** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 24 FEB - 02 MAR**

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,600
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 24 FEB - 02 MAR**

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section. Also help ful to some of us who are less traveled to talk about the location of your photo if possible

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to Fuji.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,600
Playing With Filters -- Seashore Scene

Hello Everyone,

One of those extremely busy weeks when the only photos taken were from 2 private gigs of people…..no time for pleasurable shooting. So looking back at some past images I came across one (non-Fuji) that I was testing some creative filters. Subject was acceptable and I recall using some enhanced contrast and colors for a late afternoon scene at the beach in Laguna, CA. This is what I came up with. Try it on your big screen monitor(s) and let me know how it looks

Keep those images comin……

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,816
Screech Owl in the woods

After a bit of a hiatus from owling, we ventured out yesterday and were fortunate enough to come across a pretty, but rather reclusive Screech Owl hiding in and among a large thicket. Finding an angle without some sort of branches interfering with the FOV was very challenging, but we were finally able get a decently unobscured view. This little guy was in the process of waking up from his afternoon nap and getting ready to fly out and hunt for dinner (which he did 20 or so minutes after we starting photographing him).

Screech Owl with eyes barely open -- working his way awake

Screech Owl fully awake and ready for the hunt

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
ArmandvdMerwe Junior Member • Posts: 42
Downtown Johannesburg

ArmandvdMerwe's gear list:ArmandvdMerwe's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
kon1943
kon1943 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Bridge at Sunrise

5th St. Bridge acrossed the Raccoon River

Fuji x-t1 18-55 mm @ 18

kon1943's gear list:kon1943's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
mfkenney New Member • Posts: 14
A walk in the park

Carkeek Park, Seattle, WA

mfkenney's gear list:mfkenney's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
dv312
dv312 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,626
Wildlife at San Joaquin River NWR

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3
Kottan
Kottan Regular Member • Posts: 145
The Color's Return

Fujifilm X-T3, Fujinon 50-140 @f2.8

End of winter in the wetlands of eastern Austria.

Kottan's gear list:Kottan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Nazpharoz Forum Member • Posts: 88
Gristmill “de Nachtegaal”

The old gristmill in the Beemster, the Netherlands. The mill has been build around 1700.

Nazpharoz's gear list:Nazpharoz's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
jtr27 Senior Member • Posts: 2,298
Hiking Mount Jefferson, New Hampshire

Mount Jefferson is the third highest peak in New England at 5,712', a bit harder to reach than some of the other high peaks.  We took the Jewell and Gulfside trails, a round trip of ~11 miles.  The trails were "broken out" but still soft.  We used snowshoes to treeline, and then switched over to spikes.

All with my X-E2s and 18-55mm.

A view into Burt Ravine.  Tracks and a trestle of the Mount Washington Cog Railway are visible.  The railway has been in operation since the 1860's and will commemorate their 150th year of operation this year.

Katie has her big radar dish ears deployed (upper right).  I'd better add that Katie is a dog.    Beyond her in the distance we see Mount Monroe which we hiked the prior weekend.

Wind-sculpted snow.   Mount Clay in the background

Mount Washington behind Mount Clay.

Climbing out of the col between Clay and Jefferson, and now we have an unobstructed view of Washington and the spectacular Great Gulf.

I enjoy the historic place names of the White Mountains.  This plateau at ~5,400' just south of the Mount Jefferson summit is called the Monticello Lawn.  Not looking so much like a lawn at the moment, but beautiful at any time of year.

One of my two (human) hiking companions that day adds a sense of scale.

Here, we have just topped out on Jefferson and descended a short distance, to have a quick snack before starting our long descent.  Which unfortunately includes going part way back up Mount Clay.   Our legs are weary and really not very keen on climbing at this point.

This was a long and challenging day.  By the time we got back to our cars, it was dusk.  For a few brief minutes, alpenglow turned all the mountains pink. I did not take any shots of that as the view was obstructed.  We convened to Fabyan's restaurant (a former train station) in Bretton Woods for life-giving fluid and calorie replenishment!

I am moving pretty slowly today, after having hiked two five thousand footers in seven days.  But grateful at very nearly 59 to still be able to do this, and for good friends with whom to share the trail.

-- hide signature --
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,902
Re: Playing With Filters -- Seashore Scene

Nice composition. The blue looks a bit over saturated to me, but not offensively so.

JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,902
Re: Hiking Mount Jefferson, New Hampshire

Epic hike and wonderful images.  Thanks for sharing the adventure.

JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Darrell52 Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
Re: Varadero Cuba

Darrell52's gear list:Darrell52's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +14 more
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 838
Prague

Stairwell of the City Hall tower

The Spanish Synagogue

St Nicholas church

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +4 more
Re: Wildlife at San Joaquin River NWR

Still chilly there?  I imagine it is as green as it can be with all our rain this winter?

Bob

This was a long and challenging day. By the time we got back to our cars, it was dusk. For a few brief minutes, alpenglow turned all the mountains pink. I did not take any shots of that as the view was obstructed. We convened to Fabyan's restaurant (a former train station) in Bretton Woods for life-giving fluid and calorie replenishment!

I am moving pretty slowly today, after having hiked two five thousand footers in seven days. But grateful at very nearly 59 to still be able to do this, and for good friends with whom to share the trail.

At 59 I could do the same except I don't do ice and snow....so KUDOS to your adventuresome spirit and thanks for some great photos!

Bob

PS...... I am a bit older now but not much!  

JS Burnie wrote:

Nice composition. The blue looks a bit over saturated to me, but not offensively so.

It was my intent to come up with an "overdone" scene. Also at the time went the other direction with monochrome and not dissatisfied with it:

Jerry-astro

Excellent images and a great story.  I have a few years on you, but totally admire your ability to hike in such challenging conditions.  Thanks very much for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Jerry-astro

BobsYourUncle wrote:

JS Burnie wrote:

It was my intent to come up with an "overdone" scene. Also at the time went the other direction with monochrome and not dissatisfied with it:

I like them both, though I think I favor the color version a bit because the color contrast in the foreground seems to make the image more interesting to my eyes, anyway. Both are excellent.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Morris0
Morris0 Senior Member • Posts: 9,347
Re: Screech Owl in the woods

Jerry-astro wrote:

After a bit of a hiatus from owling, we ventured out yesterday and were fortunate enough to come across a pretty, but rather reclusive Screech Owl hiding in and among a large thicket. Finding an angle without some sort of branches interfering with the FOV was very challenging, but we were finally able get a decently unobscured view. This little guy was in the process of waking up from his afternoon nap and getting ready to fly out and hunt for dinner (which he did 20 or so minutes after we starting photographing him).

Screech Owl fully awake and ready for the hunt

It's the second for me Jerry

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads