Can't locate XT3 Firmware 2.0?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
LightDriver Regular Member • Posts: 186
Can't locate XT3 Firmware 2.0?

I have tried to download the newest XT3 firmware and every Fujifilm link takes me to a file "FWUP0019.DAT" which during flashing appears to be ver 1.2?  Where is ver 2.0 located?  Thanks.

-- hide signature --
 LightDriver's gear list:LightDriver's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Doug Pardee
Doug Pardee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,720
Re: Can't locate XT3 Firmware 2.0?

All updates for the X-T3 will have the same file name.

Be sure you haven't accidentally put the new file in the same folder with an earlier version, resulting in the new one being called something like FWUP0019 (1).DAT or FWUP0019 - Copy.DAT.

-- hide signature --

Co-founder of the open-source LightZone Project: http://lightzoneproject.org/

Doug Pardee's gear list:Doug Pardee's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Canon EOS 350D +13 more
BillCPA Regular Member • Posts: 269
 BillCPA's gear list:BillCPA's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
OP LightDriver Regular Member • Posts: 186

Doug Pardee wrote:

All updates for the X-T3 will have the same file name.

Be sure you haven't accidentally put the new file in the same folder with an earlier version, resulting in the new one being called something like FWUP0019 (1).DAT or FWUP0019 - Copy.DAT.

-- hide signature --

Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/photondriver/

Thanks.  I did format the SD card and then copied the newly downloaded firmwware over but it still shows up as ver 1.2?    I have done this plenty of times with my XT1 and never had an issue.  Will try again just in case I am doing something incredibly stupid?  Good to know the firmware name stays the same.

99% sure I did (a couple times) but will try again.  Getting older sucks, brain does not work as well! 

BillCPA wrote:

be sure to delete the existing file first

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt3/index.html

-- hide signature --
Len-O Contributing Member • Posts: 754

LightDriver wrote:

I have tried to download the newest XT3 firmware and every Fujifilm link takes me to a file "FWUP0019.DAT" which during flashing appears to be ver 1.2? Where is ver 2.0 located? Thanks.

FWUP0019.DAT is the correct FW container for ver 2.0. It is also the same container for ALL X-T3 FW updates. For example FWUP0019.DAT was also used for the previous FW update ver 1.02.

It is possible that in your download location on your computer you will find an FWUP0019.DAT(1) file. In that case delete the first file and relabel without the (1).

Otherwise use the simplest new method of FW update by using the Fujifilm Cam Remote app (iOS/Android) via BT connection which will seamlessly install any new FW.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more

Thanks.  Will do that.   Based on the fact that nobody else has this problem, I clearly was not using the latest version.

Len-O wrote:

LightDriver wrote:

I have tried to download the newest XT3 firmware and every Fujifilm link takes me to a file "FWUP0019.DAT" which during flashing appears to be ver 1.2? Where is ver 2.0 located? Thanks.

FWUP0019.DAT is the correct FW container for ver 2.0. It is also the same container for ALL X-T3 FW updates. For example FWUP0019.DAT was also used for the previous FW update ver 1.02.

It is possible that in your download location on your computer you will find an FWUP0019.DAT(1) file. In that case delete the first file and relabel without the (1).

Otherwise use the simplest new method of FW update by using the Fujifilm Cam Remote app (iOS/Android) via BT connection which will seamlessly install any new FW.

-- hide signature --
dc_tonk Regular Member • Posts: 194

Alternatively, it may be worth giving the remote app a shot for firmware upgrades. I’m generally not a fan of it, but that does seem to be the one bit they got quite right.

dc_tonk's gear list:dc_tonk's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +8 more

That is exactly what I just did.  Worked fine, ver 2.0 is up and running!  Thanks.

dc_tonk wrote:

Alternatively, it may be worth giving the remote app a shot for firmware upgrades. I’m generally not a fan of it, but that does seem to be the one bit they got quite right.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads