Nothing on the G3X II front?

Started Jan 9, 2019 | Discussions
Jim Senior Member • Posts: 2,651
Nothing on the G3X II front?

Anyone heard any unofficial rumors on this?

Jim

Jim's gear list:Jim's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon G1 X II +10 more
Canon G3 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nevada5
nevada5 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,973
Re: Nothing on the G3X II front?

Three and a half years.  I wouldn't count on anything.

-- hide signature --

Stay thirsty, my friends.
I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.

nevada5's gear list:nevada5's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX100 VI Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
OP Jim Senior Member • Posts: 2,651

nevada5 wrote:

Three and a half years. I wouldn't count on anything.

I hear you. It was 4 years between the SX60HS and the SX70HS but I'm leaning more toward your point of view.

Jim

Canon PowerShot Pro1 Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon G1 X II +10 more
0lf
0lf Senior Member • Posts: 1,246

Jim wrote:

nevada5 wrote:

I hear you. It was 4 years between the SX60HS and the SX70HS but I'm leaning more toward your point of view.

Jim

I would not count on it either. That said, may be canon knew that, given the shortcomings of the G3x, waiting for the right technology improvements was the right way to do. Here, I see the DPAF sensor as a mandatory requierement for a successor.

0lf's gear list:0lf's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm X70 Canon G7 X II Apple iPhone 6s
riveredger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,801

0lf wrote:

Jim wrote:

nevada5 wrote:

Jim

I would not count on it either. That said, may be canon knew that, given the shortcomings of the G3x, waiting for the right technology improvements was the right way to do. Here, I see the DPAF sensor as a mandatory requierement for a successor.

Built in EVF and DPAF and the G3X II would be fantastic!

riveredger's gear list:riveredger's gear list
Sony a6100 Samsung Galaxy S9+
IDoLikeCameras Forum Member • Posts: 90

they could make it now, or later.

i guess it just didnt sell that well.

there's a gap in the market for a lightweight 600mm 1inch camera with great OIS and an AF that doesn't sucks.

Sony RX10 provides most of this with meh OIS and heavyweight.

Canon G3X provides most of this with bleh AF and slightly worse IQ.

IDoLikeCameras's gear list:IDoLikeCameras's gear list
Canon G3 X Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R III
OP Jim Senior Member • Posts: 2,651

IDoLikeCameras wrote:

they could make it now, or later.

i guess it just didnt sell that well.

there's a gap in the market for a lightweight 600mm 1inch camera with great OIS and an AF that doesn't sucks.

Sony RX10 provides most of this with meh OIS and heavyweight.

Canon G3X provides most of this with bleh AF and slightly worse IQ

Update the G3X to Digic 8, improve the camera's buffer, and significantly improve its autofocus capabilities (DPAF). These items are important for a camera of this type in today's market. Others will no doubt include 4K capability too. That too is probably a worthy addition but I'm mostly a stills shooter so 4k is less critical. However and if for no other reason than from a marketing perspective, it should be included.

...just my take.

Jim

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads