Z6 flickering when using N-Log?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Nefilim Regular Member • Posts: 475
Z6 flickering when using N-Log?

Just noticed this tonight on a dark gradient background. The footage is being recorded to an Atomos Ninja V but I can see the flickering on the camera screen also.

4k24p (23.976)

1/50

f4

ISO 1250 (not auto ISO)

manual focus

Flickering control set to Auto or 60hz, no difference.

The only light on is an Aputure 120d MarkII - I've swapped out with other LED panels and LED lights, thing, it's definitely not the 120d (as expected).

When I switch off N-Log it disappears? I don't know it's by virtue of the falloff in the gradient is much quicker, I don't think so but I can't see any flicker in the second clip.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HQ4JDKaVc&feature=youtu.be

-- hide signature --

Peter

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
willduncanphoto New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Z6 flickering when using N-Log?

I'm seeing the same thing too on tests shots that I did after getting my Ninja V, mine appear to only appear to happen under specific high ISO settings with the Atomos and recording N-Log.I haven't done a detailed replication of it yet.

I only found a few examples of it hunting around on Google though.  Did you ever contact Atomos or Nikon regarding the issue?

maxime_m New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Z6 flickering when using N-Log?

Seems to be fixed on firmware 2.10: "Fixed an issue that in rare cases resulted in “noise” in the form of fine horizontal lines appearing throughout the frame in movies and the live view display." 😀

And as far as I can tell, It dramatically changed (at least at ISO 1250, still some weird stuff happening at 6400).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads