X-T30

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,490
Re: Flip Out Screen Please

CaptainNoddy wrote:

To be honest, I wish this X-T30 has the X-T100 flip out screen.

Otherwise despite the good video features, it cannot attract vloggers.

I don't know anything about blogging, but the unique (for Fuji) X-T100 articulating screen is incredibly useful for framing landscapes, street shots,  macro shots, and any other hard to get to shooting positions.  It's very difficult to go back to traditional LCD screens after shooting for a while with the X-T100.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
KameraKnut Regular Member • Posts: 248
Enough with the flip out screen please.

CaptainNoddy wrote:

It's an annoying feature that is most appreciated by a tiny percentage of users.

I've had several cameras with flip out screens and selling one right now, the Panasonic G85. Useful yes but incredibly annoying as it just about ruins the ergonomics of a photo taking experience. Always hated that "wing" hanging from the side of the camera.

Needless cost, complexity and annoyance to those that don't give a care about such a feature. Thank you Fuji for having the courage not to listen to a very vocal minority!

KameraKnut's gear list:KameraKnut's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R APD +2 more
io_bg
io_bg Contributing Member • Posts: 818
Re: Flip Out Screen Please

Sal Baker wrote:

CaptainNoddy wrote:

I don't know anything about blogging, but the unique (for Fuji) X-T100 articulating screen is incredibly useful for framing landscapes, street shots, macro shots, and any other hard to get to shooting positions. It's very difficult to go back to traditional LCD screens after shooting for a while with the X-T100.

Sal

I think I'd prefer the X-T2/3's two-way tilting screen. It would work better on a tripod. or when shooting near the ground.

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +6 more
boy_wander Regular Member • Posts: 163
Re: X-T30

Predicting it now. Fuji will add 10 bit internal and 4k60 via firmware update.

chimphappyhour Senior Member • Posts: 1,087

Haven't watched any of the reviews yet but I'm sure this is going to come up a lot since it comes up on every cellphone review now. XT30 = dongle life for audio.

chimphappyhour's gear list:chimphappyhour's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
chimphappyhour Senior Member • Posts: 1,087

boy_wander wrote:

Doubtful. The first review I've read already said the XT30 is limited by its size and inability to dump enough heat that heavy video would generate.

chimphappyhour's gear list:chimphappyhour's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Mateus1 Contributing Member • Posts: 890

boy_wander wrote:

Just FHD 10bit 4:2:2 would be already great, means 2K because X-T30 FHD is 2048x1080p.

yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 12,120

I am very curoius about that depth measurement as well. Agree that it may well be a mistake- I certainly can't see any difference in the photographs shown between the basic body housing of the new camera and my T10. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
Miguel-C
Miguel-C Senior Member • Posts: 1,081

A joystick at this price point is incredible. Fuji is killing it...

io_bg
io_bg Contributing Member • Posts: 818

yardcoyote wrote:

I am very curoius about that depth measurement as well. Agree that it may well be a mistake- I certainly can't see any difference in the photographs shown between the basic body housing of the new camera and my T10. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

The depth is increased because of the larger thumb "hook" and Q button placement on the X-T30.

The bottom plate should be unchanged though.

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +6 more
Leroy_Jenkins New Member • Posts: 3

Very excited for this camera. I want a compact alternative to my D750 that provides great image quality, quick AF, and solid video and this seems to fit the bill perfectly.

DiffractionLtd
DiffractionLtd Senior Member • Posts: 2,836

No IBIS today = instant anachronism.  Otherwise, it looks really good and it's a shame.

Kevin Barrett
Kevin Barrett Senior Member • Posts: 1,498

How many really prefer a "flippy" screen?  A vocal minority? It's hard to say from this armchair, but I would suspect Fujifilm did their homework. Personally, I could go either way.

-- hide signature --

Kevin Barrett
Lowell, MI USA
www.kbfoto.com

Kevin Barrett's gear list:Kevin Barrett's gear list
Apple iPhone 5s Apple iPhone 7 Plus Apple iPhone 11 Pro Snapseed 645 Pro Mk II +4 more
DiffractionLtd
DiffractionLtd Senior Member • Posts: 2,836

Kevin Barrett wrote:

How many really prefer a "flippy" screen? A vocal minority? It's hard to say from this armchair, but I would suspect Fujifilm did their homework. Personally, I could go either way.

Once you've used them all you realize:

No screen is worst, tilting screen is second, full motion screen is  best.

yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 12,120

Oh, OK. The differences are much easier to see in these images. It looks like the basic shell remains unchanged, which was what I was curious about.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
vegetaleb
vegetaleb Senior Member • Posts: 1,440

The only change I was waiting for was the evf size, unfortunately they kept the exact same size, so I bought an x-t3 instead

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/
My shutterstock https://www.shutterstock.com/g/jeffmerheb
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/147690104@N02/

vegetaleb's gear list:vegetaleb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Nas from the Valley Regular Member • Posts: 117

Didn't have time to read/watch reviews, how do you find the AF performance of X-T30? Is it the same as X-T3?

JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,770

io_bg wrote:

yardcoyote wrote:

The depth is increased because of the larger thumb "hook" and Q button placement on the X-T30.

The bottom plate should be unchanged though.

Not so. Look a lot closer and take into account perspective error. Do you realize how much 6mm is? That would make the body closer in thickness to an X-T2 than the X-T20. For proper verification just look at the top view of the two cameras as listed on this website.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm/slrs/fujifilm_xt30

The VF extends well beyond the thumb grip (thankfully).

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Mihle Regular Member • Posts: 217

Nas from the Valley wrote:

Didn't have time to read/watch reviews, how do you find the AF performance of X-T30? Is it the same as X-T3?

Videos I have seen says after perf on X-T30 is actually better untill X-T3 gets its next update.

Kevin Barrett
Kevin Barrett Senior Member • Posts: 1,498

DiffractionLtd wrote:

Kevin Barrett wrote:

How many really prefer a "flippy" screen? A vocal minority? It's hard to say from this armchair, but I would suspect Fujifilm did their homework. Personally, I could go either way.

Once you've used them all you realize:

No screen is worst, tilting screen is second, full motion screen is best.

Yep, have used them both. I can make an argument either way.

-- hide signature --

Kevin Barrett
Lowell, MI USA
www.kbfoto.com

Kevin Barrett's gear list:Kevin Barrett's gear list
Apple iPhone 5s Apple iPhone 7 Plus Apple iPhone 11 Pro Snapseed 645 Pro Mk II +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads