Still worth buying a new D500?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
redhed17
redhed17 Senior Member • Posts: 1,802
Re: Quick, better get on to ...

brianric wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

The D500 is currently the best overall cropped sensor camera, imho, with regards especially to AF, FPS and Buffer, and in other aspects it is normally quite close to being on a par or better than the opposition. That is why it is keeping it's price close to the release price in some country's.

How long this situation stays this way it is questionable, imho. 'If' the Sony a7000 specs I linked to are close to accurate, and it has the AF performance close to the a9, then this could push the D500 as the best overall cropped sensor camera, especially as now Sony is filling out their lens line up.

Far from it. I can think of two reasons why this won't happen. Mirrorless cameras have a tendency to overheat under heavy and prolong use in high temperatures, and Sony still can't match Nikon when it comes to weather sealing.

Some mirrorless cameras have a tendency to overheat now, but computer chips run cooler whilst giving more power as time goes on with newer chips developed. It will probably be a problem that will be overcome for almost all mirrorless manufacturers at some point unless there is a huge increase in performance in some aspect of the cameras components.

I've seen the tear downs of the Nikon Z7 and the Canon EOS R on Lens Rentals and it seemed the larger bodies and have enabled, coupled with circuit boards that are not to  jam packed, for both manufacturers to have good control over heat management so far. Note that Canon don't have In Body Image Stabilisation (IBIS) which would fill their body more and generate heat. Canon may or may not have IBIS in their FF mirrorless cameras in the future. They say that lens stabilisation is the best option and all they need atm, but expect them to change their tune if they add IBIS.

The Canon and Nikon mirrorless cameras seem to be very good at weather sealing, and some aspects of the Sony a7's have good weather sealing, again looking at the Lens Rentals tear downs of the a7III, EOS R and Z7. Presumably Sony will improve their weather sealing, but time will tell.

If over heating and weather sealing are barriers, they will probably get better as time goes on, but again, time will tell.

Whatever design features the manufacturers will come up with in regards to combat overheating or weather sealing for their mirrorless cameras, hopefully the DSLRs would benefits too, especially with more energy efficient components at least.

-- hide signature --

Redhed17
My hair is not red, and I am sadly way past 17. LoL
http://500px.com/redhed17

redhed17's gear list:redhed17's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E
twamers Senior Member • Posts: 1,327

redhed17 wrote:

David Lal wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

I'm not sure they will do a D500 replacement, or mirrorless DX camera any time soon, never mind a fast DX mirrorless camera. Either way they could lose a lot of sales to Sony by default.

.. Masashi Oka on the Nikon board. He may be unaware of the situation you describe and may be grateful for your insight.

There again, maybe not.

Oh are we not allowed an opinion now! :-/ Do I ever assume that Nikon read threads in forums on the internet, and particularly here! Of course not.

The D500 is currently the best overall cropped sensor camera, imho, with regards especially to AF, FPS and Buffer, and in other aspects it is normally quite close to being on a par or better than the opposition. That is why it is keeping it's price close to the release price in some country's.

How long this situation stays this way it is questionable, imho. 'If' the Sony a7000 specs I linked to are close to accurate, and it has the AF performance close to the a9, then this could push the D500 as the best overall cropped sensor camera, especially as now Sony is filling out their lens line up.

Now for some it is DSLR or nothing, for some it is Nikon or nothing, but Nikon are not #1, and we are told that mirrorless are the future, and the market shifting towards mirrorless seems to confirm that will be the case at some point.

If Nikon stick with the D500 as their performance crop sensor option for as long as the time between the D300S and the D500, it could be as dated as those two cameras are in comparison to whatever the opposition brings out. Their first foray into FF mirrorless doesn't fill me with confidence that they could do a mirrorless version of a crop mirrorless camera towards the D500 level. It's taken Sony three versions to get to a point where their FF mirrorless are a viable alternative to DSLRs for a lot of people.

It is just opinion of course. I have no expectation of what I say ever showing up on Nikon's radar. I am just putting forward an opinion on a forum set up for people to discuss things.

But to those that think that a manufacturer always knows better, no company is big enough to fail.

From the many reviews I've read nikons first foray into full frame Mirrorless has been rather good - frankly the reviews say better, much better than that. For a1st iteration they are better than sonys 1st iteration. Go buy the magazines and read the reviews

realmadeira Regular Member • Posts: 218
Re: Still worth buying a new D500?

Doug Haag wrote:

Mark A wrote:

I’ve been holding off on getting one, but would really like to. Figured that two years after launch the cost would have dropped a lot.

But, the D500 has been out for over two years. And, the price hasn’t dropped much. Think Nikon will release an upgraded version? Or drop the price?

Is it worth buying one new now?

Thanks!

What camera do you have now that you would be replacing with a D500?

Looking at your posting history (participated in just 3 previous threads since joining DPR in 2010) it doesn't appear that you are deeply invested in this hobby. In 2015, you started a thread almost identical to this one that expressed interest in buying a D750. Is that what you are shooting now?

good catch, because seems like OP already decamped from this discussion

redhed17
redhed17 Senior Member • Posts: 1,802

twamers wrote:

From the many reviews I've read nikons first foray into full frame Mirrorless has been rather good - frankly the reviews say better, much better than that. For a1st iteration they are better than sonys 1st iteration. Go buy the magazines and read the reviews

I have read a lot of reviews of the Nikon Z cameras and the Canon EOS R and despite the time that they have both had to develop their products, neither has brought products as good as the Sony version 3 a7's in key areas. Because they have waited to enter the FF mirrorless market, and chosen to do that with a new lens mount at the same time, their available native lenses are tiny in number, as would be expected, to start with. Yes, you can use (some) older lenses via adapters (which you may have to pay for) but the Canon adapter seems to work better as they have had all electronic connections since they changed their lens mount the last time in the 80's.

Have you seen the continuous AF performance of the Nikon's in all of those reviews, especially the video portion of the AF reviews on DPReview. Quite poor imho, and that is not even talking about the face AF which Sony seem to be very good at.

Yes, Nikon and Canon had better FF mirrorless cameras released than the cameras that Sony released as their first cameras, but that is 5-6 year old technology they had to beat you know!

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Nikon to have brought out the best FF mirrorless cameras to blow the opposition away, because I have had a long affinity with Nikon, but they (and Canon) haven't. At best they have cameras equivalent that are somewhere in between the version 2 and 3 versions of the Sony a7's.

Both Nikon and Canon are playing catch up straight from the off, and it is not as if Sony will stay still while they catch up. Sony have had 3 versions of the a7 in five years, with the last version being the biggest advancement. I'm not sure Nikon or Canon will be as prolific as Sony in a similar time. The level of cameras they have put out (D8**/D6/7** and 5D*) have been changed every 2-5 years. Would I put money on them both suddenly speeding up their rate of camera releases as the evolve their systems! Mmm, not really until I see them.

-- hide signature --

Redhed17
My hair is not red, and I am sadly way past 17. LoL
http://500px.com/redhed17

redhed17's gear list:redhed17's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E

redhed17 wrote:

twamers wrote:

I have read a lot of reviews of the Nikon Z cameras and the Canon EOS R and despite the time that they have both had to develop their products, neither has brought products as good as the Sony version 3 a7's in key areas. Because they have waited to enter the FF mirrorless market, and chosen to do that with a new lens mount at the same time, their available native lenses are tiny in number, as would be expected, to start with. Yes, you can use (some) older lenses via adapters (which you may have to pay for) but the Canon adapter seems to work better as they have had all electronic connections since they changed their lens mount the last time in the 80's.

Have you seen the continuous AF performance of the Nikon's in all of those reviews, especially the video portion of the AF reviews on DPReview. Quite poor imho, and that is not even talking about the face AF which Sony seem to be very good at.

Yes, Nikon and Canon had better FF mirrorless cameras released than the cameras that Sony released as their first cameras, but that is 5-6 year old technology they had to beat you know!

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Nikon to have brought out the best FF mirrorless cameras to blow the opposition away, because I have had a long affinity with Nikon, but they (and Canon) haven't. At best they have cameras equivalent that are somewhere in between the version 2 and 3 versions of the Sony a7's.

Both Nikon and Canon are playing catch up straight from the off, and it is not as if Sony will stay still while they catch up. Sony have had 3 versions of the a7 in five years, with the last version being the biggest advancement. I'm not sure Nikon or Canon will be as prolific as Sony in a similar time. The level of cameras they have put out (D8**/D6/7** and 5D*) have been changed every 2-5 years. Would I put money on them both suddenly speeding up their rate of camera releases as the evolve their systems! Mmm, not really until I see them.

The most recent reviews of both nikons I've seen rate then as best in class. That is ahead of the Sony. Each individual will have differing views and needs a well as likes. All photography is a compromise. But it's quite clear the new nikons are excellent cameras. There are just too many excellent reviews. I can't speak for Canon as l have zero interest in that brand.

greenmanphoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,847

twamers wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

David Lal wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

I'm not sure they will do a D500 replacement, or mirrorless DX camera any time soon, never mind a fast DX mirrorless camera. Either way they could lose a lot of sales to Sony by default.

.. Masashi Oka on the Nikon board. He may be unaware of the situation you describe and may be grateful for your insight.

There again, maybe not.

Oh are we not allowed an opinion now! :-/ Do I ever assume that Nikon read threads in forums on the internet, and particularly here! Of course not.

Now for some it is DSLR or nothing, for some it is Nikon or nothing, but Nikon are not #1, and we are told that mirrorless are the future, and the market shifting towards mirrorless seems to confirm that will be the case at some point.

If Nikon stick with the D500 as their performance crop sensor option for as long as the time between the D300S and the D500, it could be as dated as those two cameras are in comparison to whatever the opposition brings out. Their first foray into FF mirrorless doesn't fill me with confidence that they could do a mirrorless version of a crop mirrorless camera towards the D500 level. It's taken Sony three versions to get to a point where their FF mirrorless are a viable alternative to DSLRs for a lot of people.

It is just opinion of course. I have no expectation of what I say ever showing up on Nikon's radar. I am just putting forward an opinion on a forum set up for people to discuss things.

But to those that think that a manufacturer always knows better, no company is big enough to fail.

Twamers,

From Roger Cicala's teardown, over at Lens Rentals, it's "the best-built mirrorless camera ever made", or something to that effect. Considering how many products he and his team have taken apart over the years, that's probably saying quite a bit.

The Z series, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, are STILL not for me, though. Until they at least match the performance of the D500 and D850, or until I can no longer carry around the bag of gear, I'll stick with them as my primary cameras.

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D300, D700, D500, and D850; 16-80mm, 85mm f1.8, 24-85mm, 24-120mm; Sigma 10-20 f3.5, 150mm f2.8 Macro, 17-50mm f2.8; Tamron 70-300mm, 70-200mm f2.8 VC; 24-70mm f2.8 VC G2; Gitzo 2531 Mountaineer tripod; RRS BH-55 ball head; Monostat RS-16 Pro monopod; Various odds and ends.
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

greenmanphoto's gear list:greenmanphoto's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more

greenmanphoto wrote:

twamers wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

David Lal wrote:

redhed17 wrote:

There again, maybe not.

Twamers,

From Roger Cicala's teardown, over at Lens Rentals, it's "the best-built mirrorless camera ever made", or something to that effect. Considering how many products he and his team have taken apart over the years, that's probably saying quite a bit.

The Z series, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, are STILL not for me, though. Until they at least match the performance of the D500 and D850, or until I can no longer carry around the bag of gear, I'll stick with them as my primary cameras.

Sam

Sam

Thank you.  I wasn't aware of that which is very interesting indeed.  Certainly in the UK mags a 'best in class rating' has been given to both I believe.  And for a first iteration that is hugely impressive.  It doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement but hey all cameras could be improved so Nikon have done a pretty stellar job I think.   I'm not getting one either as I have other priorities financially at the moment so I'm sticking with my D500 and D7200 which I like very much.  But later this year if my priorities allow I'll be looking very closely at the Z6.

Kapiro
Kapiro Forum Member • Posts: 92

Newbie here daring to throw in two cents, even though more experienced photographers and forum members have essentially said it all.

It all gets back to what someone else mentioned somewhere in the thread. What will you be shooting and how important or relevant is this camera to said shooting? In addition, how important is that shooting to you?

I bought my D500 in 2016 because we discovered one of our children had great competitive aptitudes for an equestrian discipline. The D500 was the right and the best camera for the photographs I wanted to take. If my current D500 were to meet some untimely demise now, I would buy another one because I need (or want?) a the best sports camera I can afford without going into overkill (say a D5).

In 2016 I bought the D500 because a few years earlier, I had photo gear that was completely wrong for the things I wanted to photograph. So I ended up missing on once in a lifetime opportunities, not because I was going to take some award winning shot, but because the chance of being under the circumstances to take the photo were unlikely to repeat themselves.

The question about price/cost is a straightforward one, a person is either willing to pay it or not.  The question that might help you decide is what is the –perhaps intangible– value of the things or situations you wish to capture with a camera.

Kapiro's gear list:Kapiro's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR

Kapiro wrote:

Newbie here daring to throw in two cents, even though more experienced photographers and forum members have essentially said it all.

It all gets back to what someone else mentioned somewhere in the thread. What will you be shooting and how important or relevant is this camera to said shooting? In addition, how important is that shooting to you?

I bought my D500 in 2016 because we discovered one of our children had great competitive aptitudes for an equestrian discipline. The D500 was the right and the best camera for the photographs I wanted to take. If my current D500 were to meet some untimely demise now, I would buy another one because I need (or want?) a the best sports camera I can afford without going into overkill (say a D5).

In 2016 I bought the D500 because a few years earlier, I had photo gear that was completely wrong for the things I wanted to photograph. So I ended up missing on once in a lifetime opportunities, not because I was going to take some award winning shot, but because the chance of being under the circumstances to take the photo were unlikely to repeat themselves.

The question about price/cost is a straightforward one, a person is either willing to pay it or not. The question that might help you decide is what is the –perhaps intangible– value of the things or situations you wish to capture with a camera.

Kapiro,

EXCELLENT viewpoint and comments! Like you, I feel that I prefer to be able to capture once-in-a-lifetime shots (for ME, at least), even if they've been done a THOUSAND times before by OTHER photographers. They've NOT been done by me, and I don't have ANY idea if I'll ever be back in a situation to capture them again. I want to know that the gear I have to take those photos with will be up to the challenge, and ANY limitations in capturing those images falls squarely on ME instead of my gear.

Thanks again for the insight.

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D300, D700, D500, and D850; 16-80mm, 85mm f1.8, 24-85mm, 24-120mm; Sigma 10-20 f3.5, 150mm f2.8 Macro, 17-50mm f2.8; Tamron 70-300mm, 70-200mm f2.8 VC; 24-70mm f2.8 VC G2; Gitzo 2531 Mountaineer tripod; RRS BH-55 ball head; Monostat RS-16 Pro monopod; Various odds and ends.
Proud WSSA Member #260!

Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Kapiro
Kapiro Forum Member • Posts: 92

greenmanphoto wrote:

Kapiro wrote:

The question about price/cost is a straightforward one, a person is either willing to pay it or not. The question that might help you decide is what is the –perhaps intangible– value of the things or situations you wish to capture with a camera.

Kapiro,

EXCELLENT viewpoint and comments! Like you, I feel that I prefer to be able to capture once-in-a-lifetime shots (for ME, at least), even if they've been done a THOUSAND times before by OTHER photographers. They've NOT been done by me, and I don't have ANY idea if I'll ever be back in a situation to capture them again. I want to know that the gear I have to take those photos with will be up to the challenge, and ANY limitations in capturing those images falls squarely on ME instead of my gear.

Thanks again for the insight.

Sam

Sam,

I think you summed it up better than me.  Once-in-a-lifetime shots are usually relative to the particular photographer, rarely for the whole of the photo world.  And to me, even if it is not a National Geographic quality shot, it is my shot, taken because I was there. Such shots can be reminders of how fortunate we are to be able to take them.

And I agree with you, though the camera does not make the photographer, I want the limitations on capturing images to be mine and not the gear's.  I learned it my erring, so now I always keep in mind what I regularly do or will be doing (e.g., I posted on the gear advise section since my photo taking is about to change).

Cheers,

K

Kapiro's gear list:Kapiro's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR
arniebook Senior Member • Posts: 1,075

+1

See my gear acquisition formula

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times what we (j)ustify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the (e)njoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $xxxx=$²(j+e )

arniebook's gear list:arniebook's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +2 more
Westmill
Westmill Senior Member • Posts: 2,236

Mark A wrote:

I’ve been holding off on getting one, but would really like to. Figured that two years after launch the cost would have dropped a lot.

But, the D500 has been out for over two years. And, the price hasn’t dropped much. Think Nikon will release an upgraded version? Or drop the price?

Thanks!

Is it worth buying the best DX camera in existence ?

NO.... absolutely not.... you should buy a much lesser camera !

Westmill's gear list:Westmill's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 85mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more

arniebook wrote:

+1

Arnie

Which is why I’m going to take this opportunity to buy a new lens I’d been wanting and considering, anyway! My wife bought my daughter and myself a trip to Nebraska in March to see and photograph the sandhill cranes. I will probably also get a gimbal head to go with it so I don’t have to handhold the lens that entire time. I’ll be getting either the Tamron 150-600 G2 or the Nikkor 200-500. Never been before, not sure if I’ll be back again, and I’ve been eyeing the lens, anyway means this is the time.

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
Proud WSSA Member #260!

Westmill wrote:

Mark A wrote:

Thanks!

Is it worth buying the best DX camera in existence ?

NO.... absolutely not.... you should buy a much lesser camera !

If you have to ask...

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
Proud WSSA Member #260!

Badwater Senior Member • Posts: 2,095

Mark A wrote:

Thanks!

If you're waiting fro a cheap deal on a new camera, hold off longer.  After all, if the low price is your main goal, by this holiday season 2019 I'm sure the price will drop below the D750 price or be at least the same price as the D750.  You've waited this long, a few more months or years will save you some money.

With mirrorless being the new standard for what Nikon is trying to achieve, I highly doubt there will be any more DSLRs made.  One sure way to know is look at photokina and CES to see if Nikon is making any ground breaking presentations of new DSLRs for 2019 or 2020.  If you don't see the hype on the Nikon rumors, it's unlikely DSLR will continue.  
But the good news is, if you like the Nikon brand, and have invested in it, Nikon should come out with a pro DX mirrorless as their first flagship DX mirrorless in a year or 2.  But, as you know, nobody gets it right the first time.  So you can expect the new flagship DX to have major improvements over their first line of Z cameras in performance.  And, by then they should have a few fast f/2.8 zooms out too.  
But they will be pricy,  And you'll need to wait or save up for at least 3 to 5 years before you can afford one.  Or until the price drops enough for it to be an option.  Hey, but you made it this far waiting, a few more years won't hurt to save a few hundred bucks.

arniebook Senior Member • Posts: 1,075

greenmanphoto wrote:

arniebook wrote:

+1

Arnie

Which is why I’m going to take this opportunity to buy a new lens I’d been wanting and considering, anyway! My wife bought my daughter and myself a trip to Nebraska in March to see and photograph the sandhill cranes. I will probably also get a gimbal head to go with it so I don’t have to handhold the lens that entire time. I’ll be getting either the Tamron 150-600 G2 or the Nikkor 200-500. Never been before, not sure if I’ll be back again, and I’ve been eyeing the lens, anyway means this is the time.

Sam

Glad I could help Sam ... I have the 200-500 and love it!

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times what we (j)ustify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the (e)njoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $xxxx=$²(j+e )

arniebook's gear list:arniebook's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +2 more
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 8,447

Badwater wrote:

Mark A wrote:

Thanks!

If you're waiting fro a cheap deal on a new camera, hold off longer. After all, if the low price is your main goal, by this holiday season 2019 I'm sure the price will drop below the D750 price or be at least the same price as the D750. You've waited this long, a few more months or years will save you some money.

With mirrorless being the new standard for what Nikon is trying to achieve, I highly doubt there will be any more DSLRs made. One sure way to know is look at photokina and CES to see if Nikon is making any ground breaking presentations of new DSLRs for 2019 or 2020. If you don't see the hype on the Nikon rumors, it's unlikely DSLR will continue.
But the good news is, if you like the Nikon brand, and have invested in it, Nikon should come out with a pro DX mirrorless as their first flagship DX mirrorless in a year or 2. But, as you know, nobody gets it right the first time. So you can expect the new flagship DX to have major improvements over their first line of Z cameras in performance. And, by then they should have a few fast f/2.8 zooms out too.
But they will be pricy, And you'll need to wait or save up for at least 3 to 5 years before you can afford one. Or until the price drops enough for it to be an option. Hey, but you made it this far waiting, a few more years won't hurt to save a few hundred bucks.

In five years I could be dead or more and likely be incapacitated from Parkinson's. I have a D500 and my advice to the OP is to get the D500 and enjoy using it to take pictures like I do. I plan on wearing out my D500 where I'll have to get a shutter replacement. At that time if I'm still able to take pictures I'll either buy another D500 or if Nikon got something better in the DX line that has the AF-C focusing capabilities of the D500 go for that. Don't get me wrong, I love my Olympus E-M1 Mk II, but when it comes to covering finish lines at bike-a-thons I grab the D500 to do the job. Life is too sweet and short not to enjoy to its fullest.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6400 +28 more
David Lal Forum Pro • Posts: 10,849
More dead?

brianric wrote:

In five years I could be dead or more ...

I am struggling to understand the concept of 'more dead' - for me it is too early in the morning for such difficult ideas!

Brian, I hope you are not in as bad a way as your post indicates but anyway, I agree with you, if one has the money, yes, buy or do whatever gives pleasure (although, I have to confess, I am pretty frugal).

brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 8,447
Re: More dead?

David Lal wrote:

brianric wrote:

I am struggling to understand the concept of 'more dead' - for me it is too early in the morning for such difficult ideas!

Brian, I hope you are not in as bad a way as your post indicates but anyway, I agree with you, if one has the money, yes, buy or do whatever gives pleasure (although, I have to confess, I am pretty frugal).

I'm 69 and in poor health. I have advancing Parkinson's, A-Fib, and I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm the only one (so far) in my family who has not had cancer, Mother, father, brother died of cancer, two sisters had breast cancer. I and both sisters tested positive for brca 2 cancer gene mutation.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6400 +28 more
Re: More dead?

brianric wrote:

David Lal wrote:

brianric wrote:

I'm 69 and in poor health. I have advancing Parkinson's, A-Fib, and I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm the only one (so far) in my family who has not had cancer, Mother, father, brother died of cancer, two sisters had breast cancer. I and both sisters tested positive for brca 2 cancer gene mutation.

Brian,

Sorry to hear of your health issues. Best of luck to you, in whatever form that may need to take.

Take care, enjoy photography and life while you can,

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
Proud WSSA Member #260!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads