* The Weekly Image Thread 19 03 23 #353 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 32,789
Re: Swans

Thanks.  Got up to plus 10 C today Joe, so things are looking up!!!!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Swans

Thanks Craig.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: Clouds Illusions

Great light on those clouds in the last Joe.  Back in the spring of 71 I walked up some supposedly famous hill in SF.  I think there was something at the top, perhaps a cross.  I am not remembering that very well other than the fact that it was a workout.  I may have pictures if I ever find my slides.  Will have to fire up the slide projector and see if it still works.

Andrew

Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 5,383
Re: Various and Sundry

Looks like more weather headed our way this week.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +23 more
Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 9,677

Yup.  The NWS office here on Woodley Island says rain every day until Saturday.

Well, I was in that office for a tour years ago and the boss had one of those old, black Magic 8 Balls on his desk.

And that's the truth.   Rich

Rich Z
Rich Z Veteran Member • Posts: 9,677
Re: Clouds Illusions

I like this set, Joe.

The second one is spooky and I saw clouds like that last one over Haight Street in 1968.

I still see them...sometimes.   Rich

Jvlahakis
Jvlahakis Regular Member • Posts: 300
twinkle twinkle little stars

Hand held hi res on a tripod

Jvlahakis's gear list:Jvlahakis's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Leica M-Monochrom Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH +7 more
Craig from Nevada

Rich Z wrote:

Yup. The NWS office here on Woodley Island says rain every day until Saturday.

Well, I was in that office for a tour years ago and the boss had one of those old, black Magic 8 Balls on his desk.

And that's the truth. Rich

Yeah, more rain here with snow in the mountains.  Hiking season will start late this year.

Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +23 more
Messier Object Veteran Member • Posts: 8,233
Re: Down by the Loch

Beautiful countryside, well captured as usual Dave.

We didn’t get over to that area back in ‘16, but looking again at the map, the loop around A83 - A816 - A818 would have been spectacular. Instead we went via Bridge of Orchy and Glenco heading north to Ft William and beyond, but our dive along A82 via Altnafeadh with snow from top to bottom on those hills was unforgettable.

You are fortunate to live in a place of largely unspoiled beauty, with freedom to roam.

Peter

Re: More New Zealand South Island Panoramas

Rich Z wrote:

Wonderfully beautiful views, Peter. The panos are excellent and the way to photograph there, in my opinion. There's no distortion as you'd get with an UWA lens.

I thought to tell your which I like best. No can do. I like them all.

Your compositions are just great.

I just found that a very interesting area to look down on with Google Earth. It appears to have been concentrated by Nature to hold a great many beautiful features.

Very nice work, indeed. Rich

Thanks Rich

Whenever we are in places like that I’ve developed the habit of shooting overlapping frames, portrait and landscape, so I can play with stitching when we get home. They don’t always work the way I expected them to. I also like to do a 360 degree video clips of about 30 sec

Google Earth is a big help to me when planning trips like that one, and later I like to go down to street view and compare my shots with what the Google cameras captured, often the seasonal changes are amazing.

Peter

Thankyou. The 4th is my favourite too. I think we took about 100 frames at that place.

peter

Thanks Dave. The lake shore was  a beautiful spot to stop, until the mosquitos and midges started to swarm and bite. We left a car door open and they filled the car - it was chaos for a while

Peter

Thanks Dicky. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that farming and pastoral practices over there have been kinder to their environment than what we’ve done to ours - proabaly all to do with water. Just looks what’s become of the Murray-Darling system here

Peter

It is a beautful place and only 3.5 hrs away by air for me, and very easy to get around - especially given that they drive on the correct side of the road 

We’ve only spent 3 days in Canada, and I think 3 months would still not be enough to see it properly

Peter

Craig from Nevada
Re: twinkle twinkle little stars

Very nice view. I like the color of the sky.   How do you like your E-M1X?

Jvlahakis wrote:

Hand held hi res on a tripod

photoholiko Senior Member • Posts: 2,499
Re: Blooms

Thank you Andrew.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Canon EOS 20D +28 more
Craig from Nevada
Re: Random Views

Very nice cityscapes.  The first is a very nice composition.

DickyAus Senior Member • Posts: 2,516
Re: This is supposed to be Autumn and it's still too damned hot.

Thanks Peter, the red was about 1½m - still a youngster. Brown - I wouldn't go near one in a fit.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +1 more

Thanks Dave, the heat is finally about to be replaced by our normal mild Autumn weather.

Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +1 more

Thanks Andrew, that was my first try at sunsets in a while; we really face the wrong way where we now live.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads