Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,656
Re: Not a lot of sympathy here...

bobotoka wrote:

Have 3 posts only because from time to time I like to read what people are discussing and didn't have any problem by now. I'd rather go out and shoot with my camera then posting something on forums.

Reading all comments it looks like everyone think that I wasn't careful with the camera and I expected that. I was only comparing it to my old Canon which handled more "beating and abusing" during years and I didn't have any problems.

I know how I was handling the camera so for and for me it's not normal that camera like Fuji X-T3 can easily get scratched.

And probably because of the responses like yours I wan't be making any posts in future.

Cheers

The post asking if you used a black rapid type strap seemed worthy of a response? DId you ?

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoc/
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Fujifilm X-H1
OP bobotoka New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Not a lot of sympathy here...

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

bobotoka wrote:

Have 3 posts only because from time to time I like to read what people are discussing and didn't have any problem by now. I'd rather go out and shoot with my camera then posting something on forums.

Reading all comments it looks like everyone think that I wasn't careful with the camera and I expected that. I was only comparing it to my old Canon which handled more "beating and abusing" during years and I didn't have any problems.

I know how I was handling the camera so for and for me it's not normal that camera like Fuji X-T3 can easily get scratched.

And probably because of the responses like yours I wan't be making any posts in future.

Cheers

The post asking if you used a black rapid type strap seemed worthy of a response? DId you ?

I didn't use black rapid strap. I had Peak Design hand leash on it but I removed that now. Bought leather case just to prevent future scratches, but I think in near future I will buy battery grip since I am shooting time lapse more often now. Hope this all will prevent it from further scratches.

vegetaleb
vegetaleb Senior Member • Posts: 1,158
Re: Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

bobotoka wrote:

Recently i bought Fuji X-T3 camera and sold my old Canon 600D. I used that camera for 6.5 years and before selling it was in mint condition, really – like a new camera. And I really carried it everywhere.

Then I got Fuji X-T3 and after only 3 weeks of using it sync terminal button fell off from the body and camera was scratched – it looks like I was dragging it on a floor. Since I am very careful with my gear I don't know how it's possible that camera which was basically "camera of the 2018". During that time I event didn't put my camera on a tripod.

Tried to contact Fuji headquarters – no response. Contacted local Fuji distributor and they respond after 3 weeks – but I needed to contact national body for customer protection to reach to Fuji. They told me that it's my fault and they cannot do anything. They even told me that is normal for sync terminal to fell off since its removable???

If I can make any conclusion it seems like Fuji didn't do a good job in final production – they should put some kind of protective layer on silver area of a camera.

And now I don't know what to do. I like camera performance by now but I am afraid that I need to use this camera with several protective cases on it and have gloves on my hand to not get it completely scratched

Any thoughts or advices?

Thank you

If it was like that from day 1 then I bet it was a display model that stayed in a showroom for weeks.

My 1st x-t10 body was scratched and it had a hundred of spots on the sensor, I returned it the second day, the shop replaced it saying it was indeed a showroom model and they didn't know how it ended for sale

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/
My shutterstock https://www.shutterstock.com/g/jeffmerheb
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/147690104@N02/

vegetaleb's gear list:vegetaleb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,548
To summarize...

bobotoka wrote:

Cheers

Well, to be honest, if the responses here are that offensive to you, then I'd probably have to suggest that you might be happier not participating in the discussions here anyway. As many have pointed out, cameras don't scratch themselves. My own experience is that some level of mishandling will result in scratches, mars, or other such things in most any piece of equipment, including cameras. And I haven't found Fuji's gear to be any more susceptible to this than any of the other cameras I've used -- most notably Canon. After all, we're talking about gear here which is intended to be used and handled, not jewelry.

I'm not entirely sure what you expected here, whether it was more sympathy or agreement that Fuji's cameras might be easier to scratch than others. Unfortunately, I don't believe this to be the case and unless you were to acknowledge that perhaps you shared a bit of blame for any scratches that occurred, I doubt that the conversation would have ended up any differently. You can try posting this in a different forum somewhere and perhaps you'll get a more sympathetic audience. However, it's my humble opinion that you're trying to blame the gear and the build quality for something that is of your own doing... to be blunt.

Regardless, i sincerely hope you find something out there that better meets your needs and makes you happy.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Jakes Senior Member • Posts: 1,948

When I get a new shotgun I scratch the stock on a barbed wire fence so I don't have to worry about when it will happen.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

ViMa
ViMa Senior Member • Posts: 1,349

Jakes wrote:

When I get a new shotgun I scratch the stock on a barbed wire fence so I don't have to worry about when it will happen.

When I buy a car I crash it when driving on the highway so I won't have to worry when it happens.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Vittorio

ViMa's gear list:ViMa's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR 7artisans 35mm F1.2 +2 more
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,341

Jakes wrote:

No guessing what part of the world you’re from when you can casually compare a camera to a shotgun...

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Sony a9 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,045
Re: The Peak Design could be your problem

bobotoka wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

bobotoka wrote:

Cheers

I didn't use black rapid strap. I had Peak Design hand leash on it but I removed that now. Bought leather case just to prevent future scratches, but I think in near future I will buy battery grip since I am shooting time lapse more often now. Hope this all will prevent it from further scratches.

The Peak Design could be the problem here - did you see this review and the comments from users?

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/new-gear-impressions-peak-design-leash-cuff-shoulder-wrist-strap

stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,796

ViMa wrote:

Jakes wrote:

When I buy a car I crash it when driving on the highway so I won't have to worry when it happens.

When I go to th doctor, I ask him to infect me with every germ at his disposal so I don’t have to worry about contracting something accidentally.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
DJ2014 Regular Member • Posts: 339

noggin2k1 wrote:

Jakes wrote:

No guessing what part of the world you’re from when you can casually compare a camera to a shotgun...

Finland?

thoth22 Regular Member • Posts: 324

A few months ago there was a post on e0shd with a member that experienced more breakage than this on his two xt3's within a similar time frame.  It happens, perhaps from the same batch.  You can probably find the post if you look, though it was a few months ago when I read it.  In general, everything is pretty much made like crap now compared to 30 years ago.  I can't even find super glue that actually holds anything together anymore.

thoth22's gear list:thoth22's gear list
Sony a7 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +5 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 37,575
Guys!

stevo23 wrote:

ViMa wrote:

Jakes wrote:

When I go to th doctor, I ask him to infect me with every germ at his disposal so I don’t have to worry about contracting something accidentally.

Are you ignoring what Jake said he has in hand.   Just sayin'. . . ???

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X100F +1 more

thoth22 wrote:

A few months ago there was a post on e0shd with a member that experienced more breakage than this on his two xt3's within a similar time frame. It happens, perhaps from the same batch. You can probably find the post if you look, though it was a few months ago when I read it. In general, everything is pretty much made like crap now compared to 30 years ago. I can't even find super glue that actually holds anything together anymore.

You are so right. When you scratch the crap out of stuff it gets scratched. Not like the old days

rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083

thoth22 wrote:

A few months ago there was a post on e0shd with a member that experienced more breakage than this on his two xt3's within a similar time frame. It happens, perhaps from the same batch. You can probably find the post if you look, though it was a few months ago when I read it. In general, everything is pretty much made like crap now compared to 30 years ago. I can't even find super glue that actually holds anything together anymore.

Nothing "broke" on the OP's X-T3. He lost a cap for a port and scratched the top and bottom plates by careless handling.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
OP bobotoka New Member • Posts: 6
Re: The Peak Design could be your problem

Canadianguy wrote:

bobotoka wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

bobotoka wrote:

Cheers

The Peak Design could be the problem here - did you see this review and the comments from users?

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/new-gear-impressions-peak-design-leash-cuff-shoulder-wrist-strap

Yes I saw it and also thought that could be a problem... But I only had that small attachment part on camera in my backpack, didn't have a whole strap so I am not 100% sure. Either way, I didn't think/expect that Fuji X-T3 could scratch so easily because I didn't have problem with my previous camera. Probably for future Fuji X-T3 owners is better to buy black model.

thoth22 wrote:

Share the link or it didn't happen.

As for superglue, it's actually more effective today than originally.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more

DJ2014 wrote:

thoth22 wrote:

You are so right. When you scratch the crap out of stuff it gets scratched. Not like the old days

I know, the old days were incredible. I demonstrated the amazing durability of things one time by dragging my Nikon FM along the pavement for 4 miles at 35mph. Camera was like new without a scratch, but man did it leave a furrow in the pavement!

mustaphapashu Regular Member • Posts: 205

bobotoka wrote:

Recently i bought Fuji X-T3 camera and sold my old Canon 600D. I used that camera for 6.5 years and before selling it was in mint condition, really – like a new camera. And I really carried it everywhere.

Then I got Fuji X-T3 and after only 3 weeks of using it sync terminal button fell off from the body and camera was scratched – it looks like I was dragging it on a floor. Since I am very careful with my gear I don't know how it's possible that camera which was basically "camera of the 2018". During that time I event didn't put my camera on a tripod.

Tried to contact Fuji headquarters – no response. Contacted local Fuji distributor and they respond after 3 weeks – but I needed to contact national body for customer protection to reach to Fuji. They told me that it's my fault and they cannot do anything. They even told me that is normal for sync terminal to fell off since its removable???

If I can make any conclusion it seems like Fuji didn't do a good job in final production – they should put some kind of protective layer on silver area of a camera.

And now I don't know what to do. I like camera performance by now but I am afraid that I need to use this camera with several protective cases on it and have gloves on my hand to not get it completely scratched

Any thoughts or advices?

Thank you

Do you also return kitchen knives to the manufacturer for replacement when they get "scratched" and "dull" from use?

It's just a camera!!

stevo23 wrote:

DJ2014 wrote:

thoth22 wrote:

I know, the old days were incredible. I demonstrated the amazing durability of things one time by dragging my Nikon FM along the pavement for 4 miles at 35mph. Camera was like new without a scratch, but man did it leave a furrow in the pavement!

LOL!!! So you're the reason why the roads in Michigan are so bad.

DJ2014 wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

DJ2014 wrote:

thoth22 wrote:

LOL!!! So you're the reason why the roads in Michigan are so bad.

Only two seasons - winter and road repair.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads