fujinon 16/1.4 & 90/2 lenses.

To see more photographs from the same series, please visit this new photo-essay that I uploaded on my website: https://www.falubphotography.com/Caravanserai/

Fez, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Fez, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Fez, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Fez, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Fez, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Marrakesh, X-Pro2,90/2

Marrakesh, X-Pro2,90/2

Essaouira, X-Pro2,16/1.4

Essaouira, X-Pro2,90/2

Marrakesh, X-Pro2,16/1.4

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,669
Re: Photography in Morocco
3

Excellent series. The light is wonderful.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

 biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco
 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
crosson
crosson Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Really wonderful shots. Morocco is a ridiculously photogenic place.

 crosson's gear list:crosson's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +1 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco
1
  1. crosson wrote:

Really wonderful shots. Morocco is a ridiculously photogenic place.

Thank you! Yes, it is. The light and atmosphere were very special there. On the other hand, it turned out that street photography was quite difficult, and I had to work much harder than usually. For landscapes, no problem at all, but I was more interested in people and street life.

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
crosson
crosson Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Claudiu Falub wrote:

  1. crosson wrote:

Really wonderful shots. Morocco is a ridiculously photogenic place.

Thank you! Yes, it is. The light and atmosphere were very special there. On the other hand, it turned out that street photography was quite difficult, and I had to work much harder than usually. For landscapes, no problem at all, but I was more interested in people and street life.

Indeed. At least when I was there people were hyper aware of tourists and cameras. There was a lot of sneaky photography going on for me.

 crosson's gear list:crosson's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +1 more
Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,086
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Wow! A beautiful set of images and amazing light.

Location, light, lens: everything superb. I love the wide angle shots.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

Wow! A beautiful set of images and amazing light.

Location, light, lens: everything superb. I love the wide angle shots.

Thank you very much! Danke vielmals!

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
Gibbons3D Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Love the photos, number 2 is my fav.

OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco
 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
AaronX Contributing Member • Posts: 830
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Beautiful images! What has caught my eyes above all is the beautiful color. You skillfully captured these images in the best lights. Are there any post-processing done to the colors also?

MehdiT Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Very nice images, congratulations!

I lived in Morocco for two and a half years in the 1990's, but ironically took less photographs during that period then any time in my adult life. I had my Contax 167MT, a few lenses and a Minox 35GT, but every time I pulled out my camera everybody and his dog would appear from nowhere trying to get into the photo and demand money! In the end I rarely took my camera anywhere with me.

-- hide signature --

Mehdi
Fuji X-T1, X-T1 (IR), X-E2, 10-24, 18-55, 55-200, Zeiss 12, 32, Rokinon 8, Olympus Pen half frame and Canon rangefinder lenses

Group4 Contributing Member • Posts: 599
Re: Photography in Morocco
1

Beautifully done, thank you for sharing these here!

David

basleigh Regular Member • Posts: 211
Re: Photography in Morocco
2

My experience in Morocco mixed with some reservations as the locals follow you around offering their services as amateur tour guides to unsuspecting foreigners. Having said that there are probably more pickpockets around Buckingham Palace on any given day.

The colors in the photos impressive and almost arabesque in character being subtle and a touch sombre. Interesting how color moods differ; compare Hawaii with south of France. Sunlight depends on atmospheric conditions and intensity of rays. Its a question of capturing highlights and shadows in an image to produce a defining moment.

 basleigh's gear list:basleigh's gear list
Sony a7 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco

AaronX wrote:

Beautiful images! What has caught my eyes above all is the beautiful color. You skillfully captured these images in the best lights. Are there any post-processing done to the colors also?

Thank you. Actually, Morocco is very colorful, e.g. the people‘s clothes, walls of the houses, etc. In December the light is more oblique compared to other months and it’s scattered on the dust carried by winds from the Sahara desert. Moreover, in some of the northern regions, where Fez city is located, there are sporadic rains, which also contribute to the special light and color.

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco

MehdiT wrote:

Very nice images, congratulations!

I lived in Morocco for two and a half years in the 1990's, but ironically took less photographs during that period then any time in my adult life. I had my Contax 167MT, a few lenses and a Minox 35GT, but every time I pulled out my camera everybody and his dog would appear from nowhere trying to get into the photo and demand money! In the end I rarely took my camera anywhere with me.

Thank you! Yes, I know what you mean. Marrakesh was the worst in that respect. On the other hand, smaller towns (e.g. Essaouira, Moulay Idriss, etc) and the berber villages in the Atlas mountains were much more relaxed, and people didnt mind being photographed. Fez, the spiritual capital of Morocco, was also quite difficult, but walking and literally getting lost in the thousand years old Medina was an interesting experience.

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco
 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
OP Claudiu Falub Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Photography in Morocco

basleigh wrote:

My experience in Morocco mixed with some reservations as the locals follow you around offering their services as amateur tour guides to unsuspecting foreigners. Having said that there are probably more pickpockets around Buckingham Palace on any given day.

The colors in the photos impressive and almost arabesque in character being subtle and a touch sombre. Interesting how color moods differ; compare Hawaii with south of France. Sunlight depends on atmospheric conditions and intensity of rays. Its a question of capturing highlights and shadows in an image to produce a defining moment.

Thank you for your feedback!

 Claudiu Falub's gear list:Claudiu Falub's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +44 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads