Panasonic dc-zs70 video zoom issue

Started 2 months ago | Questions
Furon350 New Member • Posts: 1
Panasonic dc-zs70 video zoom issue

When taking video and zooming in, the camera will not stay in focus. Zooming back out the image will come back into focus. I have the Mode dial set to Auto but have tried other settings with the same results.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so what settings are you using?

My other cameras stays in focus when zooming in.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
DidierDCH Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: Panasonic dc-zs70 video zoom issue

Can you check that “continuous focus” is “on”?

Even so, though, the manual states that “When using zoom while recording motion pictures, it may take some time to focus.” So you could try half-pressing the shutter button to force the camera to refocus when you wish it to.

Didier

DidierDCH's gear list:DidierDCH's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
panoptic Regular Member • Posts: 215

DidierDCH wrote:

Can you check that “continuous focus” is “on”?

Even so, though, the manual states that “When using zoom while recording motion pictures, it may take some time to focus.” So you could try half-pressing the shutter button to force the camera to refocus when you wish it to.

Does that work WHILE recording a video? I thought the autofocus took over once the recording started.

Larry

Didier

panoptic's gear list:panoptic's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70
DidierDCH Regular Member • Posts: 336

panoptic wrote:

So you could try half-pressing the shutter button to force the camera to refocus when you wish it to.

Does that work WHILE recording a video? I thought the autofocus took over once the recording started.

Larry

It works on mine indeed. That feature is also described in the manual under “Adjusting the focus while recording motion pictures ([Continuous AF])”. It has some restrictions though:

”This function is not available in the following cases:
• While [Pull Focus] in [Snap Movie] is in operation. • When recording with [High Speed Video]
• When recording using [4K Live Cropping]”

You might want to take a look at the details in there?

Didier

DidierDCH's gear list:DidierDCH's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads