How to set ZS70 to record raw photos?

Started 7 months ago | Questions
zBernie Regular Member • Posts: 342
How to set ZS70 to record raw photos?

I know the Panasonic ZS70 can record raw photos.   But I'll be dammed if I can find the menu item to set this.  I've looked in the PDF manual, and searched the Internet, to no avail.

How do you set this camera to record raw photos?

Thanks!

zBernie's gear list:zBernie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (Lumix DC-TZ90)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
LeanderOne Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: How to set ZS70 to record raw photos?

zBernie wrote:

I know the Panasonic ZS70 can record raw photos. But I'll be dammed if I can find the menu item to set this. I've looked in the PDF manual, and searched the Internet, to no avail.

Thanks!

I don't have the camera, but - assuming that the ZS70 follows the menus of other panasonic cameras) - it should be found on the page 1 of the in camera record menu. Page 1 has as  its first item 'Photo Styles, and  usually the last item on the page is Quality.  Select Quality and there you will find options for RAW and RAW+Jpeg etc. You should also be able access it through the camera's FN3 button (Quick menu) - simple scroll through the options at the top of the screen until you come to Quality, select it, then choose from the options given beneath.

LeanderOne's gear list:LeanderOne's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Olympus TG-5
Cariboo Contributing Member • Posts: 565

zBernie wrote:

I know the Panasonic ZS70 can record raw photos. But I'll be dammed if I can find the menu item to set this. I've looked in the PDF manual, and searched the Internet, to no avail.

Thanks!

Why not read the manual?  It will tell you there. You can download the PDF manual from the Panasonic website if you can't find yours.

Snapsh0t
Snapsh0t Senior Member • Posts: 2,257

What part of "I've looked in the PDF manual" did you not understand?

Snapsh0t's gear list:Snapsh0t's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X30
Cariboo Contributing Member • Posts: 565

Snapsh0t wrote:

What part of "I've looked in the PDF manual" did you not understand?

Well Smarty Pants ..... And what part of the "PDF Manual(s): did you not READ?????

There are 3 PDF Manuals, Quick Start, Basic & Advanced, all right there, if not with the camera in the box, then on the Panasonic website.

Here, let  me spoon feed that manual for you as you may not know how to do a web search.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dc-zs70_adv_en_om.pdf

It tells you on Page 173. I don't even have this camera, but a simple Google Search, then a search for "RAW" of the Advanced PDF Manual & wonder of wonders, there it is???

Snapsh0t
Snapsh0t Senior Member • Posts: 2,257

I can't have read "manual(s)" because you only wrote "manual". I have many powers but mind-reading isn't one of them. And you haven't even noticed that I'm not the OP, merely a sarcastic bystander.

Snapsh0t's gear list:Snapsh0t's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X30
Isacas Contributing Member • Posts: 629

I do have the zs70 and sure enough select quality in first record menu and there you have the choices. Raw is important for this camera since noise will clean much better. Enjoy it.

Isacas's gear list:Isacas's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
jvittek New Member • Posts: 1

I do not want to get involved in a dispute between betters.  However, when I go through the menu options, Qualitly is there but not accessable.  I remember shooting raw with this camera some months ago but now all I get are movie options.   Any additional clues about getting to raw or even jpeg would be appreciated.  Otherwise, I will have to toss the camera and find a new one.

LeanderOne Regular Member • Posts: 156

Given what you describe I can only  ask the obvious question, which is do you have the mode dial on the top of the camera set to Movie Mode?

If so, change it to another position - P A S or M for example, then check if the Quality setting becomes available.

If not, the hopefully someone who actually owns the camera will be along to help.

LeanderOne's gear list:LeanderOne's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Olympus TG-5
HenryBH New Member • Posts: 3

LeanderOne wrote:

Given what you describe I can only ask the obvious question, which is do you have the mode dial on the top of the camera set to Movie Mode?.

My ZS200 does not allow raw in iA mode, but does in iA+ mode.

HenryBH's gear list:HenryBH's gear list
Panasonic ZS200
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads