Setting up GPS with “Imaging Edge”

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Michael Jardine
Michael Jardine Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Setting up GPS with “Imaging Edge”

I can’t get it set up, and have never been able to.  I do get these cryptic messages on my iPhone like “Stopped: [ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS] is not set to [Always].

Now, I’m not an iPhone neophyte.  I do know that you can enable location services for any app, just by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.  But the Sony app does not show up there. I did go through the setup process and I pair my A7R3 with my iPhone under Bluetooth Settings. Yet I still get the error message - even when my iPhone tells me I am connected.

Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

Michael Jardine's gear list:Michael Jardine's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Idgsd New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Setting up GPS with “Imaging Edge”

After the PMM was updated to Imaging Edge app on my iPhone XS, I couldn’t re-establish geolocation functionality for the life of me, and received a message similar to yours (to my best recollection). Finally, I disconnected and deleted everything and started anew to get it working. I am not sure it was the most efficient way to get it done, but it worked. The IE geolocation setup isn’t perfect yet, but is much better than PMM (at least for me).

Michael Jardine
OP Michael Jardine Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Re: Setting up GPS with “Imaging Edge”

Idgsd wrote:

After the PMM was updated to Imaging Edge app on my iPhone XS, I couldn’t re-establish geolocation functionality for the life of me, and received a message similar to yours (to my best recollection). Finally, I disconnected and deleted everything and started anew to get it working. I am not sure it was the most efficient way to get it done, but it worked. The IE geolocation setup isn’t perfect yet, but is much better than PMM (at least for me).

That worked. Apparently it’s the only way. And I think you have to make sure you accept “Always Allow”

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com

Michael Jardine's gear list:Michael Jardine's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads