Got my new X-T30 - Free Battery - No battery charger :(

Started Mar 20, 2019 | Discussions
Petrolhead
OP Petrolhead Regular Member • Posts: 198
Re: Got my new X-T30 - Free Battery - No battery charger :(

jemez wrote:

Gwenbeth wrote:

I'm still waiting on my x-t30, but for me the in-camera charging was a big plus. I already have bunches of usb c cables for charging my phone, so its compatible with my existing infrastructure.

I agree, especially for traveling. I always carry a 10,000mAH power pack as a backup an it would be nice to be able to use this on my camera in a pinch.

Valid point and had never thought of the advantage of carrying and using a power pack

Sophie Wilson Senior Member • Posts: 1,784

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Gwenbeth wrote:

I'm still waiting on my x-t30, but for me the in-camera charging was a big plus. I already have bunches of usb c cables for charging my phone, so its compatible with my existing infrastructure.

I'm wondering how fast the X-T30's in-camera charging is versus the external battery charger.

Good thing the battery has been around long enough to have a lot of reliable third party battery charging options.

The Fuji supplied charger is 5V 1A: in a moment of adventurousness I charged the Fuji supplied battery #2 with the Nikon Z7's charger which is 5V 3A - yes, it charged quicker, but its an unfair test since the base charge of the second battery is unknown. Anyway, I assume any USB C charger will at least function.

Sophie

Sophie Wilson's gear list:Sophie Wilson's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic ZS200 Nikon D7200 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +35 more
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Contributing Member • Posts: 860

IIRC, when the X-30 was released it did not include a separate battery charger. I had to purchase one for an additional $60 or so.

Let's just imagine you're on a cruise or vacationing in some posh resort somewhere. You've been out all day excursioning and capturing images. You return to your cabin/suite and need to charge your battery while you go out for the evening events. While you're out, your camera is sitting unprotected, unhidden so it can be charged because you didn't have a proper battery charger.

I'll admit that in-camera charging has it's advantages such as being able to charge two batteries simultaneously (one in-camera and one in the external charger). But no thanks to that being my only option. Had too many things stolen over the years. Gotta' keep the honest people honest, at least try.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there isn't someone would like to have my camera (or the money they could sell it for).

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
concorde 1954 Regular Member • Posts: 130

Why a problem,I charge my X30 over night through  my USB lead so ready for the next day.

concorde 1954's gear list:concorde 1954's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Gwenbeth Junior Member • Posts: 32

Sophie Wilson wrote:

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Gwenbeth wrote:

I'm wondering how fast the X-T30's in-camera charging is versus the external battery charger.

Good thing the battery has been around long enough to have a lot of reliable third party battery charging options.

The Fuji supplied charger is 5V 1A: in a moment of adventurousness I charged the Fuji supplied battery #2 with the Nikon Z7's charger which is 5V 3A - yes, it charged quicker, but its an unfair test since the base charge of the second battery is unknown. Anyway, I assume any USB C charger will at least function.

Sophie

As soon as mine comes in I'll try charging it with a usb power meter plugged in and see how many amps it pulls.  And I'm totally fan girling here because I looked at your website and apparently you are THE Sophie Wilson.

Gwenbeth's gear list:Gwenbeth's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30
Gwenbeth Junior Member • Posts: 32

It draws 0.87 amps while charging. I got the same result with the included charger and another charger I have.

Gwenbeth's gear list:Gwenbeth's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30
kiwidad Regular Member • Posts: 409

I noticed the USB charger in the box and thought the same. Having said that, and I used my X-e2 charger to charge the battery., My X-A3 didn't come with a charger either. I shot yesterday at a track meet from 9 to almost 4. All video and 1080 at the 5oMB data rate. This puppy is thirsty! I spent most of the day tethered to a usb power pack!  Luckily I had one on hand for my phone. I see a fat anker in my future!

kiwidad's gear list:kiwidad's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +8 more
ABD79 New Member • Posts: 1

It must just be missing for some reason. My T30 came Roth just a lead and a plug that I had to put an included adapter on to plug in. You keep the battery in the camera and just plug the lead in to the camera and then plug it in the wall. If that helps any? Mine just arrived today and is charging now.

Petrolhead
OP Petrolhead Regular Member • Posts: 198

ABD79 wrote:

It must just be missing for some reason. My T30 came Roth just a lead and a plug that I had to put an included adapter on to plug in. You keep the battery in the camera and just plug the lead in to the camera and then plug it in the wall. If that helps any? Mine just arrived today and is charging now.

Are you US based

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads