Capitol Hill

Started 2 months ago | Photos
Vikas M Gore
Vikas M Gore Senior Member • Posts: 2,290
Capitol Hill

Our usual morning walk.

The church is now three apartments - something a little sad about that though I am hardly religious.

Moth with an M10 and 35mm Summilux.

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore's gear list:Vikas M Gore's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10 Leica CL
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jay OC Contributing Member • Posts: 554
Re: Capitol Hill

Both are good examples of the quality the image the camera can produce. The compositions do not excite me though. I think #1 would have been better once you passed the house with the recycling bin out front. Just my opinion though.

Jay OC's gear list:Jay OC's gear list
Nikon D7100 Leica CL Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Leica Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
deepiReview Regular Member • Posts: 427

I like the light. Re. recycling bin, I am no artist to take my comment FWIW - I would say it could be considered as balancing out the sewer cover on the right in which case stepping back a bit to get the full cover would be interesting.

Re. church that is now an apartment - well that's quite interesting and a new one for me.

-- hide signature --
Vikas M Gore
OP Vikas M Gore Senior Member • Posts: 2,290

Jay OC wrote:

Both are good examples of the quality the image the camera can produce. The compositions do not excite me though. I think #1 would have been better once you passed the house with the recycling bin out front. Just my opinion though.

You are very right!

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore

deepiReview wrote:

I like the light. Re. recycling bin, I am no artist to take my comment FWIW - I would say it could be considered as balancing out the sewer cover on the right in which case stepping back a bit to get the full cover would be interesting.

Re. church that is now an apartment - well that's quite interesting and a new one for me.

Three apartments - at well over 2 million each!

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

bosjohn21
bosjohn21 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,636

churches wearhouses and schook houses do make some unusual and dramating living spaces.  My condo in Watertown ma was in an 1816 army arsenal building and was therefore named the Arsenal condominiums, such originality.

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Same trend here in Jersey City for years - old bank buildings, factories are now lofts and apartments selling at sky-high prices. Can't fault the construction though, some of these old buildings are built to survive an apocalypse.

-- hide signature --
Vikas M Gore

bosjohn21 wrote:

churches wearhouses and schook houses do make some unusual and dramating living spaces. My condo in Watertown ma was in an 1816 army arsenal building and was therefore named the Arsenal condominiums, such originality.

Till I was nine I my family lived in old army Barack’s in Delhi that had been repurposed after Indian independence in ‘47 into India’s first School of Social Work.  Old memories but very good ones.  Tall ceilings, large overhangs, high level ventilators - the British civil engineers had figured out how to make people comfortable in the hot summers.

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

churches wearhouses and schook houses do make some unusual and dramating living spaces. My condo in Watertown ma was in an 1816 army arsenal building and was therefore named the Arsenal condominiums, such originality.

Till I was nine I my family lived in old army Barack’s in Delhi that had been repurposed after Indian independence in ‘47 into India’s first School of Social Work. Old memories but very good ones. Tall ceilings, large overhangs, high level ventilators - the British civil engineers had figured out how to make people comfortable in the hot summers.

Interesting. I spent many a summer in Summer Hill, near Shimla. The Viceregal Lodge (which later became Indian Institute of Advanced Study where dad was a fellow) there was quite an engineering masterpiece with piping systems for hot/cold water and a steam powered electric generator back when it was built. Same for numerous bridges in that mountainous region that connected Kalka station to Shimla on the "toy train" railway - built during the British era and still operational.
------
instagram.com/photosbyeerajq
https://eerajqaisar.smugmug.com
https://www.facebook.com/ejqtravel

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads