Inside and Outside Historic Londontown and Gardens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
nopix
nopix Senior Member • Posts: 1,544
Inside and Outside Historic Londontown and Gardens

Today was the annual spring plant sale at Londontown. I took advantage of the opportunity to walk around the garden area (outside) and took some photos from the plant sale (inside). I did not go in the historic buildings today, I left that for another time.

Shot with the G85 and 14-140 in jpg.

nopix's gear list:nopix's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III Nikon 1 V2 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 +18 more
Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
maggiemole Senior Member • Posts: 1,443
Re: Inside and Outside Historic Londontown and Gardens

Really nice smooth backgrounds, at f5.4 or thereabouts. Is this a particular strength of the camera, or was your subject-background distance very large? Just interested - I don't get as smooth a look with my 14-140mm II.

Maggie

nopix
OP nopix Senior Member • Posts: 1,544
Re: Inside and Outside Historic Londontown and Gardens

maggiemole wrote:

Really nice smooth backgrounds, at f5.4 or thereabouts. Is this a particular strength of the camera, or was your subject-background distance very large? Just interested - I don't get as smooth a look with my 14-140mm II.

Maggie

The smooth background is a combination of several things: distance from camera to subject; distance from subject to background; aperture, and focal length.

My aperture was fairly small since the lens, 14-140, is not a fast lens.

My focal length was about 60-70mm which helps throw the background out of focus.

The camera to subject distance was near the minimum focus distance for that lens.

And,

The subject to background distance was relatively large for the camera to subject distance.

nopix's gear list:nopix's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III Nikon 1 V2 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads