50mm

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
SLN001
SLN001 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,578
Re: Jupiter-8 2.0/50 on Sony A6000

Trebor1 wrote:

SLN001 wrote:

Trooper knows that he just chased Smoky under that chair, so just where did she disappear to?

Hi,

The f-number used on the Jupiter-8 2.0/50, Jupiter-3 1,5/50 and Carl Zeiss Ultron 1.8/50 is not shown on your photos. Are these all taken at maximum aperture, or at f/2.0?

How do you rate these 3 lenses, I assume the Ultron has the best resolution but how about in terms of the overall rendering? How good is the Jupiter-8 compared to the Jupiter-3, at f/2.0 and f/2.8?

I am afraid that I can't give you aperture levels for the shots as I rarely recorded that information. I will say that most of the shots posted were taken wide open or close to it. That was my habit until last year when I started forcing myself to try different things. The maple syrup shot, for example, was taken at 5.6. Between the three lenses you pointed out I would rate them 1. Ultron 2. J-8 and 3. J-3, although if I were primarily a portrait shooter the two Jupiters would likely be reversed. The J-8 and J-3 are so close from f/2 on that unless you need the f/1.5 speed the J-3 isn't worth the extra cost.

Today I have sold off the Ultron (replaced by a Zenitar M 1.7/50) and the J-3 (replaced by a pre-war Zeiss Jena 1.5/50 Sonnar). The J-8 used then has been superceded by a 1951 model with Schott glass.

-- hide signature --

Steve
Just an Armadillo on the shoulder of the information superhighway.

SLN001's gear list:SLN001's gear list
Sony a7 II Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
silverspoon Regular Member • Posts: 271
Canon FL 50mm Macro

Fig tree

-- hide signature --

Old a6300

Kevner Regular Member • Posts: 454
Olympus OM 50mm f1.4 MC

This is one of my 50's that I didn't have a readily available image for.  Took this today along the Truckee.  A little bit of PP on an OOC jpeg.  Challenging lighting.  Shot wide open.

The not so intrepid mallard.  OM 50mm f1.4 MC   Shot at f1.4

Kevner's gear list:Kevner's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II
Serge 07
Serge 07 Regular Member • Posts: 409
Nikkor 50/2

Hi, everyone:

Took these in the Carmel area with the little Nikkor and Fuji X-E1. Amazing that one can find these lenses in like new condition down to the original factory packaging.

Mission Ranch @ f/2.8:

This one is at Pebble Beach along the 17 mile scenic drive. It is a stunning beautiful area full of wild life. The tiny island is crowded with seals and birds.

Regards,

Serge

Serge 07's gear list:Serge 07's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Brian Zhou Regular Member • Posts: 151
Nikkor, Zuiko, Pentax A ...

Nikon Nikkor AI 50mm ƒ/2

Olympus Zuiko Macro 50mm ƒ/2

SMC Pentax-A 50mm ƒ/1.7

SMC Pentax-A Macro 50mm ƒ/2.8

multisystem Regular Member • Posts: 164
Re: Nikkor, Zuiko, Pentax A ...

Nice set - I like the variety too.

multisystem's gear list:multisystem's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Nikon D610 Sony a6000 Sony a7 II Sony a7R II +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts: