PatrickG.
PatrickG. Regular Member • Posts: 483
Request to Photoshop shutters on house photo

Would someone be so kind as to Photoshop the following on this photo:

- Add black shutters to the sides of the window

- Make front door same color gray as siding on gables

- Color front door trim black

- Color garage door trim black

For bonus points, include a second version where everything is colored the same gray as the gable siding.

Thanks in advance!

Cariboo Contributing Member • Posts: 624
Re: Request to Photoshop shutters on house photo

PatrickG. wrote:

For bonus points, include a second version where everything is colored the same gray as the gable siding.

Thanks in advance!

Is this for personal use & if so, what type & why?

Or is this for your commercial purposes as a contractor, developer or real estate agent? Someone doing this for free for you is undercutting the retouching profession. Why hire someone when a enthusiast or retiree will do it for free? Think of your job, would you want someone to undercut you & do your work for free & put you out of a job?

You are asking for a fair bit of work to be done for free. I would be happy to do the work, starting at $65/hour & I figure 1.5-2 hours, download to upload at whatever resolution that you are requesting for the work that you have so far outlined. More work = more time = more cost.

PatrickG.
OP PatrickG. Regular Member • Posts: 483

Cariboo wrote:

PatrickG. wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Is this for personal use & if so, what type & why?

Or is this for your commercial purposes as a contractor, developer or real estate agent? Someone doing this for free for you is undercutting the retouching profession. Why hire someone when a enthusiast or retiree will do it for free? Think of your job, would you want someone to undercut you & do your work for free & put you out of a job?

You are asking for a fair bit of work to be done for free. I would be happy to do the work, starting at $65/hour & I figure 1.5-2 hours, download to upload at whatever resolution that you are requesting for the work that you have so far outlined. More work = more time = more cost.

This is all me. The builder and I are wavering back and forth on which color to use for the shutters, door, and trim. He has no idea I’ve posted this. I’m just terrible at visualizing this sort of thing in my head. Our first choice of brick didn’t go back into production in time to start, so this is our second choice. Add to that, the brick went up looking more tan than the gray (it’s a gray brick), so now we’re trying to tie everything together so it doesn’t look terrible.

Cariboo Contributing Member • Posts: 624

Very time consuming to do a good job to do it for you in 2 versions for free. I don't have "free" time, just for home decorating. I have to work to pay my mortgage. Also, if free, if me, my "free" work, would not allow rights to the contractor to also use the image in the future.

Why not upload your image to a Paint Mfg website, as they offer that sort of service online for free, they offer complimentary color suggestions & trim views. Exactly what you are looking for, but it will be more crude than a good retoucher would do & maybe not adding shutters. Try a popular nation wide paint brand. I've seen several but don't have the URL handy, though a Google search will find it.

Or, HIRE a retoucher !!!!!! You can certainly afford it with a house like that, as I can barely afford my hovel since so many people do "my" type of work for free. I could never afford to build a house like that based on how much my income has been eaten away by "free".

p0ppyman
p0ppyman Contributing Member • Posts: 608

PatrickG. wrote:

Thanks in advance!

As a person who did outsides sales for Tektronix, TRW and a few other companies kudos! Rule #1 is always ask for the sale because you have to give people an opportunity to say yes! I lived very well with 70% of the people saying no. Let's see if you make a sale!

If not there are plenty of videos on YouTube where you can learn to do it yourself using a trial version of Photoshop!

-- hide signature --

~ there is beauty in every face ~
https://www.billpoplawskiphotography.com

p0ppyman's gear list:p0ppyman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
PatrickG.

I think I can muddle through it, but it takes me forever and I suck. Admittedly, I just love seeing what you talented folks come back with.

Andre W
Andre W Senior Member • Posts: 1,607

Regards from South Africa

Andre

Andre W's gear list:Andre W's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot SX270 HS Canon EOS 60D Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +2 more
PatrickG.

Andre W wrote:

Andre

Nice work! And very helpful - thank you!!!

Jonsi
Jonsi Veteran Member • Posts: 5,236

Cariboo wrote:

Someone doing this for free for you is undercutting the retouching profession.

Undercutting on price? Sure. Is that a bad thing for the guy looking for services?

Did you mean undermining? It's not.

No one owes you a protected career.

Why hire someone when a enthusiast or retiree will do it for free?

Food for thought.

With the accessibility and ease-of-use of a hundred photo editors available these days, why pay someone?

Think of your job, would you want someone to undercut you & do your work for free & put you out of a job?

No, but it's life.

Better to find a career that isn't so easily replicated by an enthusiast.

PatrickG.

Andre W wrote:

Andre

Andre... if you have time... could you edit your black shutters and trim version to make the interior louvered part of the shutters the same gray as the gray shutters in your gray version, but leave the raised panels black? Then, color the front door the same color gray?

Saleen1999
Saleen1999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,675

If I was great at Photoshop I would be happy to help you. I have been using PS and PSP for many years but I only dabble in it and have asked on this forum and learned from many but unfortunatley this forum has slowed down to the point we lost a lot of great retouchers who taught me what I know and by using Scott Kelby books but adding shutters is out of my league. This forum has over the last 8 years of so turned into a social club more or less than learning. We have a member here who started a weekly challenge whereby a member would post a photo and tell the group what they wanted done to the photo but members I guess got bored and so that;'s not here anymore.

-- hide signature --

Melissa
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
PaintShop Pro 2019 Ultimate
Lightroom CC 2019
Gimp
http://www.pbase.com/mnewco

Saleen1999's gear list:Saleen1999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
Andre W

Changes requested, as I see it.

Andrè

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot SX270 HS Canon EOS 60D Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +2 more
Andre W

I echo your sentiments - sad actually - what I can do in PS, I learnt here - the experts from whom I learnt, sadly left - all because the forum changed a lot - in the past you are referring to, it was more ACTUAL retouching - it since became a forum mainly about software. The "old" forum, which I used to love, was MUCH more active than today.

Regards from South Africa.

Andrè

RayGuselli
RayGuselli Forum Pro • Posts: 16,073

My thoughts
Ray

-- hide signature --

VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE...HOPE YOU LIKE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77568703@N03/

RayGuselli's gear list:RayGuselli's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
PatrickG.

RayGuselli wrote:

My thoughts
Ray

Fantastic - thank you!!

PatrickG.

Andre W wrote:

Changes requested, as I see it.

Andrè

Love it! Thank you again!!

Alex Permit
Alex Permit Senior Member • Posts: 2,338

RayGuselli wrote:

My thoughts
Ray

Amazing work, as always Ray.  You are an inspiration.

Alex Permit's gear list:Alex Permit's gear list
Sony RX100 V Fujifilm X100F Sony a7R II Nikon D500 Nikon D5 +24 more
RayGuselli
RayGuselli Forum Pro • Posts: 16,073

Alex Permit wrote:

RayGuselli wrote:

My thoughts
Ray

Amazing work, as always Ray. You are an inspiration.

Thank you so much Alex....that is very kind and encouraging.
Very best wishes Ray..

-- hide signature --

VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE...HOPE YOU LIKE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77568703@N03/

RayGuselli's gear list:RayGuselli's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads