* The Weekly Image Thread 19 03 23 #353 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 32,836
Re: twinkle twinkle little stars

My understanding of how the handheld worked was that the camera did not move the sensor but relied upon the movement of the person holding the camera to shift the sensor.  I could be mistaken about that though.  I did read it somewhere but I don't recall where.

Andrew

Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 5,407
Re: The Birds

Where is Tippi Hedren?

Rich Z wrote:

I usually walk to this place. It's The Waterfront Trail along Eureka slough. I drove by today to observe a very low tide. There's a strong storm going on with squalls coming in off The Pacific, so I drove there.

I didn't expect that they'd recognize me inside the car before I got out. There were other cars there and they didn't mob them.

I keep the seeds in the boot of the car because I forget them in the house. I walk out and remember them in the car.

It's a good thing I do that. I wouldn't have got out of there alive without seeds. I remember how they tore up Suzanne Pleshette. Rich

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +23 more
Craig from Nevada
Re: twinkle twinkle little stars

Jvlahakis wrote:

The more I am using it, the greater the appreciation for what Olympus has created. I’ve only had it for a week, but the more I play with the cameras features, hand held hi res, camera’s ability to hold focus, AF is impressive, menu system is improved, the more impressed I am with it. Still playing with setting up the camera to my liking, but it’s a keeper. Haven’t played with video, but have shot wildlife and landscapes with it so far. The cameras weight isn’t an issue and the ergonomics are very nice.

I am looking forward to seeing more images and learning more about the camera.  I promised not to buy any gear this year, but the new year is fast approaching.

Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +23 more
Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 9,694

They do look like they've spent too many nights on The Clydeside, Dave.

Oysters are hard to catch, but not too smart.

You just get their attention, confuse them, and they come to you. Rich

Rich Z

I've lost track of Miss Hedren, Craig.

I no longer have the time to keep abreast of her as I now spend my time in a search for an Olympus camera which will continue to work after I've paid for it.

That search has been in vain since 2012.

Yet, I still have hope...and a bunch of lenses and flashes.   Rich

Craig from Nevada

Rich Z wrote:

I've lost track of Miss Hedren, Craig.

I no longer have the time to keep abreast of her as I now spend my time in a search for an Olympus camera which will continue to work after I've paid for it.

That search has been in vain since 2012.

Yet, I still have hope...and a bunch of lenses and flashes. Rich

Perhaps you need a Panasonic?

Rich Z

I have thought about a Panasonic, Craig. What holds me back is no auto focus for all my lenses but 3.

I never had auto focus until I got a digital camera. I really like it.

There's a short break in the storm today.  I'm going out right now to look for pix.

Oh, my, it rained hard yesterday.  It came in violent, individual squalls.

Rich

Craig from Nevada

Rich Z wrote:

I have thought about a Panasonic, Craig. What holds me back is no auto focus for all my lenses but 3.

I never had auto focus until I got a digital camera. I really like it.

There's a short break in the storm today. I'm going out right now to look for pix.

Oh, my, it rained hard yesterday. It came in violent, individual squalls.

Rich

Go disposable--get an ebay account and just buy some vintage e-620s as you need them.

Messier Object Veteran Member • Posts: 8,250

That last image is a beauty Rich !

As for the pigeons, I never used to give them much thought beyond the “swarming pest” or as they are known here “rats with wings”.

But that was before I found a dying one propped up against a shop window on a busy sidewalk. It looked like it has been hit by a car, covered in blood. When I passed back that way an hour later it was still there so I went back to the office and brought a cardboard box , put the bird in and took it to my car in the basement car park. I thought the poor bird should die somewhere other than on a sidewalk with uncaring humans taking no notice

When I left work that day I was surprised to find the bird was still alive.

I took it home, cleaned it up and gave it water. It had lice and other crawling things which I killed. It was pretty banged up and I didn’t expect it to live.

9 years later he is a member of our family, has an avery in the yard with grass and rocks, gets to sun and bath, walks the yard with the wild doves that visit (under supervision lest a falcon takes him), chases our dog, sleeps in my hand if I let him. He can’t fly but gets around just fine. If I open the back door he runs and comes in and goes straight to his cardboard box on the floor where he cuddles down with some small soft toys, and he will not poop in that box, even if he’s in there for hours - my wife reminds me to take the bird outside to poop.

Clean and free of parisites and bonded with humans this bird is a great pet, and away from other pigeons he has developed a unique personality and behaviour which is astonishing.

I look at pigeons differently now.

Thanks for telling your story and posting these pics.

Peter

Rich Z

That is a great and heartwarming story, Peter.

Thank you for posting it.

Around here, the rats with wings are the gulls. Beside the rest of their failings, they scream.

Please give your pigeon a seed for me. Rich

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads