E-M10?

Started 5 months ago | Questions
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 32,062
Re: E-M10?

Gregg75 wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone in thread for the advice and help. I picked up the M10 markII on ebay certified recondition by Olympus with 90 warranty for 285 + shipping. it came with kit lens that i already have but this was cheaper than body only.i have to familiarize myself with it because im going to the NY auto show tomorrow and don't want struggling then trying take photos.i also get to use the pro 12-40 lens i got.

That's a good buy. But an auto show? Next you will want a new car !

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 +4 more
OP Gregg75 Junior Member • Posts: 34

Guy Parsons wrote:

Gregg75 wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone in thread for the advice and help. I picked up the M10 markII on ebay certified recondition by Olympus with 90 warranty for 285 + shipping. it came with kit lens that i already have but this was cheaper than body only.i have to familiarize myself with it because im going to the NY auto show tomorrow and don't want struggling then trying take photos.i also get to use the pro 12-40 lens i got.

That's a good buy. But an auto show? Next you will want a new car !

Regards...... Guy

lol.

Englishman in France Senior Member • Posts: 1,324

I own a EM5 mkI (broken), an EM10 mki (broken) and an EM5 mkii (working thankfully).  I would not have bought a replacement for my EM10 mki if it was still working,  because it was a pretty good camera. Contrary to what other people are writing, I also would consider an EM10 mkii snd iii a step down in terms of build feel.  (Sorry, this is just my opinion). The EM10 mki is built like a EM5 (without the weather sealing) while I am afraid to say the mkii an mkiii are not.

I know I am going to annoy a fair few people with this opinion, but the EM10 mkii and iii feel cheaper than the mki. They may be technically better, but I actually prefer the mki.  If it were me, I'd run the EM10 mk i into the ground and only then upgrade the body. By which time, mid-tier bodies like the EM5 mkii or a PEN F will be selling for a bargain.

As for the 12-40mm lens. If you buy the lens seperately then you will probably pay more than buying it with a body. If you want to save money, it might be worth waiting until you can buy both camera body and lens together.   Ironically,  I bought my 12-40mm lens split from a kit for £550 new and then ended up buying a EM5 mk ii body split from a kit lens for €500 new.  I think I was lucky to find these offers, but it is easy to get an EM5 mk ii with the 12-40mm lens together for less than £1000 without even shopping around.

Anyway, that is just my opinion.

Thorgrem Contributing Member • Posts: 760

Gregg75 wrote:

I had my m10 for almost 3yrs. I want to know if the m10II or M10III are these worthy upgrades to my camera. i going to pick up the pro 14-40.

I had the E-M10 with grip. Also have the 12-40 Pro. The combination wasn't very ergonomic for my taste.

With the E-M10 Mark II you gain nice features like 5 axis IBIS. If you go that route I advice the optional grip. Be aware that Olympus hasn't made a optional grip for the E-M10 Mark III.

I did go for a second hand E-M5 Mark II with both horizontal and vertical grips. Same IQ but I couldn't be happier for handling with the 12-40 Pro. Also that body is weather sealed which I like.

Thorgrem's gear list:Thorgrem's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
Ravilo New Member • Posts: 23

Five years with E-M10 and still strong. It's one of those well rounded cameras which are a joy to use. Now E-M10 II seems a better upgrade than III.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads