X-T30

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
io_bg
io_bg Contributing Member • Posts: 814
Re: X-T30

JNR wrote:

Not so. Look a lot closer and take into account perspective error. Do you realize how much 6mm is? That would make the body closer in thickness to an X-T2 than the X-T20. For proper verification just look at the top view of the two cameras as listed on this website.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm/slrs/fujifilm_xt30

The VF extends well beyond the thumb grip (thankfully).

So what is your point? Even by comparing the top view they look exactly the same save for the the thumb hook and slightly less protruding screen on the X-T30.

Edit: I just checked Fuji's site. The accessories page for the X-T30 lists the X-T10 grip and leather case as compatible meaning the three X-Tx0 bodies can use the same accessories.

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +6 more
NickHolmes Junior Member • Posts: 30

Question: For users of models with joystick (X-E3, X-T2 and X-T3). While in shooting mode, can you use the joystick to simulate the D-PAD functions, or does that have to be done via the swipes?

No, the joystick aka "focus level" seems to be dedicated to controlling the focus point. (At least, on the X-T3).

NickHolmes's gear list:NickHolmes's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Vic Chapman Forum Pro • Posts: 10,694
Re: Enough with the flip out screen please.

+1

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan. Writer, comedian, poet, Goon. 1918 - 2002

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +11 more
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,701

io_bg wrote:

JNR wrote:

Not so. Look a lot closer and take into account perspective error. Do you realize how much 6mm is? That would make the body closer in thickness to an X-T2 than the X-T20. For proper verification just look at the top view of the two cameras as listed on this website.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm/slrs/fujifilm_xt30

The VF extends well beyond the thumb grip (thankfully).

So what is your point? Even by comparing the top view they look exactly the same save for the the thumb hook and slightly less protruding screen on the X-T30.

Edit: I just checked Fuji's site. The accessories page for the X-T30 lists the X-T10 grip and leather case as compatible meaning the three X-Tx0 bodies can use the same accessories.

Point is pretty clear, but maybe Fuji supplied Product Images will help clarify:X-T30

X-T20

Possibly, the VF and LCD extend further, but the thumb rest clearly isn't the culprit.

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,490
Re: Flip Out Screen Please

io_bg wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

CaptainNoddy wrote:

To be honest, I wish this X-T30 has the X-T100 flip out screen.

Otherwise despite the good video features, it cannot attract vloggers.

I don't know anything about blogging, but the unique (for Fuji) X-T100 articulating screen is incredibly useful for framing landscapes, street shots, macro shots, and any other hard to get to shooting positions. It's very difficult to go back to traditional LCD screens after shooting for a while with the X-T100.

Sal

I think I'd prefer the X-T2/3's two-way tilting screen. It would work better on a tripod. or when shooting near the ground.

The X-T100 screen will do all of that, plus it allows shooting in vertical (portrait) orientation on the ground and vertical shots from the hip/chest.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
arenk New Member • Posts: 1

io_bg wrote:

True. No idea how they measured an additional 6mm...

Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,490

KameraKnut wrote:

CaptainNoddy wrote:

It's an annoying feature that is most appreciated by a tiny percentage of users.

I've had several cameras with flip out screens and selling one right now, the Panasonic G85. Useful yes but incredibly annoying as it just about ruins the ergonomics of a photo taking experience. Always hated that "wing" hanging from the side of the camera.

Needless cost, complexity and annoyance to those that don't give a care about such a feature. Thank you Fuji for having the courage not to listen to a very vocal minority!

Flip screens are so ubiquitous nobody wants one!  

I would never buy another Fuji that didn’t have an articulating LCD screen.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,701

arenk wrote:

io_bg wrote:

True. No idea how they measured an additional 6mm...

We're in agreement here. It was Io-bg who posted the deceptive images, and claimed that the thumb rest added 6mm - a crazy amount (15%).

Fuji product listing has the presumably incorrect change. DPR is not to blame.

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Mecca66 Regular Member • Posts: 130

I would think the release of the X-T30 will slowly drive down even further the used prices of the X-T20's, which may be the best bang for the buck camera in the Fuji lineup.

yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 12,073

That's what I was thinking ...

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
Clive99 Contributing Member • Posts: 662

+2. Really dislike flip out screens.

Clive99's gear list:Clive99's gear list
Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 +17 more
Ronin 67
Ronin 67 Regular Member • Posts: 140

Agreed

-- hide signature --

Ronin67
"That's some bad hat, Harry" ~ Martin Brody
"Everyone has a photographic memory....some just don't have film" ~ Stephen Wright

Ronin 67's gear list:Ronin 67's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Ronin 67

Exactly if ya want a flippy there’s plenty of options

personally it’s one I can take or leave been shooting without one for the past 8 years hasn’t caused me to miss a shot or make a better one

-- hide signature --

Ronin67
"Everyone has a photographic memory....some just don't have film" ~ Stephen Wright

Ronin 67

One reason I went XT2

-- hide signature --

Ronin67

OP CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 4,786

Clive99 wrote:

Same here.  I have them on 2 cams and realized I prefer the tilt screens.

-- hide signature --
 CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D700 Nikon D5600 +14 more
DiffractionLtd
DiffractionLtd Senior Member • Posts: 2,836

CMCM wrote:

Clive99 wrote:

Same here. I have them on 2 cams and realized I prefer the tilt screens.

Why?  They are much more limited than flip out.  Having both I see that.

Rmcp20 Senior Member • Posts: 1,022

DiffractionLtd wrote:

CMCM wrote:

Clive99 wrote:

Same here. I have them on 2 cams and realized I prefer the tilt screens.

Why? They are much more limited than flip out. Having both I see that.

Because you can tilt up with one finger on the go, while a flip out screen you have to push to the side and rotate. That alone will required more than a finger and takes more time.

For some that is important, for others its not. For me personally, the X-T100 screen is perfect, as you can tilt up only, or move sideways for selfies.

Rmcp20's gear list:Rmcp20's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +2 more
celestialemissary
celestialemissary Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Re: 1080/120p - 1.29x crop

Mateus1 wrote:

Big drawback is slow motion 1080/120p mode that is 1.29x crop but It's most popular video feature now.. I do not understand why Fuji limited it... using 18/2 lens you get 23mm field of view, with 16mm close 21mm... so not true wide angle view... + poorer IQ in low light with 1.29x crop.

Not sure if A6400 FHD 120p records in crop too.

A6400 has even bigger crop

Mateus1 Contributing Member • Posts: 889
Re: 1080/120p - 1.29x crop

celestialemissary wrote:

Mateus1 wrote:

Big drawback is slow motion 1080/120p mode that is 1.29x crop but It's most popular video feature now.. I do not understand why Fuji limited it... using 18/2 lens you get 23mm field of view, with 16mm close 21mm... so not true wide angle view... + poorer IQ in low light with 1.29x crop.

Not sure if A6400 FHD 120p records in crop too.

A6400 has even bigger crop

Heard different statements... one saying its 1.20x crop

david8732 Regular Member • Posts: 257

CaptainNoddy wrote:

Thank goodness for that.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads