LackingCommonSensor
LackingCommonSensor Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: plane overhead

-- hide signature --

Joe

BostonBoy
OP BostonBoy Senior Member • Posts: 1,235
Re: #430|Sunrise

I think the pictures has a nice "balance" to it. Maybe it is the organic, rounded shapes in the foreground?!

BostonBoy's gear list:BostonBoy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1
BostonBoy

Hmmm….did you shoot this off a picture for the original Pen campaign? The plane would be fitting from the time. What's up with the vertical lines in the picture?!

Canon PowerShot G1
Peadingle
Peadingle Senior Member • Posts: 1,105
Re: #430|Sunrise

BostonBoy wrote:

I think the pictures has a nice "balance" to it. Maybe it is the organic, rounded shapes in the foreground?!

I think that (as you suggest) it is the balance that makes that picture. As photographers we probably prefer not to have houses etc in our landscape pictures, and I could have darkened the bottom of the picture to remove those rooftops completely. But I felt that the man-made shapes juxtaposed nicely with all the natural lines, so left them in. I also felt that it made the image more authentic.

-- hide signature --

"https://www.flickr.com/photos/6pix/"

Peadingle's gear list:Peadingle's gear list
Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Markr041 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,907
Monochrome Video!

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-5 +6 more
LackingCommonSensor

BostonBoy wrote:

Hmmm….did you shoot this off a picture for the original Pen campaign? The plane would be fitting from the time. What's up with the vertical lines in the picture?!

Ummmmmmmm, no. The vertical lines were a byproduct of the processing. Am I detecting some doubt on your part as to my picture's authenticity because your question reads that way. Not cool.

-- hide signature --

Joe

LackingCommonSensor
Re: #430|MONOCHROME THREAD|POST YOURS| *22Mar2019-29Mar2019*

This is a picture of the camera I used to take the other picture I posted here of the plane (different lens, of course). Taken with my iPhone with additional lighting via a flashlight. I'm quite fond of this particular combo. The Pen-F is my favorite camera over the last decade plus since I've been using digital cameras.

-- hide signature --

Joe

BostonBoy

LackingCommonSensor wrote:

BostonBoy wrote:

Ummmmmmmm, no. The vertical lines were a byproduct of the processing. Am I detecting some doubt on your part as to my picture's authenticity because your question reads that way. Not cool.

Joe - no offense. I did not want to step on your toes at all, and I certainly shouldn’t have made a comment in a rush this morning. Apologies.

Still I’m curious in regards to the vertical lines. At first I thought you might have shot an Orginal Pen with slide film and scanned it, than I thought you might have photographed your own slide from the past. As an Aviator I certainly liked your Sujet.

Do you know and can you explain what happened during the processing? Curious mind wants to understand....thanks.

Canon PowerShot G1
BostonBoy

This is a picture of the camera I used to take the other picture I posted here of the plane (different lens, of course). Taken with my iPhone with additional lighting via a flashlight. I'm quite fond of this particular combo. The Pen-F is my favorite camera over the last decade plus since I've been using digital cameras.

It’s a very cool camera and I like mine a lot. I have currently mounted the Sigma 56mm f1.4  and find it a great combination as well. Seems to be glued on for the last few weeks...

Canon PowerShot G1
Garry Schaefer Senior Member • Posts: 2,918
+1 on the First One (nt)
-- hide signature --

Garry

Garry Schaefer's gear list:Garry Schaefer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
LackingCommonSensor

I was experimenting with the camera's art effect bracketing feature so, I set up for about 10 of the effects. One of the one's I chose to process was used in my post here. This is one straight out of the camera. As you can see, the underside is dark. The one I used I lifted the shadows. I'm thinking the combination of the art effect and the processing introduced/revealed the vertical lines. Also, I happen to like using the Olympus apps (Photoshop Express) for quick processing on my iPhone; yes it's a smaller file as well. When I do that I've been adding the Olympus Pen logo of late (for my posts on social media like Facebook). All told, I definitely can see where the look of it could beg the question as to whether it was a shot of something other than the actual subject, like a tv monitor will produce on some images. So, no worries, it's all good. And, the fact that we are talking about the output isn't a bad thing.

Note: the plane was travelling towards the local airport nearby in Kissimmee.

BostonBoy wrote:

BostonBoy wrote:

Joe - no offense. I did not want to step on your toes at all, and I certainly shouldn’t have made a comment in a rush this morning. Apologies.

Still I’m curious in regards to the vertical lines. At first I thought you might have shot an Orginal Pen with slide film and scanned it, than I thought you might have photographed your own slide from the past. As an Aviator I certainly liked your Sujet.

Do you know and can you explain what happened during the processing? Curious mind wants to understand....thanks.

-- hide signature --

Joe

BostonBoy

Thank you Joe for writing up the detailed explanation! Learned something again - I started to use the new Olympus Workspace App on my PC, but I did not realize there was a mobile client from Olympus as well (did I get this right?!). I need to look that up.

Canon PowerShot G1
BostonBoy
Re: Monochrome Video!

This must be the first monochrome video I see posted since I moderate the MC thread.

Nice work! I see what you have done with the “watery” flow through the story. I think I need to learn some video techniques sooner or later, thanks for the stimulus!

Canon PowerShot G1
LackingCommonSensor

Olympus Pallette and Olympus Share are the apps.

Have a great day and I will post again here soon.

-- hide signature --

Joe

LackingCommonSensor

BostonBoy wrote:

It’s a very cool camera and I like mine a lot. I have currently mounted the Sigma 56mm f1.4 and find it a great combination as well. Seems to be glued on for the last few weeks...

You have to love the Sigma lenses, I've the 30mm 1.4 and its astoundingly good. I will check back here to see what you're doing with that one.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Geoliebert Regular Member • Posts: 100

Wispy clouds turn into something with a red filter dialed in.

alfredo_tomato
alfredo_tomato Veteran Member • Posts: 4,219
Re: +1 on the First One (nt)

Thank you

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
Reaper Regular Member • Posts: 260
I want you for the Queen's Army!

One of my good friends at Sherwood Forest Faire.

Reaper's gear list:Reaper's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads