E-M1.1 weather sealing proves it's worth

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 2,259
E-M1.1 weather sealing proves it's worth

I have had the good fortune to take a business trip to Bergen Norway for the past week. I had a couple of evenings free and the whole weekend to explore. Lovely city, but very, very rainy in the spring. It has rained very day that I have been here. I was determined to see the city anyway, so I put on the rain gear and hit the streets.

I had a backpack with a Peak Design Capture Clip on the strap. It held the E-M1 with 12-40 with the lens pointing down. I walk for 2 hours in a steady rain one day and intermittent rain on other days.

Also got caught in a hail storm for 10 minutes.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +6 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bluevellet Senior Member • Posts: 2,889
Re: E-M1.1 weather sealing proves it's worth

I've always wanted to go to Bergen.

Getting there is easy and fairly cheap, but staying there looks more tricky and expensive. Like all of Norway.

As for weather sealing, I can not speak personally for the orginal EM1, but I've had absolutely no problem with my EM5II. Just like it dangle around your neck no matter the weather.

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +16 more
paleodawg
paleodawg Forum Member • Posts: 95

I like those pics OP. It catches the somberness of scandinavia and the people's attempt of lessening it by colouring their houses.

OP rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 2,259

Here are a few more. Two murals that were near each other and a grab shot of "the birds".

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +6 more
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 3,730

Nicely done.  I keep telling myself that the EM1.1 loses very little important to the EM1.2 (I have to say that, I have two of them!)

Especially with a good lens, like you used here, there s nothing wrong with its images

tom

Jim Vincent Contributing Member • Posts: 974

Love the second shot - and my E-M1.1 which has also weathered some very wet conditions.

Jim Vincent's gear list:Jim Vincent's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Digital Dick Senior Member • Posts: 1,911

Love Bergen. I think I stayed at a Youth Hostel right near the third picture.

Dick

Digital Dick's gear list:Digital Dick's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads