***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 1,147
Re: Exhibits: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

abiquiuense wrote:

How long does it take to go from your pad, on a single mission/purpose, through all of photo #1, and back to your pad?

I'm asking this because, I don't know what you photographed. I see that it's an escalator type thing. But, what I see more is the symmetry and form, which you captured very well.

abiquiuense

Depends ..on the subway ..  I take pictures when I see them too like in this case; an escalator heading down to the subway platform in Manhattan.

Thanks.

KB

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 +5 more
Exhibit : ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

Converted to black and white

Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 +5 more
OP Michael86 Contributing Member • Posts: 582
Re: Exhibit : ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

I like the composition of the first one. I also love bridges. Thanks.

Michael86's gear list:Michael86's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 4,353
Day is Done! (3d of 3 entries)

An unknown young lady, into demolition, finishing up for the day, inside our Pueblo nation.

abiquiuense

Exhibit: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

Manhattan Bridge framed by Brooklyn Bridge

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 40,748
Over????

Challenges only go a week...I think it should be over or am I getting senile?

Michael86 wrote:

Mini-Challenge 534 begins now and ends Sunday March 3rd, 2019, at 5:00 PM EST.Australia.

The Theme is Framing. By that I mean images which have been shot through an opening to create a "framed" border around the image. The opening can be something like a window, windscreen, arch, vegetation, opening or hole - either naturally occurring or man-made.

I suggest that the "frame" surrounds at least 2 sides of your image for maximum effect.

No composite images which have had the frame effect added in after the shot in PP.

Please:
1. Submit a maximum of 3 Entries to win and/or as many Exhibits as you wish.
2. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including cell phones, and may have been taken at any time.
3. Please state very clearly in the header of your post whether an image is an "Entry" or an "Exhibit". Non-labeled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.
4. Please post all Entries and Exhibits using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post. Comments can be made directly to the Entry or Exhibit post.
5. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread, and I may select some of the exhibits, for Honorable Mentions.

The "lucky" First Place winner has the dubious honor of hosting of the next challenge. If the winner doesn't respond post a new Challenge within 3 days of the date results are posted; or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

I look forward to viewing your creative images. Good luck!!

Michael

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Trafford2
Trafford2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,177
Re: Over????

Bill Borne wrote:

Challenges only go a week...I think it should be over or am I getting senile?

The host decides the date the challenge will close - no limit,
but a reasonable time span of about a week to ten days is
usual.

A host can also bring the challenge to a shorter close,
this has been done in the past if the host decides there
is a reason for doing this.

Michael86 wrote:

Mini-Challenge 534 begins now and ends Sunday March 3rd, 2019, at 5:00 PM EST.Australia.

The Theme is Framing. By that I mean images which have been shot through an opening to create a "framed" border around the image. The opening can be something like a window, windscreen, arch, vegetation, opening or hole - either naturally occurring or man-made.

I suggest that the "frame" surrounds at least 2 sides of your image for maximum effect.

No composite images which have had the frame effect added in after the shot in PP.

Please:
1. Submit a maximum of 3 Entries to win and/or as many Exhibits as you wish.
2. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including cell phones, and may have been taken at any time.
3. Please state very clearly in the header of your post whether an image is an "Entry" or an "Exhibit". Non-labeled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.
4. Please post all Entries and Exhibits using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post. Comments can be made directly to the Entry or Exhibit post.
5. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread, and I may select some of the exhibits, for Honorable Mentions.

The "lucky" First Place winner has the dubious honor of hosting of the next challenge. If the winner doesn't respond post a new Challenge within 3 days of the date results are posted; or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

I look forward to viewing your creative images. Good luck!!

Michael

Re: Day is Done! (3d of 3 entries)

Like it.

Sony RX10 IV
Challenge Closing

Hi Folks, I think this popular challenge has run its course and I will make today ( Tuesday 26th) the final day for entries.

Will  hopefully post results over the next few days.

Cheers, M

Sony RX10 IV
DeGijon Regular Member • Posts: 413
Re: Over????

Bill,

The post announcing this challenge says it closes March 3.

DeGijon's gear list:DeGijon's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony a6000 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony Alpha NEX-3N Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +10 more
keven v Regular Member • Posts: 290
For Exhibition

From Amsterdam...

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: Exhibit: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

Cool summer

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +6 more
busch
busch Forum Pro • Posts: 32,832
The window (Exhibit)

-- hide signature --

Busch
Take the scenic route! Life is too short to do otherwise.
My Photos

busch's gear list:busch's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Sony RX10 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony a77 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +12 more
Trafford2
Re: The window (Exhibit)

busch wrote:

Need a little time to analyse  - intriguing what is going on, especially the two handed sword holding.
the two hands on the sword

edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,425

Trafford2 wrote:

busch wrote:

Need a little time to analyse - intriguing what is going on, especially the two handed sword holding.

He's killing a dragon by driving the sword downwards with all his strength.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +1 more
10sTroy
10sTroy Forum Member • Posts: 81
Re: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

I just looked at this thread, and since framed by foliage is appropriate, I remembered these shots I had taken 6 years ago in Brazil's Pantanal wetland. The first two birds I intend as exhibits, while I'll enter the following two animal shots because I like these guys in their format. By the way, our guide said the locals consider the Giant River Otter to be more dangerous than the jaguar in their element.

Savannah Hawk

Yellow-rumped Cacique

Jaguar

Giant River Otter

10sTroy's gear list:10sTroy's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Trafford2

edform wrote:

Trafford2 wrote:

busch wrote:

Need a little time to analyse - intriguing what is going on, especially the two handed sword holding.

He's killing a dragon by driving the sword downwards with all his strength.

That was my thoughts too, most depictions are usually
St.George using the lance for the kill.

Re: For Exhibition

Nicely framed. Good colour.

Sony RX10 IV
Re: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed

Nicely done. I like framed shots through vegetation of animals . It shows their environment and also adds visual depth to the image. Thanks.

Sony RX10 IV
dbogdan
dbogdan Senior Member • Posts: 1,401
Re: ***Mini Challenge #535: Framed**Exhibit**

davidbogdan

dbogdan's gear list:dbogdan's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads