Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
vegetaleb
vegetaleb Senior Member • Posts: 1,159
Re: The Peak Design could be your problem

What about stock strap or plastic quick straps? I am using the stock for now but I have a Kaiser strap that I would use in summer http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/produkte/2_1_produktanzeige.asp?nr=6780

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/
My shutterstock https://www.shutterstock.com/g/jeffmerheb
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/147690104@N02/

vegetaleb's gear list:vegetaleb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,848
Re: Guys!

Bob Tullis wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

ViMa wrote:

Jakes wrote:

When I get a new shotgun I scratch the stock on a barbed wire fence so I don't have to worry about when it will happen.

When I buy a car I crash it when driving on the highway so I won't have to worry when it happens.

When I go to th doctor, I ask him to infect me with every germ at his disposal so I don’t have to worry about contracting something accidentally.

Are you ignoring what Jake said he has in hand. Just sayin'. . . ???

What? That he has a shotgun? Doesn't everyone?

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Re: Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

When I get a new shotgun I scratch the stock on a barbed wire fence so I don't have to worry about when it will happen.

No guessing what part of the world you’re from

I don't know, what part of the country doesn't have an active sports shooting population? Idaho? Montana? Colorado? Dakotas? Utah? Texas? Arkansas? Michigan? Florida? Alabama? Tennessee? Virginia? West Virginia? Kentucky? Wyoming? Nevada?

Or what city doesn't have an active criminal shooting population? Baltimore? New York? Oakland? LA? Miami? DC? Atlanta? New Orleans?

I'm dying to know. What part of the country is obviously a "shotgun region"? Yes, he's from Texas, but saying where a person is from because they mention a shotgun is frankly prejudiced.

when you can casually compare a camera to a shotgun...

They both shoot. What's your major malfunction over a shotgun?

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 37,577

stevo23 wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

ViMa wrote:

Jakes wrote:

When I buy a car I crash it when driving on the highway so I won't have to worry when it happens.

When I go to th doctor, I ask him to infect me with every germ at his disposal so I don’t have to worry about contracting something accidentally.

Priceless!

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R II Fujifilm X100F Sony RX1R II +1 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,569

stevo23 wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

I don't know, what part of the country doesn't have an active sports shooting population? Idaho? Montana? Colorado? Dakotas? Utah? Texas? Arkansas? Michigan? Florida? Alabama? Tennessee? Virginia? West Virginia? Kentucky? Wyoming? Nevada?

Or what city doesn't have an active criminal shooting population? Baltimore? New York? Oakland? LA? Miami? DC? Atlanta? New Orleans?

I'm dying to know. What part of the country is obviously a "shotgun region"? Yes, he's from Texas, but saying where a person is from because they mention a shotgun is frankly prejudiced.

Umm, I believe the comment was “what part of the world you are from?”  There may be some differences between various states in the US, but once you travel beyond the US border, things change dramatically with respect to attitudes towards guns.

But then again, this is getting pretty OT (and potentially controversial), wouldn’t you think?

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

Umm, I believe the comment was “what part of the world you are from?” There may be some differences between various states in the US, but once you travel beyond the US border, things change dramatically with respect to attitudes towards guns.

But then again, this is getting pretty OT (and potentially controversial), wouldn’t you think?

Good point.

So in revision - "what city of the world doesn't have an active criminal shooting population? São Paulo (and many other places in Brazil)? London? Montreal? BeiJing? Rome? Moscow? Istanbul? Mexico City? Juarez? Reynosa(personal experience) Cali? Capetown? Caracas!?

Just sayin', the comment was...unwarranted I think.

Okay, okay. I'll stop.

Jerry-astro

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

Umm, I believe the comment was “what part of the world you are from?” There may be some differences between various states in the US, but once you travel beyond the US border, things change dramatically with respect to attitudes towards guns.

Good point.

So in revision - "what city of the world doesn't have an active criminal shooting population? São Paulo (and many other places in Brazil)? London? Montreal? BeiJing? Rome? Moscow? Istanbul? Mexico City? Juarez? Reynosa(personal experience) Cali? Capetown? Caracas!?

Okay, okay. I'll stop.

Thank you.  I doubt we’d disagree on the fact that photography is plenty controversial enough as it is.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

Good point.

Okay, okay. I'll stop.

Thank you. I doubt we’d disagree on the fact that photography is plenty controversial enough as it is.

LOL. It does seem to be. Has always been.

Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 4,511

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Thank you. I doubt we’d disagree on the fact that photography is plenty controversial enough as it is.

Yes, let's put a ban on discussing photography on this forum 

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sigma DP2 Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Jerry-astro

Sjak wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Unlikely, though I'd have to admit that it would sure make my job a lot easier.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro wrote:

Sjak wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Let's just talk about politics instead.

DJ2014 Regular Member • Posts: 339

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Sjak wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Let's just talk about politics instead.

Yes, that will bring us all together and in agreement

Jakes Senior Member • Posts: 1,948

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

Good point.

Okay, okay. I'll stop.

Doesn't seem to be as controversial as owning a shotgun... or several...  all with scratches on their stocks.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

Jakes Senior Member • Posts: 1,948

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

No guessing what part of the world you’re from when you can casually compare a camera to a shotgun...

We hunt and photograph...most everywhere.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

DHAPhotography
DHAPhotography Contributing Member • Posts: 520

bobotoka wrote:

Recently i bought Fuji X-T3 camera and sold my old Canon 600D. I used that camera for 6.5 years and before selling it was in mint condition, really – like a new camera. And I really carried it everywhere.

Then I got Fuji X-T3 and after only 3 weeks of using it sync terminal button fell off from the body and camera was scratched – it looks like I was dragging it on a floor. Since I am very careful with my gear I don't know how it's possible that camera which was basically "camera of the 2018". During that time I event didn't put my camera on a tripod.

Tried to contact Fuji headquarters – no response. Contacted local Fuji distributor and they respond after 3 weeks – but I needed to contact national body for customer protection to reach to Fuji. They told me that it's my fault and they cannot do anything. They even told me that is normal for sync terminal to fell off since its removable???

If I can make any conclusion it seems like Fuji didn't do a good job in final production – they should put some kind of protective layer on silver area of a camera.

And now I don't know what to do. I like camera performance by now but I am afraid that I need to use this camera with several protective cases on it and have gloves on my hand to not get it completely scratched

Any thoughts or advices?

Thank you

Too funny. Fuji ain't Walmart where you buy a printer on a Friday, print a book on the weekend, and return the printer on a Monday with an empty ink cartridge and ask for, and get, your money back. You'll need to work a different angle. lol.

-- hide signature --

DH Allison...Carpe Diem...the Reaper comes soon enough.

DHAPhotography's gear list:DHAPhotography's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T20 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Justin9999 Contributing Member • Posts: 670

stevo23 wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

ViMa wrote:

Jakes wrote:

I got my first shotgun at 14... or was it 12?

-- hide signature --

Assume you know a lot more than me and teach me at will.

Justin9999's gear list:Justin9999's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-H1 XF 90mm Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,986
in a word no ...

in a word no ... Why would Fuji replace a non defective unit ?

1:- the thing that fell off was a plastic cover not the Sync terminal - they fall off all cameras and have done for decades from being pulled in and out of bags etc , they`re cheap to buy and a standard fit from early film SLR days

2:- Fuji silver cameras are painted and it scratches off pretty easily , My XE1 looks a right shed, it`s black primed underneath the silver ....... the answer is to get a BLACK one , the finish it tougher and easier to touch up if these things bother you

3:- the 600D didn`t scratch because it`s made of plastic, you can Gouge it but it takes far more abuse to do that ..

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Contributing Member • Posts: 628

bobotoka wrote:

Recently i bought Fuji X-T3 camera and sold my old Canon 600D. I used that camera for 6.5 years and before selling it was in mint condition, really – like a new camera. And I really carried it everywhere.

Then I got Fuji X-T3 and after only 3 weeks of using it sync terminal button fell off from the body and camera was scratched – it looks like I was dragging it on a floor. Since I am very careful with my gear I don't know how it's possible that camera which was basically "camera of the 2018". During that time I event didn't put my camera on a tripod.

Tried to contact Fuji headquarters – no response. Contacted local Fuji distributor and they respond after 3 weeks – but I needed to contact national body for customer protection to reach to Fuji. They told me that it's my fault and they cannot do anything. They even told me that is normal for sync terminal to fell off since its removable???

If I can make any conclusion it seems like Fuji didn't do a good job in final production – they should put some kind of protective layer on silver area of a camera.

And now I don't know what to do. I like camera performance by now but I am afraid that I need to use this camera with several protective cases on it and have gloves on my hand to not get it completely scratched

Any thoughts or advices?

Thank you

Battle scars!

Yeah it's a bummer when your new gear gets a bugger but that's life. Does the camera still work?

Then put some gaffers tape over the sync terminal and go out and take photo's. That is the reason you purchased it, right?

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +5 more
Chris Dubea
Chris Dubea Senior Member • Posts: 1,793
Re: Looks like you used one of those Blackrapid straps...

rwbaron wrote

Great point.

I use a Black Rapid shoulder strap with my X-T2/grip and 100-400 but the strap is attached to the zoom's tripod bracket. I've noticed that the design of their straps leave much to be desired regarding cosmetic damage to bodies.

Bob

Agree completely with this. I had my then new X-Pro1 on one while crossing Westminister bridge in London. I wasn't paying to much attention and the camera bashed into those black poles that were recently installed to prevent cars from running up on the sidewalk.

Put a nice ding in the camera and scratched the rear display. Needless to say, I was a bit chuffed.  I was much more careful after that......

-- hide signature --

Chris

Chris Dubea's gear list:Chris Dubea's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads